“Great in some ways, not so in others” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Canton
“Great in some ways, not so in others”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed here overnight and hosted an evening event here. Delores with banquet staff was supportive and responsive to anything that came up resulting in a very successful event. I've stayed here 3 separate occasions now and this time had some issues.

Firstly, the rooms are very comfortable and quiet UNLESS you have inconsiderate fools staying around you who think they're in their own home hollering back and forth across the hallway, banging on doors etc etc until 2 AM and again starting at 5 AM. This is no fault of hotel staff, but a little more soundproofing could help.

Secondly, when we all checked in, we each asked our room charges to be broken out individually so we could each reap Marriott Rewards points. Though they took all our individual cards, they only charged room incidentals to them and left the rooms company-billed. This took some straightening out at check out.

Otherwise the stay was fine. The event came off great thanks to staff help. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get it at end of hallway off first floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Overall, I would rate this hotel to be among the best in Canton. The hotel staff works hard to be attentive which adds to the enjoyment of the stay. The hot breakfast is well worth the small added fee, and the restaurant staff is genuinely hospitable. The hotel can be a little difficult to find, due to a lack of large signs on the main roads. Guests still seem to find their way. The rooms on the I-77 side can have a little road noise. The rooms on the parking lot side are quieter. Overall, this is a very good hotel when visiting Canton.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I agree with most of the reviews you'll find on here. My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a quick 2 night visit. She was in a wedding ceremony so of course this was the best hotel for the area, as well as one with a group rate.

Everything was great as was expexected. The front desk was courteous, the bar provided some great entertainment with friends after the wedding reception, and the pool even stayed open an amazing 30 minutes later for us. The room was clean, comfortable, and without complaints.

My only recommendation to the staff at this hotel, and a notice to those staying here, is the breakfast is not your typical continental 'free of charge' arrangement. I don't expect anything free, but perhaps I'm use to most hotels and especially other Marriott's I stay at to provide at least a minimal few items in the morning. Again, not a big deal. The issue arouse when I looked over the breakfast buffet and after being impressed, started putting an item onto a plate. Only at this point did someone walk out and advise me that it was a $10 breakfast fee. Like I said, this wasn't the end of the world, but I sure would've liked knowing in advance that no continental breakfast, drinks, etc. was included in the hotel.

In summary, great hotel and some decent people as well. Just don't expect a free snack.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The minute my husband and I walked in the lobby we were greeted and welcomed. The hotel was impeccable and any of the staff we had the pleasure of dealing with during our stay were amazing. They were friendly, out going and ready to make our stay perfect. Our room was very large, clean and very comfortable. We stayed three nights and loved every minute. From checking in, to breakfast each morning, and checking out wonderful. We had a slight glitch with whether breakfast was included in our rate or not, I simply had to present the email confirmation I had to show it was and the person at the front desk went out of her way to correct the error and give us our breakfast vouchers. I am now trying to find a reason to go back to Ohio just so I have an excuse to stay here again. I did not use room service or the swimming pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We ended up calling the motel because we couldn't find it.
We were about to stick the key into the door when we heard voices in our room and knocked. We were given a room that was already occupied. Downstairs we went and got another key. The attendent gave us a voucher for a free breakfast for our trouble.
The room was nice. We had a king bed with a chair and the desk area.
Thank goodness we didn't have to pay for breakfast the next morning. There was alot of food, hot and cold items, but not worth the price that they wanted. I don't like being negative, sorry.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reading, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I was only in the hotel from 23.30 to 08.30 so not possible to review everything, but the room was clean and well equipped, the bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly and welcoming.
The hotel is excellently situated, only 5-10 mins from the Airport, right on the Interstate (see below), and convenient for the Pro-Football Hall of Fame.
Minor drawback - definite traffic noise on the Interstate side of hotel - not awful, but clearly there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

The staff here is fantastic. The front desk is polite, helpful and very knowledgeable. The cleaning staff is efficient, friendly and thorough
The morning breakfast is the best, must say hi to Dorothy and Lisa

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!