“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn of Chagrin Falls

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chagrin Falls
Inn of Chagrin Falls
87 West St, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022   |
Cleveland, OH
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time at the Inn of Chagrin. We loved it and will be back again.The room and the service were great. It is nice to see little things like fresh cookies in the room and complimentary water bottles.Their location is close to everything in Chagrin Falls. It is a perfect spot for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed September 2012

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Olympia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I usually stay in Beechwood when visiting my daughter, but decided to stay closer this time. Chagrin Falls is such a lovely little town, and the Inn is right in town. I had the minimum room, which was right on the road, and I was aware of the morning commute when I failed to wear my ear plugs the last night. There are some great restaurants within a few blocks. Loved Jeni's for an ice cream sundae on my last night. Clean, comfortable, enjoyed that there was always someone sitting downstairs to greet you upon arrival. Made it feel very personal. Breakfasts were adequate, but would recommend adding some fruit (rather than just juice) and cheese for some protein. Pleasant breakfast room that is part of the adjoining restaurant.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with fireplaces for a cozy and quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn of Chagrin Falls to celebrate our anniversary this past October. We had a king room with a fireplace and found it clean and comfortable. It is definitely not modern in its decor, but we found it charming and a nice departure from the ordinary. Its convenience can not be beat. We had dinner at Joey's before seeing a play at the Chagrin Valley Little Theater, and we contemplated going out for drinks after that, but the room was so cozy with the fire, and the hotel had left cookies in our room while we were out, so... We stayed in for the remainder of the night. Point: once we arrived at the hotel and parked the car, we didn't touch it again until we left. The hotel is perfectly located for enjoying Chagrin Falls, which is very walkable. True, the tv was ancient, and the hotel is a bit on the spendy side, but it was a lovely, relaxing evening away. We are going back in a couple weeks to celebrate my husband's birthday in the same fashion.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amherst, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I love to spend a long winter's night at the Inn of Chagrin Falls. It's cozy, and, with the restaurant attached and shops within walking distance, it is a nice winter getaway. The Inn is also within 20 minutes of Beachwood Place, Legacy Village, and the Aurora Farms Outlet Mall, and there is a movie theatre just outside of town.

Yes, the decor is very preppy and could well be modernized. However, the beds are comfortable, and fireplaces in the rooms are a nice added touch. The Inn is clean and well maintained. Service has always been excellent, and the Inn offers wonderful deals during the winter months. We look forward to another getaway this President's Day weekend.

Room Tip: Choose a king bed and a fireplace.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Interlaken
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stay at this Inn frequently when traveling to visit family. It is in a very quaint and upscale town which is a suburb of Cleveland. The town is absolutely lovely and very walkable. There are lots of locally owned shops so great for someone who isn't a "mall shopper." The best part is that for a woman traveling alone I avoid the expressway hotels which sometime make me uncomfortable. The restaurant is average, but attached to the Inn so in case of snow you don't even have to go outside. I agree that the rooms could be updated on a decorating level, but that said, they are still very nice and the beds are great. My only complaint (which I've expressed frequently to the staff) is that they set aside one or two rooms for people traveling with pets. I am unable to stay here when I bring my dog along.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

What a absolutely charming location and town. Unfortunately, Inn of Chagrin Falls lacks pretty much everything you'd expect from a bed & breakfast in a quaint town such as Chagrin. This property has not been touched with any updates, my guess in at least 20 years. Everything, from the wall paper, to the carpet, to the TVs, to the fireplaces, to the lighting, to the baths, etc (you're getting my point) is original equipment. It's really too bad because with the Gamekeeper's restaurant facility next door (must be owned by the same person as that restaurant has seen better days as well) this has the potential to become a true destination. It's not. Unfortunately, there's no where else to stay if you want to walk the streets of Chagrin (and I'm sure they know that!). Anyway, we'll never be back until some major dollars are invested into this property.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the first floor have tiny small windows up by the ceiling, so you can't look out.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011 via mobile

The location was great! We stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary with another couple. It was nice to park our car and not need it again till we left. We could walk to everything, cvs, dinner, shopping, breakfast, loved that! We had dinner one night at jekylls which was ok, nothing to write home about and the next night we went to gamekeeper tavern for lunch and dinner which we loved and thought the prices were good. The rooms were nice. Our tv was made from the 1970s, but that's ok because we never turned it on. We expected more of a Bed and breakfast, so we expected a better breakfast. The breakfast was continental and not great which was a disappointment so we ended up going out to breakfast at yours truly which was great! Popular place though so get there early. We enjoyed the inn and shops, we'd go back

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Inn of Chagrin Falls? Share your experiences!