“Perfect anniversary stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Long Island City, New York
“Perfect anniversary stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We celebrated our 25th anniversary with two relaxing and romantic nights in the Out of Africa Suite. I have celiac disease plus food allergies and sensitivities and the chef did a wonderful job providing delicious food that we could eat. We had two breakfasts, a candlelight dinner, picnic basket dinner, and the 'eat fondue naked' all of which were superb! Being from the country we loved the privacy of the inn. Overall it was a perfect quiet getaway!

Room Tip: The rooms are truly as they are represented online. Take your time to choose one that suits your st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperOH, Owner at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank You So much !!! IT was Exciting to take Great care of you! Now you have a place to go, after not being able to eat out in over 4 years !!!

Come and have fun in our cooking classes this year!

We look forward to having you visit many times in the future.

thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Carpenter room at the HideAway Country inn. The service was great, the food amazing, and the bed was more comfortable than my own. I can't rate the inn excellent because the rooms are a bit overpriced for what you receive. Biggest problem I had at the inn was well I am from the city, in the city we don't have well water. Had I thought about this ahead of time I probably wouldn't have stayed here. Now if the smell of well water doesn't bother you than this is a beautiful place to stay. We were both really excited to relax in the rooms jacuzzi whirlpool tub, and this was where the well water was bothering. However, service couldn't have been better, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, i couldn't get a bar of service on my phone, and we never heard any of the other guests, it was incredibly quiet which was nice. Also, the staff upon learning that my boyfriend was a vegan, made a full vegan breakfast, which was amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperOH, General Manager at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Yes the water is different in the country. Even more healthy than the city water. We know where it comes from and the natural filters.

BEST part is NO chemicals are added.

The water is super safe and tested in an approved EPA lab. Yes there are some minerals but no other chemicals.

Safe healthy and great for the environment. Country water.
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our stay was just one night and seemed like much more. It was so romantic and relaxing. We stayed in the Out of Africa Loft. It was wonderful! The Jacuzzi was amazing and the bed in the loft perfect. We sat on the porch at midnight in our robes and saw no one. It was so romantic.

We cannot wait to return. All the staff was so helpful and friendly. The food was excellent. I cannot give them higher praise.

Mccunda

Glad you enjoyed your stay. How did you like the Safari hats in your suite ? Please share any pictures you may have with the hats on.....

Try the couples massage the next time you visit.

Thanks Again.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We had such a wonderful time during our stay. The staff was helpful and pleasent. We loved the country setting and the fact that every need was on site so we could truely relax and unwind! Two thumbs up for this great B&B. P.S. rooms are amazing!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed here May 16 through May 19, 2014. I can't tell you how many times we heard "This weekend is all about you guys" from their staff. And then they backed it up with such friendly service. We stayed in "The Smith" room and it was pretty awesome. It was very clean and full of character....and Big! The hot tub for 2 on the balcony was awesome to sit in at night and have a glass of wine together. The bed/pillows were very comfortable. The views from the room are very scenic. The bar/lounge area is very comfortable and they have a great sitting area by the fire place as well as 2 large flatscreen tvs. We ordered dinner from the bar area and the food was fantastic. We felt like we were at a 5 star restaurant when we had breakfast each morning....again the food was fantastic!
I have to say though, beyond how nice and clean and full of character this place is, the staff is truly what makes this place so welcoming and comfortable. Debbie, Sno, Victoria, etc. were all wonderful. We had many conversations with some of staff that went beyond them just checking on us. It is truly a family type atmosphere with the staff and that is something we really appreciate. We actually stayed here for a minimal charge through a radio promotion, but we would gladly pay the regular rates to enjoy another romantic weekend getaway here again. Thank you guys so much for making our weekend amazing! Jason & Kasie.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at HideAway almost a year ago, in the Hunter's Den Loft. This time, we stayed in the Out of Africa Loft, and in our opinion, this room was much better. The Hunter's Den is very nice; however, we preferred the Jacuzzi and furniture in the Out of Africa Loft. Below are the pros and cons based on our most recent experience:

Pros:
~Friendly and welcoming staff and innkeeper
~Clean and spacious room (no b. bugs)
~A/C unit works GREAT
~Easy to get in and out of Jacuzzi for two
~Packages and room service available
~Two TVs with Direct service
~Peaceful surroundings
~Comfortable furniture
~Fridge in room
~Nearby soda machine and ice machine
~Wine, Soda, Snacks available in office/gift shop area
~Very good breakfast (delivered to room for $25)

Cons:
~Dinner basket was bland. We ordered the dinner basket to be delivered to our room the first time we stayed at Hideaway, and the dinner was excellent, so we decided to order another dinner basket for this stay. Unfortunately, the meal was extremely bland. The innkeeper (Deb) told us she hired a new chef, so maybe s/he is just getting familiar with the cooking. However, we spent $60 on a meal that had no flavor, nor was it filling. It was very healthy, which both my husband and I like, but I know how to make healthy meals that have a lot of flavor....and I am not a chef! This meal included very plain long grain wild rice; chicken kabobs....both dishes were so bland you could hardly tell a difference between the two with the exception of the texture; some type of chicken and veggie soup, which had a bad aftertaste; unseasoned cooked asparagus, and some type of apple/caramel dessert. For $60, we expected more. Next time, we will probably just order pizza from a local pizza place.

