“first floor for pets” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mason, Ohio
“first floor for pets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites in the past. Stays have always been great. Not so much this time. My stay was one night in the middle of the week. At check-in I was given a room on the 1st floor. I immediately ask for a higher floor. Hotel was full. At entering the room I was killed by the smell. Later learning that the 1st floor was for guests with pets. Very disappointed that I was not told at check-in about the pets.

Room Tip: I have leaved that the 1st floors of La Quinta Inn and Suites are for guests with pets and the top f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to post your review, I value all of our guest and their comments. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to our standards. I always advise our front desk staff to place a guest in a room that is requested and our guest find comfortable. It looks as though they fell short of my request as well as yours. I would love to talk to you concerning your issues and assure your next request will be honored as I hope for your return to our hotel.
Sandy Bradley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Solon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

LaQuinta North Canton Ohio was an outstanding location for our bridal party and out of town guests. It provided a clean, convenient location at a budget friendly price. The hotel staff is a great asset to this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am please to here your experience at our hotel was great. I do have a wonderful staff and I am always thankful to hear compliments from our guest. Hope to see you back!
Malvern, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here on June 16, 2013 on our way to Cedar Point. My husband and son went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame while my daughter's and I used the swimming pool and drove to see Candy Apples Dance Center, both of which were very close to this hotel. I booked a suite and at check in was given a cheaper rate than I had booked (can't recall the man's name checking me in but he was very nice and helpful throughout our stay). The suite was HUGE and SPOTLESS! We had 2 bathrooms, which for a family of 5 trying to get ready in the morning was amazing! Beds were super comfy and the decor was modern. My daughter's and I were thrilled to run into numerous cast members from the franchise Dance Moms! We even had breakfast with some of them (nice choices for breakfast too). Also, we love to eat at Fazolli's since there aren't any near where we live and were pleased to find one near by!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We loved having the Dance Moms stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking time to send your review.
Bay City, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is located next to a nice neighborhood, I like to walk. There is also a public golf course approx 1/2 mile up the road. Thip is a pet friendly hotel, I was afraid of pet odors but everything was fresh and clean. I noticed a handicap lift next to the hot tub. The guy at the front desk was intelligent. He recommended a cool restaurant " winking lizard " great craft beer selection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your comments, I am glad we helped make you trip special. Hope to see you back and have a good golf season!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were on a trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. This hotel is an easy 10 minute drive to the HoF. As some previous reviewers have said, it is clean, reasonable hotel and lots of choice for breakfast which is included. You have to drive to a restaurant but there are many to choose from in the immediate area. It is a 5 minute drive to the shopping plaza as well. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to submit your review. We love to hear from our guest and we glad you enjoyed your trip to Canton. Hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights for business. The staff was super nice. The breakfast was great; nice to have other options than pastries and sugar loaded options. Will be staying there again. i highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I want to thank you taking time to give us your feedback. Giving us your recommendation is appreciated. I am happy you enjoyed our breakfast and I hope to see you back as our staff is always ready to provide you with great service and a clean comfortable room.
Curtice, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night at La Quinta as we were going to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame and have nothing bad to say about it only good! As soon as we walked in James at the Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was small but had everything we needed and we received a good price. The staff were all very friendly as we walked past them. The breakfast had a variety of items and was always being refilled. Wound definitely stay here again if in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in the service we provide to our guest and James is thrilled to hear your compliments. Hope you enjoyed the trip to the Hall of Fame. Please stop back if you are back in the area.
Sandy Bradley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!