“Great Beer Selection” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Centerville, Ohio
“Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited again after approximately 2 years. The beer selection has expanded (like most bar/restaurants have with new microbrew selections) is and very good. I miss the previous style deep dish pizza they used to have on the menu (now serving a thinner crust pizza).

Visited February 2014

Centerville, Ohio
1,519 reviews 1,519 reviews
1,022 restaurant reviews
3,030 helpful votes 3,030 helpful votes
“Archer’s Tavern is into craft and draught beer with a passion.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have noted that Archer’s Tavern is listed as number five in Centerville, and we like the historical connection to an 1802 namesake tavern. The south main street location east of the “new” Kroger’s seems ideal. We are cognizant that this property was home to several failed businesses: a low priced chain, a BBQ, and a pizza joint.

Archer’s Tavern is a handsome property pub; we like the exposed brickwork, and oak woodwork with oak tables and booths.

Archer’s Tavern is priced for young families, and a middle age public. We avoid the traffic of the dining room, which parallels south Main Street, and we are not the demographic to enjoy the well-stocked bar and nine TVs; we elect the nearly empty dining room to the south.

Today is Black Friday, and my wife is up at the crack of dawn, and ready for an early dinner. I predict a 4:00PM seating will avoid the young families, and my prediction holds true. We invite our son for ribs.

Our server, Lindsay is great. Lindsay enjoys her job, and Lindsay knows the draught and craft beer menu. I order a draught porter, and Lindsay delivers a perfect draught. Archer’s Tavern is into craft and draught beer with a passion.

To emphasize Archer’s Tavern is a U.S. “family” pub, and the menu is pure pub grub. There is nothing upscale or unusual here. I figure the “menu pricing” rather than the “menu grub” is the attraction.

My wife and son order the ribs; Archer’s Tavern is out of ribs on Black Friday. Go figure, and we are advised that several other diner are hugely dismayed by a “invisible” manager who is clearly not a planner or a linear thinker.

Out of ribs on Black Friday! This might be cause for a tar and feathering back in 1802!

Ok, my wife and son venture into the $9.00 hamburger range that would sell for less almost everywhere; however, the do not complain.

I select the salmon; huge mistake! I know not to order salmon from an American pub; however, salmon from a pub in Ireland or the United Kingdom is a great selection.

Archer’s Tavern salmon is frozen (of course), and the cook is clueless! The salmon is cooked well done! The salmon is nearly inedible!

Guess we disagree with all of the TripAdvisor’s reviewers who “rave;” excellent, good, nice, ….

As locals, we are pleased that there is a south suburban demographic, which rates Archer’s Tavern very highly. We sincerely wish this local establishment the best.

Archer’s Tavern does serve flights of draughts, and I may take advantage of the flights; however, the pub grub is truly forgettable.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

A local sports bar or pub that is very family friendly and is excellent for family, couples or the singles. Food is great and very reasonable in price. Atmosphere is great and you feel alive. Great place to unwind and enjoy a good meal and full bar

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Good Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Since moving back to this area, we have eaten many times at this local sports bar type restaurant. Due to my meds, I've not been able to try their beers which I understand are great. But, we have tried most every item on their menu. Good food at a reasonable price. Pizzas are good as are the various burgers, like the sticky burger. We eat there a couple of times every month.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Church Hill, Ohio
“excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Archer's Tavern is a great place for a great variety of foods and excellent service. Great value for what you order.. They have a great selection of beers - especially ales.

• Visited October 2013