“great for woman traveling alone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn of Chagrin Falls

Inn of Chagrin Falls
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chagrin Falls
Inn of Chagrin Falls
Save Saved
You added Inn of Chagrin Falls to your Saves list
87 West St, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022   |
Interlaken
“great for woman traveling alone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stay at this Inn frequently when traveling to visit family. It is in a very quaint and upscale town which is a suburb of Cleveland. The town is absolutely lovely and very walkable. There are lots of locally owned shops so great for someone who isn't a "mall shopper." The best part is that for a woman traveling alone I avoid the expressway hotels which sometime make me uncomfortable. The restaurant is average, but attached to the Inn so in case of snow you don't even have to go outside. I agree that the rooms could be updated on a decorating level, but that said, they are still very nice and the beds are great. My only complaint (which I've expressed frequently to the staff) is that they set aside one or two rooms for people traveling with pets. I am unable to stay here when I bring my dog along.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

What a absolutely charming location and town. Unfortunately, Inn of Chagrin Falls lacks pretty much everything you'd expect from a bed & breakfast in a quaint town such as Chagrin. This property has not been touched with any updates, my guess in at least 20 years. Everything, from the wall paper, to the carpet, to the TVs, to the fireplaces, to the lighting, to the baths, etc (you're getting my point) is original equipment. It's really too bad because with the Gamekeeper's restaurant facility next door (must be owned by the same person as that restaurant has seen better days as well) this has the potential to become a true destination. It's not. Unfortunately, there's no where else to stay if you want to walk the streets of Chagrin (and I'm sure they know that!). Anyway, we'll never be back until some major dollars are invested into this property.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the first floor have tiny small windows up by the ceiling, so you can't look out.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011 via mobile

The location was great! We stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary with another couple. It was nice to park our car and not need it again till we left. We could walk to everything, cvs, dinner, shopping, breakfast, loved that! We had dinner one night at jekylls which was ok, nothing to write home about and the next night we went to gamekeeper tavern for lunch and dinner which we loved and thought the prices were good. The rooms were nice. Our tv was made from the 1970s, but that's ok because we never turned it on. We expected more of a Bed and breakfast, so we expected a better breakfast. The breakfast was continental and not great which was a disappointment so we ended up going out to breakfast at yours truly which was great! Popular place though so get there early. We enjoyed the inn and shops, we'd go back

• Stayed November 2011
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at the Inn which gives a special rate for those coming to the Cleveland Clinic. Lovely room, wonderful staff and continental breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We went there for a Valentine's Day getaway expecting a quiet place with homey decor and were quite surprised by the spacious room and easy access to fine dining. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who checked us in very quickly and provided us with a 20% off coupon for the restaurants next door, she also advised of where we could find additional parking. Our room was large, with a wall of windows and nice wooden shutters, a very comfortable four-poster bed, and a gas fireplace. The bathroom was also spacious and had a big jacuzzi tub. There was bottled water, an ice bucket and cookies waiting in the room when we arrived. We ate dinner at Gamekeeper's next door and had a fabulous experience there, the food was flavorful and well-prepared. I'd recommend the Inn at Chagrin Falls to anyone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Greattrip2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

When we first walked in we received a very warm welcome from the girl at the front desk, check in was fast and simple.

We walked up to the second floor passing paintings and furniture that tied the feeling of the building together.

The room seemed very large even with the four post bed. The room and bath were very clean.

Ate dinner at Gamekeepers, which was lovely, then had a romantic walk along the entire downtown area and watched the falls.

In the morning I woke up for the continental breakfast completed with a choice of newspaper.

Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

What a great experience, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and warmth of this Inn. I stayed 5 nights and I highly recommend it!

The Inn staff were smiling and helpful, and made me feel very welcome with lots of personalized attention. My room was sunny, comfortable and immaculate. And the location is unbeatable!

I grew up in the area and went back for a visit. I was happy to find an Inn located right in Chagrin Falls, a very short walk to restaurants and the waterfall, also a great starting point for visits to the parks and country drives…the wine bar right next door became my favorite place to meet up with old friends.

I can’t say enough about the comfort and warm spirit I felt at this place...my next task after I post this review is to book a trip back in October with my husband to see the leaves change… and yes…we’ll stay at the Inn of Chagrin.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Inn of Chagrin Falls? Share your experiences!