We are a veteran "romantic getaway" couple and the Hideaway just wasn't up to snuff. Most disappointing were the meals. Our gourmet dinner basket consisted of a chopped romaine salad, teriaki salmon (overdone), asparagus and mashed potatoes (with absolutely no seasoning!). Sparkling juice wasn't available so we were other beverages instead (brought to us in plastic pitchers). We had to go ask when the basket was going to be delivered to our room because it was never discussed what it would have in it or when it would be arriving.
The outdoor fire and s'mores were lovely! Nice touch!. And we loved the double hammocks!
The breakfasts were the most disappointing. Incredibly unimaginative! Award winning chef? Really? We had to fight off the flies constantly (so not romantic!). First morning was yogurt parfait (with the only fruit being a single cherry on top) and an english muffin. This was followed by two eggs and two strips of bacon. Boring! Nothing done to make it pretty. Also - for some reason there was no plain black tea available - just herbal or chai. Other places in this price range would have excelled at breakfast - usually with some signature dish and it would have been beautifully done.
Second breakfast has yogurt parfait again (with the vanilla and strawberry flipped in the dish!) and a small dish of granola. Followed by our choice of bacon (wait...didn't we just have that?) or turkey sausage (that had obviously been cooked much earlier because it was quite shrivelled and dry and barely warm) and waffles (pretty sure they weren't homemade! - with GFS syrup. Certainly not what you'd expect at a place charging this much.
Our room was lovely and the tub was fun! However the hotel was having some issues with the sewer system when we arrived (plumber was on site) and it created a very unromantic odor for the first day (seemed to abate by day 2). Based on prior comments it sounds like this wasn't a first.
Overall I'd say if you're looking for a romantic getaway there are better places (like the Glenlaural Inn - now that's ROMANTIC!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Mid-Ohio, Areas only Full Service Boutique Hotel or a larger Ohio bed & breakfast. Hideaway Country Inn offers a peaceful setting on 8 acres of exquisitely landscaped grounds and gardens. Hideaway Country Inn is tucked away in Ohio's beautiful farm country, located between Bucyrus, Marion, and Mansfield, Ohio. The area surrounding the Bed and Breakfast Inn has something for everyone whether you are a race fan, like to enjoy the theater and fine dining, a history buff, or the back to nature type. Explore the Heart of Ohio at the most luxurious and unique Bed & Breakfast in Ohio. Hideaway Country Inn's suites are perfect for many occasions. Whether you are having a wedding, a corporate retreat, celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, other special occasion, or just want to get away from it all for a while, Hideaway Country Inn is the perfect bed & breakfast for you. Each room/suite offers a unique theme and different set of amenities including a Private Jacuzzi, gas fireplace, Premium satellite TV, individual temperature control. Guaranteed Privacy. Rejuvenate with one of our many on-site Spa treatments provided by a licensed massage therapists. We invite you to explore our site and start planning your next getaway at one of the most relaxing Bed & Breakfasts in Ohio Come in and join us for Mid Ohio Sports Car Course Races! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your HideAway Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Country Hotel Bucyrus
- HideAway Country Inn Bucyrus, Ohio