Stayed at Glidden House while visiting Cleveland Institute of Music this past weekend. We were pleasantly surprised how clean and well appointed the room was. It was a very quiet location with complimentary parking and morning buffet breakfast. The hotel was located directly across the street to the CIM facility, which made it quite convenient for us. The breakfast could have been a real plus to our stay, and with just a little more inspiration could have made a good visit great. The breakfast sausage was not browned, it was left a displeasing gray color. Eggs were cooked (over cooked - like rubber) in a muffin pan - when scrambled eggs would have been a better option. Oatmeal was fine, but the brown sugar they served was as solid as a rock - either old or moisture got to it. There was no bread for toasting (just bagels and muffins). The items served were fine, but there was no attention given to any of them, which left for an un-inspirational end to a very nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Glidden House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Inn Cleveland, Ohio