“Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Canton
Columbus, OH
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

After originally booking a neighboring hotel that gave away our room, we found ourselves in Canton the weekend of an event with limited hotel availability. Fairfield Inn & Suites was out third try, and should have been our first.

The check-in staff were welcoming and helpful. Our room on the third floor was mostly quiet, save for the rare heavy-footed runs down the hallway. The freeway was audible, but the in-room fan adequately blocked the noise. The room was clean and our king-sized bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was standard and included both hot and cold items. As someone with Celiac Disease, the staff helped me determine which food items I could safely eat by reviewing the nutrition labels together. I was ecstatic to see Rice Chex available, but had the added bonus of gluten free hot breakfast options as well - a rarity in my travels.

Upon checkout, a member of the staff helped us sign up for the Marriott Rewards program, which allowed for retroactive point additions for our recent stays in the neighboring Residence Inn, which we also highly recommend. An altogether class act.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We recently spent a week at this hotel in preparation for my daughters wedding. Moreso, we chose it as the preferred hotel for family and friends attending the wedding from various states; a choice that turned out to be one of our best wedding decisions. While I could tell you about the spotless room with ultra comfortable bedding and plentiful towels, the free breakfast that boasted a variety of hot and cold selections that were fresh (and many available all day), the business center, exercise room, or relaxing pool/hot tub...what makes this hotel shine above any hotel stay in memory is one thing - ATTITUDE. Led by example in general manager Jack Butler, the entire staff is sincere, attentive, prompt, and ultra helpful. I personally witnessed Jack head for home after a long day, only to encounter an elderly couple arriving in the parking lot. Instead of getting into his car as planned, he carried in their bags - all the way to their room. Jack snaked a drain in his suit & tie, left us bottled water and notes, brought in a fridge, adjusted water temps in the hot tub for our comfort. He was tireless. When my daughter dropped a box of belongings, he was around the desk helping her before I could blink. Scott and Crystal, at the front desk, followed with this same friendliness and work ethic. The lady who maintained breakfast and our room attendant were both thorough and instilled confidence. I never once worried about the security of our belongings. I just can't say enough. As hotels go, nothing in Canton compares to the dedication of this team. There is one section of the third floor that backs up to the highway and truck noise at night is heard there (odd number rooms 319-323). If that is a concern just ask to be on the other end of the hall (even number rooms around 300 & up). I slept fine in 323, but I spent time on the other end of the third floor as well and it is quieter. Bravo!

Room Tip: in Canton compares to the dedication of this team. There is one section of the third floor that bac...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CantonFFHI_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Marcy,

Thanks so much for the nice feedback about our hotel and staff. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate your encouraging words. It was a pleasure serving you and your family. I really enjoyed speaking with you throughout your stay. Thank you for choosing us for your special occasion. Please come back to visit us again soon :)

Jack Butler
Lantana, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I was using some points to stay at this facility while visiting a local attraction. I was immeadiately pleased with the way I was welcomed at the front desk and the personal note in my room From the hospitality manager.
The room was immaculate. While printing my boarding pass the next day. I overheard the daily quality discussion the staff has. They spent time reviewing comments and noting what twas done well And what could be improved upon.
I really like that ongoing focus on customer service.

• Stayed March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton for about 3 months while on business travel and couldn't have made a better choice for a place to stay. The staff was extremely helpful and always understanding of sudden changes and items that needed to be tended to. Additionally, the staff even helped my fellow patrons and I dig our cars out of the snow. I was always met with a smile and good conversation and was never dissatisfied with the room I was staying in. If I'm ever in Canton again this Fairfield Inn would be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alpha Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived after 8pm and Miranda took excellent care of us and we were in our very nice room in just a few minutes. In our room there was a personal note welcoming us. Everything was clean and attractive and we had a good quiet night's sleep. The next morning we were cordially greeted by every employee we encountered. Very nice indeed.

Breakfast was not up to the standard we had been enjoying: powdered eggs, no sweet rolls, pretty much what you get most places but we had expected better from the hotels descrption on its web site and because everything else was so well done.

Room Tip: The double queen room had 6 pillows per bed, a nice desk, fridge and good wifi
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My business associate and I arrived very late due to weather related issues with our flight, and when we arrived the front desk clerk was very warm and friendly with us. She got us situated right away with our rooms and told us about the breakfast options in the morning. When we got up a couple of hours later to leave for our business meeting, she joked around with us and made us feel like we were in good company.

The room itself was decent. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
McMurray, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Having sold our Canton home and moving most belongings into storage, we needed a place to stay for 2 nights as we visited local family before departing for our temporary residence in PA. The weather was terrible, and it had been a very trying day! The wonderful welcoming service of the entire staff and the comfort of our room was PERFECT!!! We will definitely plan to stay at the Fairfield during future visits to Canton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!