“Great Surprise Upgrade!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Canton
Pennsylvania
“Great Surprise Upgrade!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family of four arrived for our one night stay at the Residence Inn while in the area to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Kent State University (husband's alma mater), etc. We were very pleased to receive a surprise upgrade to a two bedroom suite. We are platinum members and really appreciated the upgrade! Our girls (ages 11, 8) were thrilled to have their own big room, plus bathroom. All was clean, well stocked and modern. The front desk staff were friendly at check-in and in the morning. The pool was enjoyed by our girls! The breakfast in the AM was also good and had many good options. We had a great stay at the Residence Inn and would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The front desk and food service staff were friendly and accommodating, the room and amenities were adequate. The location was good and easy to access, and there was ample parking. But, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, you'll won't like the fact that the smoking area is very near the front entrance. Our review is due to a bad experience during our visit and we learned very quickly that the management team is underwhelming! The GM is all about hearing herself tell you how wonderful and effective she is, but that's all it is - lip service. My husband and I travel often and have chosen the Marriott Hotel Group because, until this visit, the commitment to exceptional service is something we can count on. Wish we had a better review, but we don't.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a corner room. Ours looked out at a wall.
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Canton, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear PNW504,
Thank you for your review, and for being a loyal Marriott guest. I'm terribly sorry to hear you had a negative experience at my hotel. I would truly like to discuss your stay further so that we might come to a resolution. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer D.
330-493-0004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Everything was really clean and all of the staff were very nice. The room was very nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The only bad thing was the bathtub is very small and you could here people walking above us. The breakfast was very good, eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, waffles and many more items, they even had real plates and silverware. Very nice hotel, just a little pricey I thought.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

When we checked in the staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was well appointed a separate bedroom from the living area and kitchen. Hotel is a couple miles away from Football Hall of Fame and easy access rom highway. We arrived on a Thursday, and it was free pizza and salad night, so we didn't bother going out for dinner. Highly recommend this hotel since they also have a small indoor pool, hot tub and 1/2 court basketball.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This property is actually located in North Canton and should be judged against those other properties listed in North Canton. Plenty of parking. Yes the staff was exceptionally friendly. Room was clean. Internet worked well. Bed comfortable and room well laid out. Indoor pool. Outdoor basketball court and sitting area with grill.
HVAC worked well. Only complaint was I thought the food galley by the front desk was way overpriced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Canton, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Panther61,
Thank you for your kind review of the Residence Inn Canton. I'm so happy to hear that my staff was exceptionally friendly and you enjoyed all of our amenities. I am sorry if you felt our snacks were overpriced, but we appreciate the feedback. We love having you here and look forward to your next visit.

Jennifer D.
WNY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I liked this hotel..While we are Marriott rewards members this was first Residence Inn we have stayed at. All areas of the hotel were clean and organized. I liked the outside area which had a fire pit and gas grills for use if needed. My son really enjoyed the pool and mentioned the temperature was comfortable. If I return to the area I would stay again as this hotel had everything we needed and was close to stores and attractions

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this hotel via the Marriott website knowing we wanted to stop in Canton during our vacation touring Ohio. This hotel is one exit from the Football Hall of Fame and three exits from the First Ladies National Historic Site and McKinley's Tomb.
First, this was one of the most friendly staff we had on our trip (11 day tour of OH). They were welcoming, friendly and genuinely kind to help us out. This was the last day of our trip so to see a smiling-friendly face really goes a long way. We were tired, probably looked exhausted and had never been at a Residence Inn before (although I am Marriott Gold) and they were very welcoming upon check-in.
Second, our room was really great. Total shocker when we opened the door and I was thinking, "I could live here" It was very clean, modern looking, comfortable setting, great beds, ac that worked very well, wi-fi and cable tv that had more than ESPN and CNN.
The front desk woman who checked us in was very friendly helping me find a bookstore nearby (Books-A-Million) and a great dinner suggestion of Mulligan's. A local steakhouse/pub type restaurant that didn't break the bank and wasn't processed foods.
On top of a great stay the manager of the hotel sent me an email a few days after leaving seeking her interest in how our stay was. Very nice-personal, yet professional touch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hyatt Place Canton
Courtyard Canton
#3 of 7 in North Canton
4.5 of 5 stars 185 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton

Been to Residence Inn Canton? Share your experiences!