My wife and I just spent two days here while attending a wedding. No one available to
open front door... struggled with luggage up step... only to be faced with Front Desk individual
who informed me that our room was not ready. It was 2:30 in the afternoon and the problem
could have been dealt with if the Front Desk person had been somewhat friendly or
pleasant. Instead, she was to put it nicely, "less then helpful". After about 45 minutes she informed us that our room was ready with no apology whatsoever for the delay. To be fair.. check in time is 4 PM but the issue could have been addressed with a smile and some better customer service training. The room itself (#104) was ok although the carpet was badly stained and could use a cleaning. Only one (1) piece of soap was provided so it was annoying to keep taking the single piece of soap from the sink to the shower. The King size bed in the room was very very high off the floor, so much sothat my wife who is 5'7"in height, needed a hand up to get onto the bed. This Hotel has solved the problem of guests leaving with towels. The towels provided as so thin and threadbare that no one would ever consider taking them! As a Senior citizen it was a problem getting out of the shower as there is absolutely nothing to hang on to.... Obviously this Hotel does not have anyone concerned with "risk management". The installation of a grab bar in the shower area might be a good idea and they are fairly low in cost. The "free" breakfast is truly nothing to rave about... Basic breakfast items such as you would find in a budget type of hotel. Oh yes... room service is offered but there is no menu available in the room. Huh?There are several good things to say. Housekeeping made up our room promptly. Housekeeping staff are very polite and helpful. Checkout was quick, nice, and helpful. This time the individual at the front desk was extremely nice and professional. What a difference from our checking in experience. If you plan to visit the Cleveland Clutural attactions or Case Western University the Hotel's location is just about perfect. Would we stay here again?
A big big- NO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glidden House Hotel in Cleveland Ohio is a stunning and beautiful historical mansion built in 1910; The Glidden House is a full-service boutique hotel conveniently located on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. Glidden House offers guests a rare mix, an opportunity to indulge in both historical luxury and modern convenience with easy access to all that Cleveland, Ohio has to offer.The friendly and experienced staff strives daily to make your stay memorable and comfortable; it's much like staying with friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Glidden House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glidden House Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden Hotel Cleveland
- Glidden House Inn Cleveland, Ohio