“Dinning at the Kabuki” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Centerville, Ohio
“Dinning at the Kabuki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been going to this place for over 2 year and have take many a guess along with me. They have the best Sushi in Dayton, Ohio. I also love the Korean dishes that they prepare. The Wait staff is very friendly and always attentive. I do highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great Sushi, Japanese, and Korean foods.

Visited March 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Grudgingly My Favorite Sushi in Dayton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love the sushi and the service is always top notch. My biggest complaint is that the place is not well ventilated so EVERY time I go eat, I smell like the place afterward....my coat, my purse, you name it. But by far the most creative sushi menu and fish always tastes fresh.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waynesville, Ohio, USA
“Good sushi and Korean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We've been twice in the last month and the food is good. We went with our two little kids and although the place is tiny and always busy, the wait staff is always happy to serve our kids by bringing plastic cups, extra plates, extra utensils, etc for them. We feel welcomed there and the food is good!

Dayton, Ohio
“Good Korean and Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Kabuki is a small mom-pop restaurant serving both Korean and Japanese food. Their sushi menu is abundant. I wanted to try special sushi, but since this was my first visit, I went with basic items like salad roll and nattou roll (which is very rare to see because people usually don't care for nattou). I also had dol sot bibimbap, which came in a iron pot. It was really good. My wife ordered Yaki udon and enjoyed it, too. Service was very good. There was some drinking game going on with several customers, and the owner (mom) gonged a bell when the girls were drinking sake...which was a bit loud. Overall, it turned out to be a good surprise to find a nice, reasonably priced Japanese-Korean restaurant in Centerville.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Something is off at Kabuki”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to Kabuki a handful of times. I was amazed by the flavors of the sushi rolls. The sushi artist is very creative. The atmosphere is quaint but the booths could use some reupholstering. The only thing that brings this rating down is the fact that each time I eat Sushi there, I have gotten sick. The bug hits fast and is over within 1 day, however, it upsets and surprises me because I love the atmosphere of this place and enjoy the food as I'm eating. You can try it yourself; perhaps my stomach can't handle sushi all of a sudden? Perhaps the glazes used are creative but perhaps not gentle enough for a sensitive stomach (a citrus-cream glaze?). However, if you aren't adventurous and want a solid sushi dinner, try the Sushi place on the corner of Yankee and Lyons rd.

• Visited January 2013