“BEDBUGS & ROACHES” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Evergreen Motel

Evergreen Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canfield
Evergreen Motel
You added Evergreen Motel to your Saves list
485 West Main Street, Route 224, Canfield, OH 44406-1425 (Formerly El Patio Motel & Apartments)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Canfield
Crawfordsville, Indiana
“BEDBUGS & ROACHES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Came in on 7/29/13, room had no mattresses in it, stated they had to "recondition" the mattresses due to previous person had a dog. I did not think anything abnormal at the time. Around 10pm we made the bed with OUR OWN bed clothes and pillows, about 11 we laid down and not even 30 mins later here were these bedbugs crawling on my hand! I immediately jumped up, removed all my belongings and trashed all our bed clothes and pillows. I advised the owner, goes by Sonya, she acted like it was no big deal. Moved us to room 15 right next door and we seen 2 cockroaches in there! I got my money back and left. Who knows if they were already aware of the problem or if they will fix it, but it needs to be reported someway to someone who will make them do what is proper.
The staff were very friendly, no wonder. Seems like an okay place to stay and there are a lot of guys staying there on business. Hopefully the problem is only in the one room, but cockroaches must be everywhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Families
Solo
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

We stayed here for a recent dog show. The hotel looked a little dated on the outside, so we were a little concerned. As other posters have mentioned, you get an actual key to access room. The room had a slight musty smell to it, but these units are quite old. The room was very clean but dated and had a fridge and a microwave in it. No extras, but we got an excellent price on this room and would stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

The El Patio is reminiscent of the motels one would have stayed at on road trips in the 70's - remember the key you'd get on the long diamond-shaped keychain? They have those! I chose to think of the idiosyncrasies as quaint and nostalgic, and I was fine with it. The room was clean and the staff helpful - it seems to be run by one lady who does it all, and is very helpful. I was pleased to find a fridge and microwave in my room. If you're looking for upscale, a pool, or all the latest things, look elsewhere; if you are looking for a room that's clean, safe, and reasonable, the El Patio is a good fit. I plan to stay there next year when I am in the area again.

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!