“Good comfort” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Canton
Pune
“Good comfort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip last year and found the place quite comfortable. They were also quite flexible about extending our stay at a very short notice. Overall a good comfortable place to stay on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Conservewater,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us and your kind words. We appreciate your business and hope you'll stay with us again when your travels return you to Canton. I'm glad you were comfortable and that our flexibility was accommodating for you. Thank you again. We appreciate it very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a great experience as we had a wedding room block for our guests. We had over 50 rooms booked and everyone had a great time. The breakfast we hosted the following morning worked out great as many of our guests were able to attend.

The hotel lobby bar was a plus as it gave some guests something to do in between waiting for the shuttle for the reception following the ceremony.

I enjoyed how close the Marriott was to I-77 and how many guests flew in on Akron-Canton Airport. Close and convenient.

Finally the service I received was top notch, all my needs and questions were met to my expectations. I would recommend this as a place for a wedding block and/or venue space.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Andrew G,

Well, indeed, it is a wonderful experience to read your comments and your recommendation is very much appreciated. Thank you very kindly and a very sincere thank you for your business. It is always a joy to share comments such as yours with our staff. It truly reinforces what we do every day. Thank you again so much for sharing your experience.
Gloversville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is right off the interstate and near a number of retail locations and has a great selection of restaurants, both fast food and sit-down type restaurants within easy walking distance.

I was warmly greeted by the desk staff when I arrived after an eleven hour drive from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My room was on the highway side of the hotel, however was quiet and I wasn't disturbed by the noise form the highway. It was clean and spacious and well maintained. It was nice to have a real thermostat on the wall instead of just a control on the unit and both the heating and cooling functions worked very well.

The wifi connection in the room was strong and my computer and phoned connected to it with no problems.

I was in town to visit my daughter and her family, so I didn't spend much time at the hotel. I was pleased with convenience and cleanliness of the building and the grounds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
jeffhach, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Ron S,

How very nice of you to be so gracious with your comments about our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us and other TripAdvisor Members and for giving us such a warm review. Thank your for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again the next time you're visiting your daughter. Thank you again so much!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Our power went out at home and we needed somewhere to stay. The Courtyard came highly recommended and now we know why. The service was great from beginning to end. Thank you and we will recommend you in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Jbara80,

Well, I certainly know how inconvenient life is when your power goes out! All of the little things we take for granted are all of a sudden unavailable and it is difficult to function. We're so happy you chose our hotel and appreciate your recognition of our staff. I hope all is well, but if you're ever in need of accommodations again, we'll leave the light on for your! Thank you again!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

After an extensive day of driving in from Chicago we were so pleased to finally reach our destination. We had planned to visit the Football Hall of Fame and this hotel is a perfect location.Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed and found the room to be both clean and restful. The front desk was very accommodating in providing suggestions for nearby dining as well as to a nearby church for Sunday service.
Also, we must say it was one of the best Marriott breakfasts we have been provided with in recent times. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sazanneannie,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your warm comments. I hope you enjoyed the Pro Football HOF and the rest of our little community. You comments are very much appreciated and so is your business. Thank you and please come back again!
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

What an expected treat! I have to be honest I wasn't thrilled that the nicest hotel I could find for a wedding I was attending in Canton was a Courtyard, Marriott. I wanted a bit more upscale. Prior to going to Canton this week I stayed at a 5 star hotel in NYC and a lovely Hyatt in Boston and neither compared to this hotel.

There is a trade-off. I went with a friend and we didn't have the bell service and room service that I would have liked but everything else more than made up for it. Let's start the list:

Price - No comparison. Courtyard was $150 to $300 less per night than the others.

Room - MUCH bigger than NYC hotel and for both the functionality (e.g., two beds, lots of plugs and lights in room) was SO much better.

Amenities - I missed the bell and room service but they did have a lovely little bar and my friend and I enjoyed a lovely nightcap each evening with the bartender Sharon who was fabulous.

Service - Service by all 3 hotels were outstanding this week. I had a good week! However this is a hotel that is charging SO much less and we still received 5 star treatment. We had special requests to deliver items to the married couple's room and they did so with so much care and enthusiasm. We needed batteries at the last minute for something we purchased the married couple - they found some at no charge. Bartender (Sharon) was fabulous and every single person at front desk was GREAT - Desiree, Cleo, Steve, ....and I am missing a couple of other lovely ladies and I am sorry because all that were working on Thursday and Friday afternoon/evening rocked!

Great little find this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear dianegooslin,

First and foremost, thank you very much for your lovely comments and for taking the time to share your experience in our little community. It certainly is difficult to compete with NYC and Boston, but we're always pleased to extend our most sincere hospitality and always appreciate being recognized by our efforts. Thank you again so much! You're a great find too!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm with a group that has been coming to Canton for the last 14 rears and the first 13 were with another Hotel. This was the first year with the Courtyard and I must say the the experiance was great. we have a group of over 50 guys and also had a weather issue with the course we were to play on Friday had some damage and had closed for the weekend. To my suprise Megan had drove out to the course we were playing on Thursday to give us the bad news and had options of other courses that we could possibly play on Friday. Needless to say she was able to get us on a nice course and was at the hotel early enough on Friday morning to make sure everything was OK. The complete staff at the hotel was very pleasant and did not have one complaint from anybody in my group about anything. I had alot of compliments on how Megan handled everything. Look forward to making another trip next year and will be booking it soon.

Ron B.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Ron B.,

What a difference a year makes! Thank you for allowing us to host your golf group and thank you for your business. Megan has been a super addition to our team and it's wonderful to see that she was so attentive to your needs. Your acknowledgment of Megan and the rest of the staff is more meaningful than you can imagine and it is always a pleasure to share comments such as yours with our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your return next year! Oh, and keep it in the short stuff!

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!