“Wonderful staff; some architectural design flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Canton
Dayton, Ohio
“Wonderful staff; some architectural design flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

All of the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, and willing and able to respond immediately to special requests. We did have a couple issues with what we would consider basic architectural design flaws that made our stay less than perfect. 1. The side entrance, very close and convenient to our room on this visit, does not have any kind of overhang or roof, so I proceeded to get wet while swiping my electronic access card during a rain storm. 2. Insulation in the walls and floor leave something to be desired. And the floor above us creaked when guests in the room above us walked around. Noise infiltration into the room was less than desirable. 3. Our room, with two double beds, only had one chair (at the desk), which minimized comfort for one of us while trying to relax and watch TV or read, etc. A second (lounge) chair would have been nice but the room was clearly too small to accommodate it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is so close to many attractions and places to visit in Canton.

I felt very cared for by the staff. The person who checked us in and out were so pleasant and friendly! When I got into my room there was a little note that said "Enjoy!" from Tara. Little touches like that mean so much!

The front desk manager who was there on Sunday helped out in the breakfast area which I thought was so great. We chatted about Marriott for a while and he very friendly and personable. Our check-out experience was fantastic too - I wish I could remember everyone's names. From check-in, to staff we passed in the hallway, to breakfast staff, to check-out, everyone we encountered was very friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wallkill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Front desk people were nice and very informative and helpful. Room was average however the bed was not comfortable to our liking, it was too soft. We visited the pool, it is very clean, a bit cool for our liking so we opted for the hot tub, then my boyfriend jumped in the pool, to his surprise he said it was "salt water" which was not a bad thing. They had plenty of towels in the pool area. The breakfast was tasty . For a last minute choice we would recommend this hotel, we are just used to Hampton Inns etc

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Wendydee1,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton. I'm very glad to hear that my front desk staff was helpful and friendly. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I'm sorry that we did not do that while you were here. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Earl B.
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here because we were going to the Hall of Fame the next morning. Good pillows & beds. Cold frig, ok breakfast, nice pool & hot tub, and plenty of towels. There was some highway noise but not enough to keep us awake. Didn't know about the $12 tax for Hall of Fame until we checked out. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear KChusker,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool and hot tub. We pride ourselves in delivering five star service and I'm very sorry that we came up short during your stay. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Canton.

Earl B.
WNY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel staff made you feel welcome from the start, My son really likes to swim so I thought the pool hours starting at 6AM was a nice touch for early risers, Also I like how the breakfast started at the same time for the same reasons. I thought the selection was fine.

The hotel is pretty close to everything so the location is good. On the bad side which is not much- we found really long hair in the shower (Not from out family), The pool to me was freezing and the whirlpool was down for the duration.

The exercise room was nice and I really liked how the room was a bit larger then many other hotels I have been at in the past.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were here for Valentine's Day weekend.
the staff is top notch & Personal.
the rate for a king suite. was more than fare. Spotless rooms
classy decor & firm mattress
breakfast. was plentiful & a fireplace. in lobby with fruit water
I loved the whirlpool .. Also clean & maintained
front desk knew all of the events nearby ..
do not look further .. stay here

• Stayed February 2014
Alexandria, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very good experience. You will find customer service alive and well here! Rooms were fine, we were given an upgrade before we checked in! Customer service here is excellent. Girl who checked us in, (I didn't get a name on July 3rd), very friendly. Third floor housekeeper saw us heading to the elevator and pressed the button so we would have to wait! It seems they all care about their guests. Breakfast was very good, selection changed slightly each day which is fine. Hotel is clean. Hall of Fame is south about 5 minutes.
Area around the hotel is quiet, the area is about four or five hotels and two churches. Front desk clerk sent us to Eadies for seafood. Hint,Go! get the onion rings! get the sauce! don't ask questions! I highly recommend this hotel! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had a room facing I77 on the third floor. Slept with windows open! Not enough noise to notice. Y...