“More than adequate, decent value” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Canton
OHIO
“More than adequate, decent value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

They seemed to have cleaned up and remodeled some areas. The staff was cordial. Breakfast was fine, free. Room was clean. Fridge, microwave. No complaints. Thin walls, but it's an inexpensive hotel. Our son's swim team stayed here as well and the conference room was conveniently utilized for catered meals.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Clean, bright, in good repair. I know that Comfort Inns vary in quality, but this one was well kept. Good bed, bright hallway, friendly staff. Bacon, scrambled eggs, and waffles for breakfast as well as the usual bagels, cereal, and yogurt. I'd definitely stay again.

I had a corner room in low travel season and enjoyed a quiet stay. Might be noisier when the hotel is more fully occupied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is an old Signature Inn that does need some updating. However, it is still in Ok condition and does allow dogs to stay for a nominal charge. Heating units are good, beds are comfortable and pillows are soft. Convenient location off Interstate 77 near Belden Village Mall and close to Pro Football Hall of Fame. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Did not tsya for beakfast so I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: One area of the hotel is reserved for pets. Great idea to keep all in one area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Apollo, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really convenient location......right off of I-77. It's minutes away from great shopping at Belden Village as well as other shopping centers. LOTS of restaurants and Football Hall of Fame. Rooms were large and clean. The staff was friendly and breakfast was very nice.......waffles, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc etc. We have stayed there before and will do so again. Only reason not to get five stars.....it's not in Disney World. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location ... clean, spacious room ... free wifi and OK breakfast.
Easy access to shopping and dining as well as the Hall of Fame and very close to I-77.
Good price at this time of year ... staff friendly anmd accomodating, especially Mandy at the front desk.
I am in Canton twice a year ... always stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room near, next to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I booked this room and was not disappointed. We could have gotten a cheaper rate if we had prepaid but then it would have not been refunded if we had canceled. The room was clean and quiet. The free wi-fi is a plus. The hot breakfast was okay; the oatmeal was instant and there was no microwave to cook it in. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a refrigerator for the room. The location is very convenient- close to the mall and access to the highway. I liked the fact that we could get both the Wall Street Journal and USA Today for free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, Owner at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. I will look at providing a microwave in our breakfast area if i can find space to place one. Our breakfast attendants can happily assist you with providing very hot water in the meantime. By the way we do have room upgrades available with microwaves and fridges. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jim Snyder
Deep in the Heart
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

On arrival, I found our room had a Queen bed rather than a King as we had reserved. I telephoned the front desk to let them know and see if a switch would be possible. This was not possible, however, rather than apologize for this disappointment and attempt to make things right in some way, the young man that I spoke with simply proffered an excuse that another guest had "overstayed" and as a result the rooms had been changed. He didn't say, "tough luck," but he might as well have for the complete lack of empathy he showed. I found his attitude unprofessional and felt very unwelcome.

I can certainly understand rooms becoming unavailable. It was their eagerness to blame guests for problems and unwillingness to take responsibility for their own establishment that was so unsatisfactory. Emails to management (****reed@snbhotels.com on Sep 28, and ***OH440@choicehotels.com Oct 3) and a comment on the choicehotels web form have gone unanswered. There was a card in our room explaining this hotel's Commitment to Satisfaction, and how we ought to bring anything wrong to their attention promptly, so they could correct it. I did, three times, and their staff showed an utter lack of interest in our satisfaction.

Housekeeping was attentive, and furnishings were serviceable. Breakfast was sub-par, with watery powdered eggs and slimy thin bacon. I won't be staying in a Choice/Comfort property again. I'll go back to Marriott or Hilton, where the service is pleasant and my business is welcomed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your needs on the type of bed you wanted. We do have guests that extend their stays at the last minute and bed types become unavailable. This does not excuse us from getting you a proper response soner. I am sure we could have handled this better and will strive to do so in the future.

Jim Snyder

Been to Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame? Share your experiences!