“Breathtaking grounds...beautiful interiors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor

Save Saved
You added The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor to your Saves list
The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4191 Glenmoor Road N.W., Canton, OH 44718 (Formerly Glenmoor Country Club)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Canton
Syracuse, New York
“Breathtaking grounds...beautiful interiors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As others have stated, the approach to the Glenmoor is breathtaking! The grounds are meticulously kept and are surrounded by an equally impressive golf course. Inside, we were greeted by a door man, then the front desk employee. Both were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was quite large -- we requested two queen beds. Yes, the appointments are a little dated, and the window coverings seem to be from the era of when this was a seminary or all boys school. Nonetheless, it was quite comfortable and had plenty of seating along with a nice flat screen tv (much to the liking of my husband and son). The bathroom was large and very clean with wonderful amenities. Very up to date with the details. We did not eat our meals there -- had reservations elsewhere -- but the menu looked delicious. Several dining areas -- all well appointed. A beautiful bar, as well. Upon returning from dinner, we asked the bartender for recommended desserts. We went with two choices and brought them to our room. Not disappointed at all. Overall, I would definitely stay there again! (My husband stayed there nine years ago with our eldest son, during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend. All the inductees and "big names" stayed ere, as well. Made such a huge impression, that he wanted to stay again for this trip. Glad we did!)

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are large and appointed the same. Just ask to be sure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at Glenmoor and stayed at the Bertram Inn. All I can say is WOW! From the moment I pulled in the gate I was blown away. This is a beautiful and unique property. If you are planning a wedding I suggest you have it at Glenmoor. The wedding was in the Chapel and was absolutely breathtaking. The food was the best I’ve ever had at a wedding.  The guest rooms are charming and clean! They are bigger than the average hotel room which is great. The rooms have beautiful views as well. When you look out you see the trees and the golf course. You don’t see highways or shopping malls like other hotels I passed on the way in. They have everything you could possibly imagine and the service the staff provides is nothing but spectacular! I don’t golf but after seeing the golf course I may have to give it a try. The best part is they have a spa! I wish I had more time there so I could have taken advantage of services. This would be a great place to stay in the summer when everything is in full swing. I am defiantly coming back this summer for a weekend getaway. If you ever find yourself in Canton, OH you have to stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We were recently at the Glenmoor for an event and stayed 2 nights. From the moment we walked in the door we were not made to feel welcome. The staff was rude and not welcoming and they pointed down to a cart and said we could bring our own bags in. The room we had reserved was not available so we were expected to downgrade. Our room was clean, however very dated, the curtians were hang off the rod, tattered chairs and you could not lean on the table at one end or the other side would fly up. The spa massage was good but where the rooms are located it was very hard to enjoy the massage because I could hear everyone walking into the salon and entire conversation that we're going on in the next room, along with many doors slamming during what was to be a relaxing massage. The room service was quite a treat as well, breakfast was horrible undercooked bacon on one plate and rock hard bacon you could break your teeth on another plate. And a large pot of coffee with no coffee cups. I've stayed in many hotels and B& B but would never recommend this place to stay or hold an event!

• Stayed December 2012
Bath, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This old monastery is on a lovely golf course surrounded by large impressive homes. The building itself is charming, however the hotel rooms are in dire need of renovating. Though they are clean and large enough, the lighting is poor, outlets are hard to access, the sound attenuation is completely lacking and they smell musty and unpleasant . We had three rooms for our family and all had the same issues. I could here the lady in the room next to us breathing and felt like they were conversing in our room. The hallways were also dark and musty. A lovely spa and fitness center is attached to the hotel which we were able to use for a fee. Lunch in the bar was satisfactory, however the quantity was better than the quality. A room service tray remained in the hallway for over 24 hours outside my son's room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I recently visited the Glenmoor Country Club for the Glenmoor Gathering, a car show of high quality. Over 300 outstanding cars graced the golf course and grounds of Glenmoor. Large crowds enjoyed the ambiance of the day. While photographing the outstanding cars and sights I lost a replaced memory card (the size of a postage stamp). Realizing it was missing only when returning home, I called the next day and to my amazement, a good Samaritan turned in the card to lost and found. With help from Erica on the front desk, the card was mailed to me in a timely fashion. So, many thanks to the wonderful person who took the time to turn in the card and the helpful staff at Glenmoor for making for an outstanding visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Olivia L, Manager at The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear burrdjd,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful experience! I hope you visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to Canton, OH.

Olivia Lescallett
Guest Services Director
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place used to be an old Seminary which is now being used as an inn located on the grounds of a golf and country club. The rates were very reasonable (comparable to a standard hotel). It is quite large but very quaint and they are still using room keys!! Our room was very large, but not fancy or extravagant--just the basics....but very clean. Our room happenned to be situated over the kitchen exhaust so we could smell food one morning from our room. The grounds were extensive with tennis courts and a great pool area. We did not use the tennis courts as it was 104 degress the weekend we were there! You could order snacks and lunch, etc poolside as well. The food was AMAZING--huge portions, too!! Wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else....this was perfect: it met our needs and was centrally located as well.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the pool. Our room also had / great big windows! Perhaps ensure you ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Okay. It is an old country club. If you want a new place, go stay at the Hampton or Holiday Inn. Also, this is not the Greenbrier, Homestead, Ritz, etc., but it is a great property with friendly staff. And only $150 ish per night.

I arrived at 5pm, played some tennis (thanks Ernie for setting me up and loaning me a racket), had wine and cheese tasting and a steam in the Spa. Try doing that at the Hampton Inn. And all for $10 extra. When I checked in, they even asked if I wanted to play some golf (with a free set of clubs).

I think you would be crazy to not stay here. The property is amazing. Just come expecting an old club and enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor? Share your experiences!