“Here again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Centerville
PA
“Here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm back. The service and rooms are good as usual. It's really a nice hotel with a good hot tub, which after driving here from Pittsburgh is a really nice feature. If you are a priority club member, make sure you ask for the check-in item, they usually give a free soda or water from the store. The beds and pillows are nice and fluffy.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Josh R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear cavychaueffer,

Thank you so much for another great review! We look forward to seeing you again someday!!

Take Care,

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hillsboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for two days and loved it. This is one of the newer and great HIE's and everything was perfect. Check-in was quick and efficient, everything was clean and fresh, beautiful decor, and the rooms were wonderful with granite counter-tops, large flat screen tv, refrig, and fairly large. The staff was friendly and efficient- and the hotel was quiet.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Dayton area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Josh R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Golfer010_11,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The issues began with not even arriving at the hotel. I had a feeling that I should call while driving to check my reservation. Good thin I did as they had me arriving a day later and staying a day later then what I asked for. Upon arriving, I was not granted the group rate that I signed up for. The room I was given was a handicap room. I am a person who is 6'3", you can imagine that the things in the room were not meant for me. The overall room was tiny. Breakfast was the same tasteless breakfast everyday. No alcohol was allowed in the rooms, and they do not have a bar.
On the day that I was leaving, I packed up most of my belongings and left a few things in my room to pack into my car, one of which was my computer. I was packing my car at 0930 and check out was 1200. After putting most of my belongings into my car, I returned to my room to find the door open. Be mindful of the fact that I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door. The housekeeper was in there and asked if I was looking for my computer and that she had taken it up to the front desk. I replied I would not be looking for it of she could read and proceeded to the front desk. They thought I had left but I was clearly just loading my car which could be seen from the front desk. Overall, due to the lack of privacy from the staff, overall rudeness, lack of applying group rates; one could say my experience at this Holiday Inn was absolutely horrible. Marriott will now be the only hotel chain that I will give my business too. Thank you holiday inn for nothing but a headache.

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear J007conks,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Clinton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very friendly and efficient check in and clean property and room. Like most hotels of this size, they had many rooms still not ready by 2, even though Saturday check ins are obviously coming for local events. Breakfast room was too small for size of hotel. BUT, I would stay again and again due to the cleanliness and value.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, although walls were fine, you could here people and kids in upstairs hall
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Josh R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear JimJPC,

Thank you so much for your feedback. As you mentioned we do have many events in the area on weekends and many of our guests arrive before our 4pm check in time. On your next visit if you need an early check in, just phone ahead the night before and we will be sure to have a room prepared for you as soon as possible. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hop to see you back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very clean and comfortable room. Great front desk workers. Would stay there again if in the area. The dining area was full on Sunday morning. But the guy working the breakfast area was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shalloh60,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! I am delighted to hear that your experience was enjoyable, especially the staff! Come back and see us again soon.

Elida, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We found this hotel to be very clean. A friendly staff, great service and a fast check out when we were leaving. The complimentary breakfast was good and typical of what most motels are offering these days. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Daddyo100,

Thank you some much for your kind words! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you back someday!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a sports tournament. The rate included breakfast and our room had a refrigerator and microwave with it which were both nice features. It was generally clean, although the lounge chair was a little worn. We did have problems accessing the internet. They did work to fix it, but it took several hours to repair. The location is convenient with several restaurants, stores and a gas station close by. My biggest concern with this hotel was the fact we were booking at a group rate and you had to cancel 72 hours before arrival which we found to be excessive. This is a local policy not a national policy because the national reservation center said we could cancel the day of arrival, which was not the case because you could only cancel by calling the local hotel. So, beware if you are booking under group rates. Generally, though, this is a decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Josh R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Hello Shalloh60,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was glad to hear that you had a great experience while here, and would choose us again if you were in the area.

Should you need any future reservations, please give us a call here at the hotel, and we would be more than happy to accomidate your lodging needs.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton - Centerville? Share your experiences!