“Holiday Inn Centerville, OH” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Centerville
Kettering, Ohio
“Holiday Inn Centerville, OH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Great service, great staff. Our room had a hot tub, which was amazing. Staff kept local coupons on hand for nearby restaurants. Excellent stay!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Dear LADYLUCK,

I want to thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of all the coupons that we do keep at the desk for our guest. We hope to see you in the near future for a night away. Thank you once again for the wonderful feedback.

All the Best,

Michael Hyslope, CHS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Walworth, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband & I received 2 rooms, one for us and a connecting handicapped room for my 89 year old mom. We were in Dayton to visit my 95 year old Aunt who is in assisted living. The room was lovely, accommodations beautiful, clean and staff were polite and efficient. The roll -in shower in Mom's room was wonderful. We were only in town 2 nights so didn't have a chance to take advantage of the pool, hot tub and 24 hours gym. Next time we will. They looked wonderfully maintained. This hotel came recommended by my cousin who is a Dayton native and we were all very pleased. Definitely would stay again on a future visit. Close to shopping/restaurants, etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, it was definitely a pleasure meeting your family. I am so very glad that your stay was wonderful and definitely look forward to you coming back in the future.

Oakland, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was traveling with a group of friends. There were 9 rooms booked total between us. Out of those 9, 2 couples had things come up missing from their rooms. Not major items or valuables. Just nuisances, like a tube of Mary Kay make-up, a package of Q-tips and a tube of Neosporin. Another person and myself paid cash for our rooms, after giving them a debit card number over the phone to hold the reservation. You are required to put a $50 deposit down if you paid in cash, but were not given a receipt for the deposit. When the time came to check out, the other gentleman was told there was no record of him having given them a deposit. He had to get loud and belligerent to get the $50 cash back that at least 6 of us saw him hand them. Two days after I got home, I was looking at something else on my bank statement online and noticed a $30 charge from the hotel to my debit card. I called them and was told "Ooops. Clerical error. We will refund it." I don't believe it was an accident. I think it was just one more way they tried to scam. How many people who paid in cash wouldn't even look at their statement and catch that charge? I say BEWARE! If you do stay here, lock everything up, double check all charges and make sure you get a receipt for anything you pay cash for! And it probably wouldn't hurt to carry your toothbrush with you. You never know what an employee who thinks it is funny to take your Q-tips will do with it while you are out.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with our hotel. I do want to say that I was very shocked to see the accusations that were mentioned in your review. The guest that you stated had items taken from there room, were issued money to replace the items, and after returning home found these items packed away in their luggage and did return the money to the hotel. It is the hotels policy to take either a credit card or a cash deposit for any guest that chooses to pay cash at check in, and this is simply to protect the hotel from any damage issues. I do believe that my staff goes out above and beyond to ensure that every guest has a wonderful stay and that all there valuable stay protected at all times.
northeast Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We just returned from a two night trip to Centerville to see ALICE COOPER play at the Fraze. This was our second time staying there as we had seen ALICE at the Fraze before. All of the motel employees were very friendly, gracious and helpful. Our room was spotless and the beds were very comfy. Having a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room was also very nice. Even though the motel was booked with the Dayton Air Show going on that weekend we met plenty of great Alice fans staying there too. Alice fans are the friendliest people you will ever meet, no matter what your mother tells you. Already looking forward to another stay at this fine motel. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so much fun.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! It is guest like you that make it a wonderful place to work for me and my staff. We appreciate your return business for the Fraze Pavilion and look forward to seeing you in the future. You were also 100% correct in saying that Alice Cooper fans are absolutely wonderful people. Again, thank you for your great comments, and we promise to keep the hotel looking phenominal and the service level to an A+ rating.
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

ok so i stayed here for 2 nights because i had to not that i wanted too, the bathroom floor wasnt cleaned, had little black hairs all over the floor, i had to wear shoes if i was going to walk into there, who knows if they even vacuumed the carpets or not. The bed....HAIRS.. hairs all over the sheets and pillows, i was so disgusted. the staff was nice and friendly but seriously hire better people who know how to clean a floor and change sheets. if your going to stay in centerville, id go to a different inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
HIXCentervilleGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel, as we do welcome postive and negative feedback for continued training of our staff. I was not at all aware of the dissatisfaction of your stay and I assure you that this is not the typical service level that we are accustomed too. I have addressed this with my staff, and urge you to give us another chance when you are back in the area. If there is anything else that I may do for you, please feel free to contact me.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this HI Express during a biking trip for my spring break. We are Platinum Club members and have stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses, but this one was the best. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and their willingness to make their hotel as good as possible makes a real difference. Facilities are nice to have, but the competency and attitude of a staff make for at least 75% of a nice hotel stay and Centerville has this down par. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
alexandria, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I just love staying at this hotel. I've been here three times, twice on business and once for personal travel, and I intend to come back again. It's about 20 minutes to drive to business at Wright Patterson AFB from the location, but well worth it. The staff is exceptionally polite and attentive, the rooms are impeccably clean, and the breakfast is very good and served with care and friendly attention. There's an enjoyable pool on the first floor, both Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, and A&W are nearby, and several grocery stores are a few minutes away, handy since there's a good-sized fridge in the rooms. I can't think of any other hotel that's made me feel so welcome...they've definitely earned a repeat customer!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville? Share your experiences!