“Rude” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Cambridge
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read the reviews before I decided to stay. It was mixed however I thought I would give it a try.
I had the exact same experience as luvmyfam.
I was put in a room next to the workers room. I was rudely awaken by a loud thug with a lot of other noises that followed, this continued. After only 3 hours of sleep I got out of bed to talk to the person at the front desk. I have to say she was very rude and told me there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to speak to a manager, I was told there was no manager until later.
After that early morning experience I decided to leave and begin the next leg of my trip. Overpriced for a hotel that limits your sleep time!
I see the manager picks and chooses which complaints they respond to and based on my similar experience as another traveler I'm not expecting the management to be any better than the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Cindy-

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the inconvenience you experienced due to noisy neighboring guests. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am sorry you left without feeling the problem was resolved.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Cambridge.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn-Cambridge
740-435-3200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Williamstown, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We didn't get to stay at this hotel, however, the desk clerk was so helpful I wanted to let others know. We had not made a reservation for the night of July 2nd because we weren't sure just what we'd be doing the next day. We decided to go to "The Wilds" and this was the closest town with hotels. We knew there'd be a problem when we pulled in and a tour bus was unloading. The clerk advised us that they were full, but told us which other hotels in the area still had rooms available. We prefer th Choice Hotels, and there was a Econo Lodge up the street, with 2 rooms left - 30 minutes ago. The clerk called them, and those rooms were gone. He then asked what we would be doing and suggested we try Zanesville where there was another Comfort Inn. He called them, they still had rooms and he handed me the phone to make the reservations. During all of this he was also working on the tour bus reservations! That hotel lobby was bright and clean. Would love to go back and stay there sometime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Comfort Inn-Cambridge.
I was happy to hear that you look for Choice Hotel properties when traveling and that Lee was able to find you nearby accommodations at Comfort Inn-Zanesville. Your wonderful feedback about our customer service and hotel appearance is greatly appreciated and I will definitely share your comments with the entire staff. We hope to see you the next time you are in Cambridge!

Best regards,

Comfort Inn-Cambridge
740-435-3200
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

As a military family moving cross country with 2 dogs it is very difficult. However as Choice Hotel Reward Members we are pleased we can always count on this hotel chain; until today. After making our reservation on line we received a confirmation e-mail and at the bottom of the e-mail is stated only one (1) pet. My wife called the hotel to confirm since we did not see this information during the reservation process. When she called the person on the phone was rude and condescending. The clerk was not pleasant in any way and told my wife that there was plenty of notices during the reservation process. Even after my wife said she may have missed it the clerk continued to berate her. For the hotel management--this conversation occurred on 27 May around 6:30 pm, please speak to the female employee on that shift and retrain her.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent call regarding our pet policy. I have shared your feedback with the Associate your wife spoke with and I have also reviewed our website and reservation process to ensure the information is correct.

Kind Regards,

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a surprise with this location being convenient and well appointed too.

Decent accomodation at a decent price. Would return here. Very easy to find off route #70 and near restaurants and shopping areas...plus gas stations, very necessary when making a long range trip.

Breakfast was ample and made the choice of hotel a good value.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with this choice. A good stop to make.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your positive feedback is very much appreciated. All of our guest rooms have been recently renovated and the Pool and Hot Tub were painted as well. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Cambridge, Ohio area!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

On first impression we knew the hotel was nice because the lobby was spotless. The rooms were much the same way, very clean. The staff was helpful and directed us to a place to eat. Breakfast buffet in the morning was an added bonus.

Stayed December 2012
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at Comfort Inn-Cambridge and for giving us such a fantastic review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will see you again the next time you travel to the Cambridge, Ohio area.

Ardmore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Overall it's not a bad place to stay. It was very clean. Price wise it was pricey for the quality of the motel. Front desk was very friendly and very helpful. So that was a welcomed surprise. I wasn't in the best of moods after the Hampton messed up our reservations. But she was very helpful and I may even stay there again just because of customer service!

• Stayed January 2013
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a business traveler, I typically stay at IHG properties (Hoilday Inn, etc), but as there weren't any in this area, I booked a room at this Comfort Inn. This is a very well maintained property, aging just a little bit, but the room was very clean, the bed and linens comfortable, the halls were quiet and Debbie, at the front desk, was very friendly and welcoming. About 20 minutes after checking in, she called to make sure that I was satisfied with the room. I don't get THAT at IHG properties!

Generous supply of fluffy towels, as well as the usual complimentary shampoo, etc. WIFI was fast. The king bed suite included a fridge, micro, corner desk, flat screen TV. Bonus points for a window that opened to let in some fresh air on an unusally warm January night.

The property is easily accessed just off I-70. There are restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay at Comfort Inn-Cambridge. I was glad to hear you were pleased with your accommodations. We take pride in providing our guests with a great experience and friendly customer service.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Cambridge, Ohio area.

Comfort Inn-Cambridge, Ohio

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!