I've stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions and did not have a pleasant experience either time. First I must say that there have been some nice updates to the hotel which are pleasing to the eye. The decor and bathrooms look very nice. The bathtub has some sort of overlay to make it look new, but it feels rather weird under your feet when you shower. The bathrooms are also very small and very difficult to function in when trying to shower or use the restroom. The washcloths and towels were rough and very thin. Bath and Body Works toiletries were provided.
My problem was trying to sleep. I could not find a comfortable temperature. I was either too hot or too cold. The heater was one of those wall units under the window. It was loud and very disturbing when trying to sleep. I had this problem in two different rooms on two separate occasions. I tried turning it off completely, but then I became cold and also had a musky odor in the room without it running. I was up all night turning the heat up and then turning it down. They put me in a room next to road that runs behind the hotel. That was also a little noisy, but not terrible. The wireless internet service was a great bonus and I had no trouble with a slow connection or interruptions in service. It was pretty fast and user friendly.
The front desk provided a quick check-in and check-out. My room was ready when I arrived. They were very kind and helpful. Overall, the hotel was clean and pleasant. My room was clean and my bed linens appeared clean and fresh. There were several pillows on each bed and a refrigerator in my room for evening snacks.
The restaurant was very nice and the staff were very kind. I had breakfast at their buffet on both stays. It wasn't wonderful food, but I was able to find something I liked. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, sausage and biscuits, cereal, fruit, yogurt cups, and milk. That's all I can remember.
The hotel is in a nice location and near plenty of businesses and restaurants. I felt it was in a safe location as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Canton hotel (Belden Village) where Kids Eat and Stay Free. Our staff has a 'yes we can' attitude and is committed to ensuring that your stay will be a positive experience, we guarantee it! Located off I-77 at exit 109, the Holiday Inn Canton is in the heart of Canton's Westfield shopping district and only 5 minutes from the Akron Canton Airport (CAK), 5 minutes from downtown Canton, and 19 miles from downtown Akron. The Holiday Inn Canton is only minutes from the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Memorial Civic Center, Museum of History and Science, Walsh University, Stark State and Malone College, National First Ladies Museum, Ohio's Amish country and 27 Stark County golf courses. We are conveniently located to corporations of Diebold, Timken Corporation, and Timken Research. The Holiday Inn Canton Hotel is a preferred full service hotel that offers 194 guestrooms, restaurant, lounge, banquet, meeting facilities. Our hotel offers local extras for Priority Club Rewards members, shuttle service, room service, outdoor pool, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, in-room movies and games, fitness center, business center, and coffee makers. The staff at the Holiday Inn Canton Hotel welcomes you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Canton (Belden Village) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Canton (Belden Village) Hotel Canton
- Holiday Inn North Canton
- North Canton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Canton (Belden Village) Ohio