“GETAWAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
You added Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center to your Saves list
US Route 22 E, PO Box 7, Cambridge, OH 43725   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Columbus, Ohio
“GETAWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My Boyfriend & I needed an extended weekend getaway so I booked the Friday-Sunday and then used Their "Stay-2 and the third night was FREE" promotion. I have stayed at Salt Fork on several different occassions and the reason I return is it's always relaxing, clean, staff is friendly and you truly can "getaway" from the hustle & bustle of everyday "city" surroundings and unwind in the rustic, slow down pace & have the comforts of home. We will be back again soon!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for the terrific feedback. Your getaway description of Salt Fork is fantastic! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our 3 for 2 special, and I'm very happy to read that you plan to visit us again soon!

Keith Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Salt Fork is our family's favorite place to get away. We have been going there for over thirty years. Fishing, swimming, and sitting around the campfire up on the "mountain" with Cabin 36 are some of our family traditions.

Room Tip: Cabins allow for more family time and roomier. Best of all, you feel a part of God's creation.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. Cabin 36 is a great location; offering a nice view of the lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back for year thirty one!

With Gratitude,

Langenhagen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Safe, clean lodge for families traveling or meeting up for a reunion. Good food and great service! I also think it is a quite relaxing place to organize medium sized corporate meetings for management level employees to strategize and socialize.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Salt Fork. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff.

I also appreciate your observations relative to Salt Fork as a great place to host a meeting. With over 300 groups on-site each year, our Catering and Convention Services team have an outstanding track record and customer satisfaction rating.

Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed there in October for a family reunion and had a wonderful time! I decided to go back in January to take advantage of the pool and hot tub! It was an extremely cold weekend so it was really nice to be able to enjoy the Lounge, Resturant, pool and hot tub without ever going outside.
I look forward to returning in the summer to take advantage of the outdoor activities! The staff has been wonderful at both visits.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. I am pleased to read that you have visited us twice in a short period of time and plan another trip this summer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Orwell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have been coming to Salt Fork Lodge for many years (16 to be exact) and will be returning for Springbreak in April. We have three children ages 6, 11, 13. They games and entertainment they had was so much fun for all of them. I usually don't go to the New Year Eve buffet with my husband due to not liking seafood or primerib. This year the whole went and I have to say everything I had was very good and the staff very friendly. The children buffet was so cute and just for them. Could not of ask for a better get away for the family to just relax and have family time together.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for the bunk room and wood side. The bunk room gives you extra space if you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I thank you for your kind words. My team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like the ones you’ve shared make it all worthwhile. The restaurant staff was excited to create a fun buffet area for the kids; I'm so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back in April!

With Gratitude,
Cambridge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just took advantage of the three nights for the price of two deal, hosting our kids and grand kids at Salt Fork Lodge in 5 rooms that included the hospitality room and the two rooms adjacent. Christmas is a great time to do this as occupancy is low and almost everyone there is with a family group. No need to worry about little kids disturbing other guests since almost everyone else is there with kids as well. There is a lot of space to move about. Since the game room is an attraction that can suck up a lot of money, we took several of our own games that kids played for prizes in the "grandma game room" that we set up in a remote common area. It was one of the kids favorite events. I recommend taking a lot of snacks since the lodge is remote and food service is limited over the holidays.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Everyone on the Salt Fork team works hard to provide our guests with a positive experience, and comments like these make it all worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were decent just a little outdated. needs new wallpaper and a makeover. Pool was great. Game room was okay...some games didn't work and took our money. Room service was BAD. 10pm at night and no room service? Front desk told us to order pizza at lounge. Lounge closed early supposedly. Asked what could we do food wise and were told to use a snack machine. None of the pizza places around deliver either. Got food out of snack machine the cookies were horrible my friend threw up. Staff was nice besides the lady at the lounge who called and yelled at us for wanting to order pizza. What happened Salt Fork?

• Stayed December 2013
GMSFSaltForkLodge, General Manager at Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing Salt Fork on your recent visit.

I am concerned about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know this does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident we heard your concern.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Been to Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!