“Pleasant experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Canton
Apollo, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really convenient location......right off of I-77. It's minutes away from great shopping at Belden Village as well as other shopping centers. LOTS of restaurants and Football Hall of Fame. Rooms were large and clean. The staff was friendly and breakfast was very nice.......waffles, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc etc. We have stayed there before and will do so again. Only reason not to get five stars.....it's not in Disney World. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location ... clean, spacious room ... free wifi and OK breakfast.
Easy access to shopping and dining as well as the Hall of Fame and very close to I-77.
Good price at this time of year ... staff friendly anmd accomodating, especially Mandy at the front desk.
I am in Canton twice a year ... always stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room near, next to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I booked this room and was not disappointed. We could have gotten a cheaper rate if we had prepaid but then it would have not been refunded if we had canceled. The room was clean and quiet. The free wi-fi is a plus. The hot breakfast was okay; the oatmeal was instant and there was no microwave to cook it in. I was disappointed that I couldn't get a refrigerator for the room. The location is very convenient- close to the mall and access to the highway. I liked the fact that we could get both the Wall Street Journal and USA Today for free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, Owner at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. I will look at providing a microwave in our breakfast area if i can find space to place one. Our breakfast attendants can happily assist you with providing very hot water in the meantime. By the way we do have room upgrades available with microwaves and fridges. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Deep in the Heart
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

On arrival, I found our room had a Queen bed rather than a King as we had reserved. I telephoned the front desk to let them know and see if a switch would be possible. This was not possible, however, rather than apologize for this disappointment and attempt to make things right in some way, the young man that I spoke with simply proffered an excuse that another guest had "overstayed" and as a result the rooms had been changed. He didn't say, "tough luck," but he might as well have for the complete lack of empathy he showed. I found his attitude unprofessional and felt very unwelcome.

I can certainly understand rooms becoming unavailable. It was their eagerness to blame guests for problems and unwillingness to take responsibility for their own establishment that was so unsatisfactory. Emails to management (****reed@snbhotels.com on Sep 28, and ***OH440@choicehotels.com Oct 3) and a comment on the choicehotels web form have gone unanswered. There was a card in our room explaining this hotel's Commitment to Satisfaction, and how we ought to bring anything wrong to their attention promptly, so they could correct it. I did, three times, and their staff showed an utter lack of interest in our satisfaction.

Housekeeping was attentive, and furnishings were serviceable. Breakfast was sub-par, with watery powdered eggs and slimy thin bacon. I won't be staying in a Choice/Comfort property again. I'll go back to Marriott or Hilton, where the service is pleasant and my business is welcomed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your needs on the type of bed you wanted. We do have guests that extend their stays at the last minute and bed types become unavailable. This does not excuse us from getting you a proper response soner. I am sure we could have handled this better and will strive to do so in the future.

Sandusky, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked a Queen room with my employee rate for the night of September 29th 2012. I booked my boyfriend and i a room to come for the canton classic tattoo convention, We booked a queen room because he is over 6'5" tall and we need a bigger bed then the standard double and my rate didn't cover a king room. Well i called the day before and asked for a smoking room if possible and the girl at the desk said it was no problem, she asked if two doubles were ok...I said NO nothing under a queen due to his height, she told me that was no problem she would have a smoking room available.....well when we got there we had been moved in a double room. I told the girl at the desk and she said that i couldn't have a queen room with my employee rate. i told her that is what i booked on the internet and she said that it was a mistake....needless to say my romantic weekend with my boyfriend while our son was at his grandparents was ruined by us having to sleep in seperate beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your posting. I am sorry we put a preference to smoking vs non-smoking room type for your stay ahead of the bed type preferences. I will be reviewing the bed types available for the rate plan you booked and seeing what options I can come up with to address this. We strive to exceed expectations and we fell short for you. We will continue to improve and look forward to your next stay with us.

Ivybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great location, pleasent and helpful staff particularly Jim at check in and the young girl at breakfast. Good value for money with discount voucher which was honoured without question despite the hotel being busy. Had a great hot breakfast to start the day including crispy bacon. Room on the second floor was clean and tidy and all the furniture was in good repair.

Room Tip: Second floor at the back of the hotel is good. Lovely sunset from here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been here many times, but I think my most recent stay will be my last.

You know how you walk into a hotel room and it just seems dank and musty. That's what I found. The upholstered furniture was dirty and stained, you really didn't even want to sit on it.

The bedding was also stained and there was one nightstand. I used the ironing board as a makeshift nightstand to put my phone and glasses on. The ironing board cover was stained as well, complementing the rest of the decor.

The most serious issue was the security. My room was at the end of the hall near an exterior door that didn't shut securely. Even when I pulled on it from the inside, it wouldn't latch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your posting about your stay with us at the Comfort Inn. If you have time I would like to speak with you directly to address the problems with your stay from June. I take issues of safety and security personally and want to resolve them. We have a preventative maintentance program to address issues in our rooms regarding safety and security as well as cleanliness and I will follow up on your input to make sure your future stays are considerably better than your previous stay in June.

330-492-1331

Been to Comfort Inn - Hall of Fame? Share your experiences!