“Over priced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard House Restaurant

Orchard House Restaurant
294 Pearl Rd, Brunswick, OH 44212 (Formerly Melrose Grille)
(330) 225-5576
Cross street: Boston Rd
Ohio
“Over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Orchard house restaurant on a Sunday for dinner. The food was "ok" we felt the meals were extremely overpriced for the amount of food. I had the porkchop dinner and for what it cost I could have bought a whole pork loin and had 3 meals!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, OH
“More of the Same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant has changed owners 3x now and I keep hoping the menu is going to change, but I'm disappointed each time. There are some changes but not enough to entice me to return.

This was my first visit to the Orchard House and I will not be returning.The food was mediocre and priced higher than what it was worth. I ordered the chicken marsala which came with mashed potatoes and braised greens. I substituted the mashed potatoes with a different kind of potatoe (cost an add'l $1.99). Everything was piled on top of the other and all mixed with their respective sauses. Not what I was expecting. Everything had the same flavor.

On a brighter note, the server (Erin) was very pleasant and aimed to please. Unfortunately managment had her all over the restaurant resulting in slow service. I ended up going to the bar to pay my bill because Erin was busy running back & forth from end to end.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brunswick, OHIO
“Big Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is much better than Melrose Grill now that it is under new management. We had very good service for our dinner. The fish fry was good. I would have preferred hand cut fries however instead of frozen. Overall a good value. We will return to try something different off the menu. You cannot find a better view in Medina County.

Brunswick, Ohio, United States
“Orchard House Fish Fry is a must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went here with my husband for the Friday fish fry after hearing from other friends how great it was. I was completely impressed! We arrived at 5 pm and we were seated immediately. The service was fantastic. The fish was delcious especially for the $12.99 all you can eat price. I really enjoyed the homemade tartar sauce. I could have ate buckets of it! The only negative thing I have to say about our dinner, was that it was about a 20 minute wait for our actuall meal. If you haven't checked this place out, I highly recommend you give it a try....especially for the fish fry. My husband even made the comment that it was the best fish fry he's ever had (and he is not one to get blown away by meals). I have to say I agree.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brunswick, Ohio, United States
“Great new menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The restaurant is now under a new owner and management. They re-opended only a few weeks ago. It is well worth the trip to visit. The food is very good, the service is professional and friendly and the views behind the restaurant are breath taking!

Visited January 2013