“An adequate Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Columbus, Indiana
“An adequate Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard while visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
It was interesting finding the hotel. After exiting the Interstate, we immediately had to turn down "an alley". I really wasn't sure we were going the right way but we suddenly ran into the hotel. There is an entrance from the other direction which was easier but not easily accessible from the Interstate.
The hotel had a nice bar area and a restaurant area. It was noisy when we arrived at night. There appeared to be a wedding party staying there. The lady at the desk greeting us nicely and checked us in promptly. There was one elevator that a bunch of people were trying to use. We thought it was the only elevator in the place. We found out later there was another one as the end of the hall. It was not easily detectable as I stumbled on it looking for the ice machine.
The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We were pleased with the room.
There was one aspect that we thought was weird. At about 9:00, the maids were knocking on doors asking people if they needed their room cleaned. I think this caught people off-guard. It certainly did us. We were leaving that morning and was planning to check out around 10:30 a.m. It was about 10:00 and my wife had just gotten out of the shower. Suddenly the door opened and the maid stepped in and my wife was standing there in her birthday suit. The maid said "why didn't you have the do-not-disturb sign on the door." I thought "why don't you let us get checked out before cleaning the room." I have never had this happen before and found it strange.
This Courtyard does not have continental breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater. They advertise the there is a made-to-order breakfast for "only" $10.99. We did not do the breakfast.
The hotel was slightly above average but because of our maid encounter, I'm going to lower the score a bit.

Room Tip: Watch out for the cleaning service in the mornings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Amos C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. I'm sorry for the housekeeper knocking on your door and will follow-up with housekeeping to take corrective steps. I hope you enjoyed the Hall of Fame and hope you'll come back and see us again. Thank you for your review and your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Housekeeping staff were very helpful. The indoor pool area was a bit dangerous. We were slipping on the floor even when wearing shoes. Definitely order delivery from Pizza Oven, they deliver to your room! There are two elevators but the other one is way down at the end of the hall.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to our hotel and area. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and appreciate your business very much. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed our pool and amenities and even indulged in The Pizza Oven Restaurant, one of the mainstays of Canton. Thank you again for your kind comments and business. Please come see us again!
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

From the moment we walked into the hotel we felt comfortable. The front desk staff were great with check-in (10PM). They had everything ready for our Hall of Fame visit and gave us the tickets as well as written directions and our breakfast voucher. The morning staff at breakfast got us going in a timely manner even though the area was very busy. They even took the time to confirm that we had directions to the HOF and suggested another museum in case we had time.

The room was large and very clean and the housekeeper in the hall mad sure she said "good morning" while she was doing her work. The little things count and this Courtyard does them.

Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear irby1234,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel and thank you so much for acknowledging our associates and their helpfulness. It is always nice to share warm comments such as yours and we appreciate your business very much. I hope you enjoyed the Football HOF and hope you'll return to visit our area again. Thank you again for your nice comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff was courteous and helpful; the rooms clean and comfortable; the fitness center was well equipped and functional. I didn't try the restaurant but will on the next trip to Canton. My only "demerit" to the hotel was the elevator. There's only one and for a hotel this size a second elevator would be a great help.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Ed L,

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement of our staff. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize some of our amenities. Please do join us for a beverage and bite to eat on your next visit. I'll know you'll be please with our offerings.
And for your convenience, we do have two elevators, one at each end of the building, but don't feel bad, others have made the same comment. I'm sure you'll see it on your next visit. Thank you again for your comments and for your business. It is very much appreciated.
Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip last year and found the place quite comfortable. They were also quite flexible about extending our stay at a very short notice. Overall a good comfortable place to stay on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Conservewater,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us and your kind words. We appreciate your business and hope you'll stay with us again when your travels return you to Canton. I'm glad you were comfortable and that our flexibility was accommodating for you. Thank you again. We appreciate it very much.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a great experience as we had a wedding room block for our guests. We had over 50 rooms booked and everyone had a great time. The breakfast we hosted the following morning worked out great as many of our guests were able to attend.

The hotel lobby bar was a plus as it gave some guests something to do in between waiting for the shuttle for the reception following the ceremony.

I enjoyed how close the Marriott was to I-77 and how many guests flew in on Akron-Canton Airport. Close and convenient.

Finally the service I received was top notch, all my needs and questions were met to my expectations. I would recommend this as a place for a wedding block and/or venue space.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Andrew G,

Well, indeed, it is a wonderful experience to read your comments and your recommendation is very much appreciated. Thank you very kindly and a very sincere thank you for your business. It is always a joy to share comments such as yours with our staff. It truly reinforces what we do every day. Thank you again so much for sharing your experience.
Gloversville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is right off the interstate and near a number of retail locations and has a great selection of restaurants, both fast food and sit-down type restaurants within easy walking distance.

I was warmly greeted by the desk staff when I arrived after an eleven hour drive from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My room was on the highway side of the hotel, however was quiet and I wasn't disturbed by the noise form the highway. It was clean and spacious and well maintained. It was nice to have a real thermostat on the wall instead of just a control on the unit and both the heating and cooling functions worked very well.

The wifi connection in the room was strong and my computer and phoned connected to it with no problems.

I was in town to visit my daughter and her family, so I didn't spend much time at the hotel. I was pleased with convenience and cleanliness of the building and the grounds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
jeffhach, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Ron S,

How very nice of you to be so gracious with your comments about our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us and other TripAdvisor Members and for giving us such a warm review. Thank your for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again the next time you're visiting your daughter. Thank you again so much!

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!