“BED BUGS. WISH I HAD SEEN THE OTHER REVIEW.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Canton

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Canton to your Saves list
Knights Inn Canton
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3950 Convenience Cir. NW, Canton, OH 44718 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Canton
Canton, Ohio
“BED BUGS. WISH I HAD SEEN THE OTHER REVIEW.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a house in the area and knew that would take a while, so I decided to get a room for a week. I wanted a decent hotel, so I didn't go with the 120 weekly rate hotels and decided to go with Knights Inn, whom is part of the Windham chain. Wow. The other reviewers are right about the smelly rooms. Also, the sink was difficult to start, the bathroom had some kind of mat on the bottom hiding who knows what, and the refrigerator was stained. But the real kicker is waking up at 2am to find bed bugs in my bed. Went to the front desk with some bugs I had smashed, and the night clerk kept trying to tell me it wasn't bed bugs because it had wings. I kept telling her, no, it clearly does not have wings. Little did she know I am a front office manager myself and had gone to a 3 day conference on bed bugs not even a year ago. After some hesitance she did move us to another building. This room was MUCH worse than even the other one. The headboard was broken and leaning to one side. The wallpaper was seriously peeling away in one corner, and at one point I saw a bug crawl out from underneath of it. There was something sticky in the microwave; it obviously hadn't been wiped out. The toilet in the bottom was stained; it looked horrible because it's dark brown- looks like something stuck to it if you know what I mean. The shower hadn't been wiped out at all; there was hair and debris EVERYWHERE. Also, it appears that every room the faucets in the bathroom and for the sink leak horribly and their solution is to make it tough to move the faucets. Once we turned them on once after fighting them they ran constantly. Not even just dripping but a constant waste of water.
I had asked on my 3rd day if I left early if I could get my money back, and the clerk said no, that it was already charged. When I talked to the manager on the phone (he was not on property everytime I asked, I ended up agreeing to talk to him on the phone) he said he would give me a free night for the bugs. That's nice. It won't even cover the cost of the laundry I had to do; I had brought a weeks worth of clothes in to the first room and I had to take all of those to a laundrymat to make sure the dryers got hot enough to kill any bugs hitching a ride.
I have stayed all over the country; I manage a hotel myself. This was a disgusting stay through and through.

Room Tip: Room 109 was the room with the bed bugs. They moved me to 412 which despite being even more run dow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice price, nice location near a mall/plaza shopping area. The night attendant was very helpful in directing us to some Frank Loyd Wright homes nearby and was very knowledgable about the area. Not fancy, but clean and convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I asked for more pillows than were on the bed for my pregnant best friend. I was told there are no extra pillows besides what the room provided. How can each bed only have two pillows per bed?! And they are flat as all get out to begin with.

• Stayed June 2012
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband & I booked 2 nights, expecting to stop along our way up to spend a night somewhere, but drove straight thru to arrive at 1am, well ahead of our expected arrival. We had a handicap room, which we could go ahead and check into. It could have been cleaner (we had 2 dogs, so I always "dog proof" the room). Towels leave MUCH to be desired, my kennel towels are 1000% better, but, we didn't expect the Holiday Inn. Good, clean walking areas for our dogs, several trash bins around to hotel for disposing of the results of our dog walks, and it was quiet. Good location, near a Waffle House and a Denny's, very near a huge mall. I'll stay here again next year if it's the same.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Had to move to another room becouse toilet stopped up..... the house keeping lady told me to be sure not to be moved in about 5 rooms that had bedbugs, later that day we saw mattresses being moved, and some being cut up and hidden by the dumpster we had to wash our comforters and shower curtain becouse they stunk very bad.... lots of cobwebs, dust and dirt.... oh yeah found a broken crack pipe between the mattresess....
STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here for three nights while hiking in the area northeast of Canton. The door to the room needed to be replaced, I was concerned it could be broken into very easily. The bed was a bit bowed, but it was comfortable. The pillows great. The bath needed renovation but was clean (leaky showerhead - closed the door, no noise). The chairs a bit wobbly, the desk OK, the TV a bit old. Another average stay at a Knight's Inn. I don't stay here expecting much and I am rarely moved deeply either way by a stay. The only cleanliness issue was a single bottle cap on the floor from a prior guest that stayed on the floor my entire stay and that one of my trash cans wasn't emptied the second morning, so I overloaded it and had to leave a pile of trash around the can on the final morning.

I liked the breakfast of cereal, milk, juice, and coffee, (since most KI's don't give you anything), but the donuts were clearly day old Hostess. Despite being wedged between a freeway and an exit road, it was not real noisy. I would have liked being in a more active area, I felt a little uneasy walking down to the corner to see if there was a convience store closeby (there was one a few blocks away on the other side of a freeway overpass). I drove instead. The Denny's on the other side of the freeway had 20% off for seniors, and I found many other places to eat nearby (but still driving). The other guests wer bargain people, but not scary. I'd stay here again, but there is a place in Akron I prefer, so I probably won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a solid door given that many reviews have mentioned weak doors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

my family and i stayed there, we got up the next morning decided to go to walmart to pick up extra personal items that we needed because the stay was unexpected so we had no personal items, we were not checking out we left the room about 8 45am. My husband left his cell phone, wallet and a few more items in the room. We checked out at
walmart around 9 30am and returned to room. We returned to our room and my husband wallet was gone. So he went to front office to speak with someone the man working the front desk was very rude, and told him he would send the manager down. We waited seems like forever, the manager comes around the corner just cussing and going on, my husband said someone has taken my wallet out of my room. He did not care, so i said im calling the police., the manager says good call the police i will do my own report. Once the police arrived the manager had fled the premises, he was no where to be found. We received no help from the hotel staff and not an apology or anything to try to help. so unfortunate to say i think this was an inside job, The manager was very unprofessional and unmoved of our situation. The police were very nice and they did everything possible to get that manager to come back and talk to us face to face, but that goes to show that some hotels dont care about their patrons. i woud not recommend anyone to stay there or at least, please dont make the same mistake my husband did, not everyone is trustworthy. Very bad experience. stay away

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Canton? Share your experiences!