Suggestions:
~Upgrade the Direct TV package to include movie channels (the majority of the channels are infomercials, news, or sports). Better yet, get a subscription to Netflix so people can watch shows/movies at their leisure. This would be especially ideal during bad weather times.....there is only so much time you can spend in a Jacuzzi and being 'romantic'.
~For the dinner basket, include more choices. We had choices for the main dish, but were not given any choices for sides, veggies, or dessert. Had we been able to choose these items, maybe dinner would have been better. For $60, having more choices would be appropriate.

Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay. We did not take off points for the dinner as it was edible, just not very good. Often times at places like this, we are at the mercy of the chef and what s/he prepares. As I stated previously, ordering pizza may be the better option for next time.

If you are looking for a relaxing, peaceful, and romantic stay, Hideaway is a great option. We look forward to returning soon and trying one of the other rooms!

Room Tip: Out of Africa is one of their most popular loft suits. We greatly enjoyed our stay in this room!
Lima, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Planned a romantic getaway here Valentines Weekend. Upon check in we were told it would be a "few minutes" and to take a seat in the "bar". The bar was unattended so we could not order a drink, or even have a glass of water. We waited for an hour and forty five minutes before we could check in (we arrived a little after the check-in time) Upon entering our room it was lovely, however, we had ordered a dinner basket to be delivered to our room and with the delay in checking in our dinner would be coming in less than a couple of hours. We started to unwind and decided to turn the tv on - hey we did not have the kids, we could watch what we wanted!. The tv did not work.....Called the front desk and was told they would check on it. What ensued after that was a Monty Python movie. First one then another then another employee came in checking the same thing, told them the same information, over and over again. They then told us we would be "upgraded" to another room and that our dinner which was now over an hour late being delivered would be set up in this other room. We were advised this would be done in 20 minutes. Over an hour later we called again and advised please just bring our food as we were very hungry. The young lady running the desk brought our basket, the food was terrible. The pork was cold and overcooked, veggies were overcooked, the rolls were rock hard. The only edible part of the meal was the small slice of cheesecake for dessert. Our new "upgraded" room did not have a tv that worked and the fireplace was not working and no one knew how to make it work....... I think you get the jest. During this fiasco the young lady running the desk shared that the owner was gone for the weekend and there had been a large wedding and how stressed she was. The next morning we went to breakfast. It was ok. Not the quality we had enjoyed at other B&B's but at this point we were not expecting much. We asked our server what had happened the day before and she explained that there had been a large wedding party that had trashed many of the rooms, and it was basically a total fiasco the day before. We advised sorry to hear this. When she returned she was very kind and apologized and provided us a gift certificate to stay another time sharing that this was not the "Typical" experience. We thanked her and checked out. Fast forward a week ago Friday I reserved a room with our gift certificate for my husbands birthday. The reservation was 8 days out. I woke up Thursday in horrible pain. Had to see the doctor. Was advised to rest and of some other issues. We called the Hideaway to cancel our reservation for Saturday. When I called I spoke with "Deb" I explained that we had a reservation but I will sick and that we would like to cancel and will be rescheduling for a couple of months out. She never said sorry to hear your are sick etc, simply - "Whats your certificate number" I advised I didn't know but would get the certificate and give her the information. She did not respond. When I got the certificate I told her there was not a certificate number. Deb still didn't respond. She then said "Well your certificate is now voided because we have a 14 day cancellation policy you should know that since you stayed here before" I explained I had not even made the reservation 14 days in advance. Deb advised too bad. She was so nasty I handed the phone to my husband. Deb asked him what he did for a living and he explained that he owned 4 businesses. She then advised that she had 3 empty rooms this weekend and what a hardship it was..... basically it went nowhere. Long story place - the rooms could be nice if maintained - this could be a great place with the right management/owner. This is a business owner who doesn't understand customer service and doesn't take accountability for their mistakes. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Total waste of money. Buyer beware. Instead of a romantic-relaxing getaway you will end up at the Heartbreak Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away !
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperOH, Manager at HideAway Country Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Wow I am so Sorry you had to cancel your 2nd multiple night visit with us with less than 24 hour notice. I am so sorry you could not stay to experience us at our BEST. I am so sorry this prompted a review completely different than when your stay in February. I am really unsure how to even respond to this review. But in total Disbelief.

Been to HideAway Country Inn? Share your experiences!