“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5335 Broadmoor Circle Northwest, Canton, OH 44709   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Canton

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pewaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

So I started writing a review and had the entire thing--which I had spent almost 2 hours typing on my smartphone--freeze up an I lost it all...but now I am back at the laptop and going to attempt another try....it’s long winded but hopefully helpful for others who might be looking for reviews.

Background to this stay/review: We were travelling for the holidays from Wisconsin to Virginia at the request of my parents who determined they couldn't make it to us--we had not budgeted for this trip and were not thrilled to be out travelling. To make it a little better, my 8-year-old son and hubby wanted to stop by the NFL Hall of Fame (which was only a 4-hour detour--ugh )--unfortunately the day before we had gotten a really late start and ended up getting to Toledo in the middle of the night and needing to stop so we found a hotel that had 'good reviews' and spent the next few hours trying to sleep (NOT a LaQuinta) in one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in my whole life (that will be the next review I write)...I had barely 'napped' and hadn't taken a shower because it was filthy and scared me so by the time we arrived in Canton I was beyond cranky.

We selected this hotel based on reviews and booked the stay in the parking lot (b/c I had to check it out first) using my father's membership rewards points (a gift from my dad)....when we arrived I was greeted by Amanda, the front desk person and she found our reservation and almost gotten us checked in but just as we were finishing I asked if we could get a rollaway and she said that the room we had booked just wasn't big enough to accommodate one. I knew we needed to have one so that our son (and we) could get some much needed sleep so I asked for a change of room...unfortunately ,she said she couldn't change it because the booking we had done was only for that room type...she said that there was the possibility of a suite but that only her supervisor--who would be in at 3pm--could help us. So, I agreed to come back and she said that she would block one just in case and make sure to brief her supervisor so he would know what was happening ...a nice way to handle that.

I went and dropped the family off at the HOF and then came back to the hotel at 3:30. The supervisor--Andrew--was there and said that she had indeed briefed him and that he was able to upgrade us, but because of the rate type booked (which ended up being through orbitz and cost a ton of MR points but was for the lowest possible room type which shocked me) that he could get us in a larger handicapped accessible room but there would be an additional charge of $25....we were already stretched financially and I practically begged to have a room that was just big enough to have a rollaway for the kiddo to sleep in...he said again that the room rate we had was too low and he couldn't do that...to which I asked if the hotel was full (this was December 23rd) and shared that I had worked at a hotel and knew that he could usually be flexible if they weren't full...he then agreed to put us in a king accessible room with a sofabed. When I got up to the room I was delighted to see how huge it was and it was perfect for our needs. I was a tiny bit worried that the room was located directly behind the elevator--in fact the headboard was on the shared wall and I thought it would rattle/be noisy-- but it wasn't. (we never heard it the entire stay)

I got everything hauled in and 'set up' the room--pulled out the sofabed --which thankfully already had sheets on it--and by that time I had to go get the family. We all came back and had a brief rest and then the kiddo wanted to go swimming, so we went down...there was a lovely clean pool and a warm bubbly jacuzzi and towels provided....very nice way to unwind...then came back and showered and had some snacks (that were chilled in the fridge in the room), made dinner for my son using the microwave, and then left to get hubby and I some dinner.

Location of the hotel was great--close to just about every chain restaurant and the mall. We were wiped out and came back the hotel--hoped to get a hot chocolate and cookie that were complimentary out in the lobby--unfortunately there had been a lot of kids through who had wiped the supply out)-- but we continued up to watch Sunday night football on the huge wall mounted television and snuggled in our beds which were very comfortable and clean. Each time we went back and forth through the lobby, Andrew greeted us and others.

In the morning we awoke in time to have breakfast and went down to discover that same bunch of kids had wiped out the breakfast but Charlie--the breakfast concierge--was trying valiantly to put more out...he was very pleasant and explained that they he was trying to get it refreshed but it was running out faster than he could cook it. Breakfast had cereals, pastries, juices, yogurts, make-your-own belgian waffles, egg rounds (not sure exactly the makeup of those) and sausage patties. He was very friendly and chatted with us and others, as well as cleaned up the seating area. We checked out with the same front-desk Amanda and she asked us if Andrew had been able to help us and we thanked her for her efforts. Quick and easy and since our car was parked right outside, we were able to load and leave easily.

So, all in all a great experience in a very comfortable--and clean--hotel. We appreciate that they upgraded us to a bigger room so we could relax a little and get cleaned up before driving another 9 hours to our destination. Though we likely will not be going through Canton again any time soon we wanted to write up our experience so that others will be able to make the Canton La Quinta their hotel of choice if in the area. We certainly appreciated it.

Room Tip: Even the room directly behind elevator was quiet....ask for executive king--it's huge and has so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My company booked a room here for me while I was in Canton on business.

Check in was great, I believe Amanda checked us in, she was very welcoming and excellent to deal with.

I will start out with the negative aspects of the stay, then on to the positive.

I had called a couple days before, hoping to get a king bed, however we had a double bed room, 2 doubles, which would have been ok if we needed them, however we did not. Due to the size of the room, with the double beds, the layout is very crowded. I guess it would be better with only one person, however with two it was far to crowded to get around the room. The location of the wardrobe is weird, next to the desk, you cannot really open both doors and get into the wardrobe, the practicality of the layout should probably be thought out before just filling a room with furnishings.

The layout of the bathroom is practical, however due to the size, it is also not practical. The commode is mere inches from the tub, wedged in between the sink counter and the tub. While the sink and counter are very nice, the bathroom would be more practical if it was another 5 inches or so wider.

For some reason we did not get our maid service the first full day of our stay, after asking at the front desk about this, it was addressed the second day. However it was only partial, the soaps were not replenished, nor were the coffee cups. Little things like this do make a difference.

Finally, for some reason when you ride the elevators, there is a heavy diesel exhaust smell in the cars. I don't know if this is from the outside makeup air picking up diesel or what, but it is not a good thing.

Now on to the really good.

The guest staff, they are very nice and customer service oriented. It is nice to be greated by a friendly staff member every time you go through the lobby. The breakfast is a decent spread, quite a few choices, and being welcomed in the early morning by the host is a great touch.

The hotel is nicely located, in a peaceful setting, not much outside noise to bother you.

The pool looked nice, but I did not have time to use it. The vending machines are placed in good locations. The business center was great, it made it easy to log into my airline account to print out boarding passes for the flight home.

The hotel is well kept, nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable. The linens are great, the pillows are nice also. The mini fridge is a good touch, as is the mini microwave. The television is anything but mini, my only complaint was that they have hbo, not showtime.

Would I stay here again, most definately would.

I would like to commend the management on a very good staff, and a nice place to stay.

Probably the only major uncomfortable part of the trip was that it was rather cold outside, maybe some complimentery car de-icing would be a good touch. (just kidding, or am I?)

Room Tip: top floor of the hotel and no one can walk above you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for a night after reading all the great reviews. I however cannot say that is a place I would recommend or stay at again. The pillows were terrible....like someone stuffed cotton balls in a sack. The shower didnt drain which left us basically standing in inches of water while trying to get clean. So gross! Finally, we felt like we were inconveniencing the front desk by asking for change for the vending machine. I'm sure there are better places out there for the same price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I needed a place to stay in the Canton area for several weeks. After an extensive review of hotels in the area and even trying a few out, I found La Quinta to be a great place to stay! The hotel staff members were consistently friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and modern and quiet. They offer a quality breakfast. Do consider this hotel if coming to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!