“Unlevel floors, smelly carpet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Canton

You added Knights Inn Canton to your Saves list
Knights Inn Canton
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3950 Convenience Cir. NW, Canton, OH 44718 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Austin, Texas
“Unlevel floors, smelly carpet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

This isn't the worst place I stayed, but you get what you pay for. The floor was uneven and the carpet needs to be replaced. The bathtub faucet was jammed into the shower position. The caulking in the bathroom was extra-wide leading me to believe new caulk may have been put over old (possibly moldy) caulk.

This place was popular with construction crews and their trucks so the parking lot was difficult to navigate.

Breakfast was standard mediocre fare--bagels, mini-muffins, and cereal.

• Liked — Close to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Stayed September 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pleasant Ridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

My comments are in relation to my families recent stay at the Knights Inn in Canton OH, located at 3950 Convenience Dr NW. We were traveling to the Canton area for a family reunion and were told to stay in the North Canton area for our first night. Being a Wyndham Rewards member - I thought I would book via their website. There were two options in the area from the Wyndhams hotel family, the Knights Inn and the Days Inn. Since the Days Inn had so many bad reviews on various travel websites, we decided to stay at the Knights Inn. This was a mistake. I can not tell you how horrible I feel after my parents made the comment at our reunion in front of my relatives that what a horrible experience they had at the Knights Inn and why did I put them in such a place. While we are all on a limited budget, the Knights Inn is not the cheapest hotel in the area so I thought we would be ok, since I have had nice experiences before at Knights Inn. This hotel, however, was not the case. My parents room was filthy. There was left over pretzels & popcorn throughout the room. Their room (2-beds) smelled musty & there were cobwebs throughout the room. If it was not so late in the night, my parents would have preferred to go someplace else, however, being in their late 70's, they just wanted to sleep and move on. While my room (king) was not as dirty - the room had an awful musty smell, the carpeting was dirty and their was a dirty cleaning rag left in the tub.

When these issues were brought up to the front desk in the morning on 6-21, the individual basically said sorry. No offer to discount the room, no offer to remediate the poor condition of the room, and my father had to suggest to the front desk personal that they take a note to let house keeping know that they need to due better on cleaning the rooms.

This overall was a very poorly maintained Knights Inn, poor customer relation skills and attitude. I have notified Wyndham's corporate office of these concerns.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness - Smell - continental breakfast - cold bagels and juice
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
itsjustus951
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

This hotel lived up to the old adage, you get what you pay for! The carpet was dirty, the room smelled, and worst of all, my wife came away with flea bites. We told the front desk the next morning and the person working just kind of blew us off. So, we knew that we had better call the manager and let him know. When my wife called, he promised to look into it and even credit our card back for the nights stay. Good enough! Well it's been one week and we havent heard anything from the manager nor have we seen a chargeback. I just called and he's NOW going to look into it and get back with us. Trust me, spend a few extra dollars and make your night on the road a little more enjoyable!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — flea bites
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

I satyed here as it was affordable, The staf f dint help me or apologize or change my room when a security issue was told. My adjoing door to anotehr room was trying to be opened by a loud obnoxious neighbor while i was asleep there was no chain or deadbolt on that door adjoining room. The jaucuuzi vent hole shad brown debris in side, the air vents in the room had "moldy" smell which triggerd off a wicked sinus headache, the toile t was dirty, cups not refilled upon entry, floor not vacuumed, sheets were torn an the bedspread smelled bad.I asked for a haridryer as they said one could be available i waited until the next morning to get one. They did not put my stay on the awards membership for points.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2003

Run down motel.Long wait to check in.Rude staff.I recommend staying elsewhere.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2003

Worst motel I've ever stayed at. Sheets pillows blankets smelled bad. Many of the room light bulbs needed to be replaced. Sink stopper broke. Faucet difficult to turn on. Hotel managment completely unresponsive to complaints, would not return calls. Did not answer written corespondance. Super 8 corporate declined to get involved. I WILL not stay at a Super 8 again, especailly not this Canton location.

Been to Knights Inn Canton? Share your experiences!