“OK for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10800 Hebron Road, I-70 & State Route 79, Buckeye Lake, OH 43008 (Formerly Super 8 Buckeye Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckeye Lake
Lexington
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good for a night or 2 if you don't need/want a lot of amenities.

Fairly quiet, even with the freeway close by (easy access to the freeway). Staff was friendly.

They did not have much for breakfast - toast, donut holes, OJ, coffee. All of it was kind of crammed in by the front desk even though they had a nice dining nook with plenty of room right off the lobby.

We had difficulty with the free wifi especially during "peak use" hours.

The shower had good pressure but the water never really got hot (lukewarm at best) even though it came out of the sink nice and hot.

I've had issues with housekeeping ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign on the door at other places - no one bothered us here which was very nice.

There are a few restaurants within a couple miles but nothing surprising (mostly pizza & fast food).

Buckeye Lake is a short drive, we didn't stay long but it seemed like a nice little lake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here with family while passing through. If you want a comfortable room and little else, this is your place. The room was recently remodeled and nice. Exterior corridors are not my preference, but thats the way it is set up. The breakfast was a huge disappointment, the rate was cheap. And McDonalds is right next door. I think this hotel will get better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

We arrived and was unable to connect to their WiFi in room used it in the office the woman said no one else complained but we could not connect from 5 different devices. She explained what was going to be put out at breakfast. The next morning my children expected cereal as she said. Then she told us oh no we don't do that. Worst part is no hot water anywhere. New owners have not upgraded. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012
Newark, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

i have read and re read the reviews. and i have to admit i was sceptic, however i am on a budget. i stayed in the jacuzzi suite, and it was a great room. it has a kitchenette, a full couch, a chair a huge king sized bed. i didnt notice any noises, and the staff was friendly and professional. the new owners are turning it around, please give it another chance.

Room Tip: if you are looking for luxury rent the suite. they gave it to me for 3nights regular rate the 4th ni...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tuxedo Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

cheap priced hotel and it looks that way- needs work and also overcharged me by 2 days, and if i didn't check my bank statement then they would've got add'l days out of me...........DON'T BOTHER IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.......

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I stopped by this roach infested motel last night after seeing it from the highway. Roaches were crawling over me all night and I couldn't get any decent sleep. Several hours after leaving the hotel, I am still scratching all over my body because of bed bug bites. Out of all the motels I've been to in my life, this super 8 has to be one of the worst. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I am a frequent business traveler and have stayed at many discount motel chains, but this motel is the worst one I have been to yet. First, there is a lot of noise and disturbance. One of my co-workers had his car keyed in the parking lot by another drunken guest. Secondly, my room was not very clean upon arrival and had a very noticeable smell. Third, free wi-fi is advertised but neither I nor my co-workers have been able to get a connection. Due to this, I had to fax in my timesheet to the office, and the front desk actually charged me for the fax! I don't know much about other Super 8 motels, but I would not recommend this particular location.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!