“Overrated. Did not live up to description or LS agreement.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marigold Bed and Breakfast

Marigold Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterland
Marigold Bed and Breakfast
12647 Caves Rd, Chesterland, OH 44026   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Chesterland B&B and Inns
“Overrated. Did not live up to description or LS agreement.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The owner and manager seem nice but were perhaps distracted by an upcoming event at the Inn. I also stayed using a coupon and payed over $50 above the stated price for an "upgrade" as they did not have any upcoming vacancies that matched the coupon before it expired. I did not receive any wine and cheese. I was advised that the drain in the shower was "backing up" and not quite fixed (in fact there was grit and I don't know what else sitting in the shower). Reading these other good reviews made me envious--I was never informed about trails on the land, feeding llamas, or using the golf cart.

• Stayed May 2012
Beverly J, Manager at Marigold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I'm so sorry you were not happy with you stay with us. I always take it very personal and will
try harder. This was in May that you were here and we were extremely busy but do try to
make everyone feel they are special because you are. I'm not sure why you didn't get your
wine and cheese. I can send you wine if you like.
Let me know.
Beverly

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
STOW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our stay at the Marigold B&B was one of the most wonderful experiences, we have had. Our host treated us like family. The beautiful location, the lamas, the breakfest outside, and the way we were treated will sure to bring us back, for another visit. The beautiful countryside of the area was well worth the trip. Again, We can"t say enough about our hostess Beverly, she was one of the reasons our stay was great. Thanks again, and hope to visit again, real soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My First B&B experience was a pleasure and a joy. Our room was comfy and cute, the entire house was charming. The Llamas too. My favorite part was Breakfast which began with coffee and fresh fruit served outdoors in a tranquil setting. What a great way to start the day. Then eggs, maybe bacon and pancakes or thick french toast with pure maple syrup. Oh My! Best of all is Beverly, always there to anticipate our needs or share information. I came for a wedding and family reunion. I will stay here again and look forward to it. Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Taking personal time away to reflect and recharge found the perfect recipe at Marigold B & B with Beverly as the Hostess. The quiet of the woods, the privacy of the spotless room and Beverly's warm friendliness calmed me in soul and also served as my home base when I was exploring the neighboring villages. Thank you Beverly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the house tend to be more like suites and larger. All of the rooms are cl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hartland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The setting is very beautiful and isolated from chaos. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter in the evening and sat on the patio drinking and laughing all evening with the other guests. The owner and other guests let us know where to dine and shop or go sightseeing.

Our room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a mini-fridge outside the rooms for convenience, as well as access to the full kitchen. We received delicious, organic breakfasts each morning. We had a truly relaxing, fun-filled girls weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I bought a living social special for my husbands birthday to the Marigold B&B. I am so glad I did. The certificate was going to expire in a couple months so the week-ends were booked, but they had a Sun. Mon. open. What a fantastic place to relax. Beverly was such a sweetheart! The people taking care of the grounds and cleaning the rooms were so very nice to us. If you want a calm, relaxing, nature type B & B, then this is the place. Beautiful flowers all around the patio area. Trails to walk in, or you can take the golf cart to explore. Alpacas were so cute and love being fed carrots (that Beverly will give you). The breakfast was so good! Best homemade pancakes, frenchtoast I have ever had. Brown eggs, which are sold there, fresh fruit and fresh maple syrup. We chose to upgrade to the suite with the jacuzi. It was very nice and clean. We loved looking around downstairs at all the wonderful antiques and decore. The crackers, cheese, wine glasses and wine that came with our package was a very nice touch.
If your looking for a 5 star hotel then this is not for you, but if you are looking for a very friendly, relaxing, clean and interesting place then we recommend this place. We would definately love to go back. Thank you so much Beverly for such a wonderful experience!

Dale and Isabelle Fish
Michigan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at the Marigold on June 16th for our anniversary. The setting is amazing! As soon as you turn off of Caves Road, you forget you're still in a Cleveland suburb. Our suite was beautiful and spotlessly clean and breakfast was great. We loved the wooded location, all the flowers surrounding the patio and the alpacas too. Then it was just a short drive to Gamekeepers for dinner in Chagrin Falls, even with a stop at Red, White & Brew. We tried the Marigold because we had a discount. We'll go back because it's such a unique and romantic B&B. Don't change a thing!

Room Tip: Book early to get a hot tub.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marigold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!