“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10800 Hebron Road, I-70 & State Route 79, Buckeye Lake, OH 43008 (Formerly Super 8 Buckeye Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckeye Lake
Fenton, Missouri
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Room 214 If my family and I were not completely exhausted at 1:15 a.m. and driving for hours on our way home from vacation with our 2 children we would have went back down to the office and left. Our room had a very foul smell to it and was very dirty. The carpet had stains ALL over it and the border at the baseboard was falling off. I had to get our blankets from the car to place on the beds because I felt that worried about theirs. I can't believe this hotel has any association with a major chain. Even with our AAA discount I feel robbed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

ick, ick, ick - I won't stay at this hotel again even if it's free. I itched all weekend long (stayed three nights). The mattress on the bed was absolutely flat, the towel worn, the carpet on the floor nasty & unvacuumed (I wore socks the entire stay). There was nastiness accumulated in the corners of the bathroom floor. The room next to me had fleas - I heard the occupant ranting to the desk clerk.
This hotel is very outdated and really needs to be redone - cracks in the sink, nasty shower.
I paid $59/night thru Priceline.com - When I went to check in the desk person was giving deals. The person ahead of me got $45/night - the person behind me $49/night WHAT????
There was an event in the area so I couldn't get another room anywhere.
Listen to TripAdvisor reviews - I should have.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marcellus, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is absolutely among one of the worst Lodges we have ever stayed in. It was so smelly and all around BAD! We stayed 2 nights and went to the Mopar Nationals. First night we had 2 towels, the second night they made 1 of our beds and left the other one unmade. The clerk ask me if we had clothes on the bed and we did not because I always check and make sure my husband or kids do not leave anything on the beds. Also the second night we had 1 towel and half roll of tissue paper in the bathroom. The room smelled like DIRTY feet. We paid $289 for 2 nights which we did not mind if the rooms had only been half way clean! Beware... I think this hotel is run by foreigners and is nasty!! If it had been clean I wouldn't care who runs it but it was one of the WORST!! Our clothes smelled so bad it was horrible. I don't know what room these positive reviews stayed in but it definitely was not room 209! The continental breakfast was a joke, donut holes and toast!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! :-(
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I made this reservation through priceline.com After driving all day from Eastern Pennsylvania, we are tired. The room is clean, smells fresh, not in the least bit stale. Towels are nice and white and new. There are mattress covers on the beds, 2 doubles. The blanket is old, but looks clean. WI FI is free, but I use my own hot spot because it is secure, unlike the motels. Man at the desk was courteous and told me there is a beautiful lake a half mile down the road. All I know is if you have driven all day on the Turnpike with discourteous and aggressive drivers, this place is just fine. No trucks, quiet, clean, and I will sleep well before hitting that dog eat dog road again tomorrow to Missouri.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

It is shocking to me to read all of the reviews of this hotel. I came in late(around midnight) Thursday evening after a Long drive. I got an awesome rate for the night, and the King room I got was outstanding. The blankets and pillows were incredibly comfortable, and there was a mini-fridge. I was so impressed with the rate and hospitality of the clerk, (I believe his name was Ted) I went ahead and got the room for two more nights. Will stay here in the following years that I visit, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We came here at 3:30 a.m. after our room at the Red Roof Inn fell through. Although the beds were made, and the towels looked clean, the room smelled of cigarettes. There were not any mattress covers on the mattresses. The blanket under the top blanket was hard and gross. There were stains on the floor. A stain on the bed. There were cigarrette holes in the sheets. The shower was old and stained. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good for a night or 2 if you don't need/want a lot of amenities.

Fairly quiet, even with the freeway close by (easy access to the freeway). Staff was friendly.

They did not have much for breakfast - toast, donut holes, OJ, coffee. All of it was kind of crammed in by the front desk even though they had a nice dining nook with plenty of room right off the lobby.

We had difficulty with the free wifi especially during "peak use" hours.

The shower had good pressure but the water never really got hot (lukewarm at best) even though it came out of the sink nice and hot.

I've had issues with housekeeping ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign on the door at other places - no one bothered us here which was very nice.

There are a few restaurants within a couple miles but nothing surprising (mostly pizza & fast food).

Buckeye Lake is a short drive, we didn't stay long but it seemed like a nice little lake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!