“A nice hotel, but what's with the package deal "hard sell" at check-in?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Canton

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Canton
“A nice hotel, but what's with the package deal "hard sell" at check-in?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Stayed here overnight as part of a seminar going on nearby. Everything about the stay was fine, if nothing too great.

Thought it very strange, though, at check-in we were given the "hard sell" by not 1 but 2 desk clerks to buy a package deal for going to the Football Hall of Fame (maybe 10 minutes away). We probably told them 3X that we didn't have time to do the museum, but didn't seem to soak in. Then came a hard sell for a $10 upgrade to our room that included a free drink at the bar or pantry and a complimentary breakfast buffet. In all my travels, I've NEVER had a check-in experience like this.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huber Heights Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Thank you so much for going out of your way to make sure our stay was 1st class! I know it was a busy holiday weekend. The level of customer service that we received was extraordinary. I want you to know that I will highly recommend this hotel to everyone I know. It was a pleasure!!!!! Sincerely Linda McCutcheon lmccutcheon@woh.rr.com

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Can't go wrong with this Courtyard. ... the rooms are clean and fresh and the rates are very reasonable. I stay here 4-5 times a year while on business nd have never been disappointed. The food at the bar was terrific - some of the best soup I have ever eaten and quite reasonably priced. Breakfast is always good as well. They had a wine and cheese tasting in the lobby the night I was there....I didn't indulge but everyone who did seemed to enjoy it. Certainly a nice perk at a value priced hotel. The real gems here are the staff though....always helpful and very friendly to a one. Once you figure out how to get to it (it is sort of hidden behind a shopping center) you will want to return again. I typically stay at full service hotels but even if there was one in the vicinity, I would choose this Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dayton Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott as part of the National Association of Postal Supervisors Ohio state convention August 20-23rd. I found the room to be clean and the staff very friendly. I called the front desk to request extra hangers and my request was dealt with promptly. The only complaint I have is the towels are too thin, they are not as plush as in other hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is near a shopping mall with the usual anchor stores, Macys and Dillards, and there are low priced chain restaurants nearby. The buffet breakfast is good and adequate for the money and if given the opportunity, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I have never stayed at a hotel with such a helpful, cheerful staff. I kid you not. They were professional, gave great local advice on restaurants and other amenities and were very attentive to my family's needs. This Courtyard has been recently renovated so the entire hotel is very comfortable, clean and updated. I left my stay there completely satisfied with my experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed at the Courtyard Canton this past weekend for a wedding. The hotel seemed to be very nice. It appeared fairly new and was definitely clean. Our room was very nice. The curtains were so fantastic that you couldn't tell the difference between night and day when they were closed. The room had a refrigerator which was nice to put a few drinks in. Maid service was thorough. I found the price to be a little high for Canton, Ohio though. I stayed in a nicer regular Marriott 3 weeks prior that was much cheaper. There was also free internet.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Without a dought this has been the best Hotel we have ever stayed at.....

The Staff was great to work with and always willing to help us with whatever we needed.

We hosted our state convention with over 70 members and it was great.

The food was great the service was great and I cannot say how much we enjoyed our stay.

If you are looking for great service and food, this is the palce for you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!