“Smoky and dingy room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Canton

Bookmark
You added Knights Inn Canton to your Saves list
Knights Inn Canton
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3950 Convenience Cir. NW, Canton, OH 44718 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Canton
Canton
“Smoky and dingy room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bed was uncomfortable, the room felt dirty and dingy. I am apparently the only person that has stayed there without smoking ten packs of cigarettes in the room. I had to go buy Febreeze and spray all of my belongings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
BENWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was clean, safe, comfortable, and convienient to the antique show. What more could we ask ?The staff were very helpful. This place isn't posh but then the price isn't post either. good value. The owner mans the desk quite often and you got the impression that he really cares about the place and that an investment means you keep the place clean and the customers happy and coming back. We will go back!

Room Tip: bottom floors are always best especially if you have a handicapped person with you
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pennsylvana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

By far the most disgusting place I have ever in my life stayed. Should be shut down!

We (Husband and teenage daughter and I) stayed here (much to my dismay) for two nights in September, 2012 due to a death in our family. To say this place was horrible is giving credit where it is NOT due. It is obvious a "worker" hotel, who caters to weekly or monthly workers, not one of which spoke English. When we arrived, the staff was fine; however, the room, if you call it that was pathetic.

I immediately, before even taking things in, checked for bugs, which I found no evidence of but it was filthy. We went to Wal-Mart and bought water shoes to take a shower in and slippers as there was mud all over the floor. The floor, the carpet was about 1,000 years old and the floor itself was crooked. Felt like we were going to fall through it.

My daughter went to the car (as I watched out the window) and was petrified. The "workers" were yelling and whistling at her until my husband went outside. Someone tried to get into our room in the middle of the night ...

Please, do yourself a favor and don't stay here. I would rather have slept in the car.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Deer Creek, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The property is in a good location as it is near shopping, plenty of options for food, and only two miles to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and other tourist attractions. We are not regulars at Knights Inn, but on the occasions we have stayed at one, they were fine based upon what we paid. In this case, our past history with this chain and the advantages mentioned above do not compensate for the poor physical state of the building and general level of cleanliness. Some investment in paint, a few extra minutes with a vacuum, and replacing damaged exterior siding with be most valuable. Bottom line, my wife was not happy!

Room Tip: Plenty of other hotels in the area, but we decided to attend a college swim meet at the last minute...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a house in the area and knew that would take a while, so I decided to get a room for a week. I wanted a decent hotel, so I didn't go with the 120 weekly rate hotels and decided to go with Knights Inn, whom is part of the Windham chain. Wow. The other reviewers are right about the smelly rooms. Also, the sink was difficult to start, the bathroom had some kind of mat on the bottom hiding who knows what, and the refrigerator was stained. But the real kicker is waking up at 2am to find bed bugs in my bed. Went to the front desk with some bugs I had smashed, and the night clerk kept trying to tell me it wasn't bed bugs because it had wings. I kept telling her, no, it clearly does not have wings. Little did she know I am a front office manager myself and had gone to a 3 day conference on bed bugs not even a year ago. After some hesitance she did move us to another building. This room was MUCH worse than even the other one. The headboard was broken and leaning to one side. The wallpaper was seriously peeling away in one corner, and at one point I saw a bug crawl out from underneath of it. There was something sticky in the microwave; it obviously hadn't been wiped out. The toilet in the bottom was stained; it looked horrible because it's dark brown- looks like something stuck to it if you know what I mean. The shower hadn't been wiped out at all; there was hair and debris EVERYWHERE. Also, it appears that every room the faucets in the bathroom and for the sink leak horribly and their solution is to make it tough to move the faucets. Once we turned them on once after fighting them they ran constantly. Not even just dripping but a constant waste of water.
I had asked on my 3rd day if I left early if I could get my money back, and the clerk said no, that it was already charged. When I talked to the manager on the phone (he was not on property everytime I asked, I ended up agreeing to talk to him on the phone) he said he would give me a free night for the bugs. That's nice. It won't even cover the cost of the laundry I had to do; I had brought a weeks worth of clothes in to the first room and I had to take all of those to a laundrymat to make sure the dryers got hot enough to kill any bugs hitching a ride.
I have stayed all over the country; I manage a hotel myself. This was a disgusting stay through and through.

Room Tip: Room 109 was the room with the bed bugs. They moved me to 412 which despite being even more run dow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice price, nice location near a mall/plaza shopping area. The night attendant was very helpful in directing us to some Frank Loyd Wright homes nearby and was very knowledgable about the area. Not fancy, but clean and convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I asked for more pillows than were on the bed for my pregnant best friend. I was told there are no extra pillows besides what the room provided. How can each bed only have two pillows per bed?! And they are flat as all get out to begin with.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Knights Inn Canton? Share your experiences!