“Changes on the Horizon” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard House Restaurant

Orchard House Restaurant
294 Pearl Rd, Brunswick, OH 44212 (Formerly Melrose Grille)
(330) 225-5576
Cross street: Boston Rd
Brunswick, Ohio
“Changes on the Horizon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

According to recent articles, Mapleside is leaning more toward the catering business, apparently giving up on the restaurant trade, which they seemed to do months ago with poor food and service. They are building a venue overlooking the valley for weddings and wedding receptions. Apparently, the Orchard House will be used for large groups -- showers, parties, etc. Hope their food service improves 100% or this will go under too. Corbo's Bakery bailed out and is now located in Marc's in Strongsville, so that is the place to visit.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Akron, Ohio
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We have been coming to this restaurant (Mapleside Farms) for years. It has changed hands and the quality is just not there. The only outstanding part of our evening was the excellent waitress! I ordered their signature chicken potpie ($13.99) and received a bowl of gravy with a few carrots/celery/and several small chunks of chicken. There was a puff pastry on top. That was all I received. I had to pay extra for a salad. My husband ordered their buttermilk fried chicken which included a small portion of french fries and green beans ($14.99). The chicken was all breading with little meat. The salad was extra. No bread was included with either meal. After I complained about my potpie the waitress quickly took it away and suggested I get the pot roast dinner. It was good. The waitress did not charge for the upgrade. We were there around 3:00 so our menu choices were small. They start a buffet at 4:00 for $15.99. Maybe that is better. As for us, we will not be returning as we can't think of a good reason to spend our money for a sub par meal. The sad part is we use to love our meals at Mapleside especially those delicious rolls (which came with the meal).

• Visited November 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Westlake, Ohio
“Sunday buffet very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food is overpriced and very marginal at best - save your money and just buy the bakery from Corbos which has an outlet at Mapleside

Visited September 2014
Avon Lake
“Bad Takeover”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Have been visiting this restaurant since the 90's, it had great food, reasonable prices and was very clean and family oriented. It has been obviously taken over by people who are trying to make a quick buck and have no idea on how to run a food service. We had a large table 11 people, I think one person really liked the food served, two after viewing the buffet ordered hamburgers which they did not finish. My wife and I skipped the buffet which was not busy and was a mess! We foolishly ordered off the menu becuase we were really hungry! We could not finish our meals they were so poor. They were not real busy, would highly recommend not going to this restaurant. View is nice!

• Visited October 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Do not visit on Tuesday for lunch.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I visited with a group of 8 other adults for lunch. We came in just after it opened. The buffet did not look very appetizing. It looked like leftovers from Sunday. My friend and I both ordered the Prime Rib au jus sandwich on a hoagy bun for $9.99. It was supposed to have grilled onions and mushrooms and cheese. It came with fries. We also ordered a cup of tomato basil soup. The soup was OK but not great. The sandwich came cut in half. There was hardly any meat in it. I could not taste any onion or mushroom in it. The 2 mushrooms I could see were the size of a fingernail. The meat was fatty and the jus was salty. A regular size Arby sandwich has 3 times the amount of meat compared to Prime Rib one we got. The fries were hot and tasted good but we only received a small amount compared to most restaurants. The sandwich was very disappointing. We complained to the waitress about the skimpiness. She went back to the kitchen and came back and simply said "sorry". I will never eat at this restaurant again. After lunch my friend and I compared notes with 2 other ladies. They both had the same sandwich and were disappointed.

• Visited October 2014