we have been to the glidden house a fair number of times and it does not disappoint. it is fairly small and cozy (it feels like a large bed and breakfast to some extent at the front of the house, and just like a regular hotel to the back of the house).
the art museum and botanical gardens are a block or two away. it is close to Little Italy where you can find an abundance of restaurants. there is also a nice little french restaurant and a small pub beside the property. there used to e a very good restaurant adjacent to the glidden house, but unfortunately that has since closed.
there is limited parking; we were there for thanksgiving and took the last spot upon returning from a family dinner- it was a little tight but still manageable in an SUV
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Glidden House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Inn Cleveland, Ohio