“So much more than what you pay for” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military Family Discounts
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brooklyn
Erie, Pennsylvania
“So much more than what you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I just stayed last weekend to attend the Fabulous Food Show at the I-X Center. I tirelessly researched hotels online to find the best deal along with every amenity that I wanted. You absolutely get everything you would ever need. I always want a hotel with a continental breakfast and free internet access. And I was trying to find one with a shuttle to the I-X Center as they were charging $8 day for parking. We attended the show on Saturday and Sunday and we were able to get the shuttle to and from both days, which I appreciated because we technically were "checked out" on Sunday. Shuttle ride was only about 8 minutes to the I-X Center. There are a ton a great restaurants right across the street. Room was clean, jacuzzi in room was great and the breakfast was one of the best I've ever had! (We even had a fridge and microwave that I didn't even remember reading on the website.) And of course everyone was super helpful. Can't say enough good things. Will definitely stay again next year when we attend the Food Show.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I recently spent the night here while on a business trip. I always try to stay at Hampton Inn's whenever possible, as they are consistently nice, clean hotels. This stay was no different as I found the accomodations to be clean and comfortable. The hotel was not as updated as many of the other Hampton's I have stayed in, but the exceptional service more than made up for it. The girls at the front desk were wonderful and quite helpful. The hotel also hosted a catered business social in the evening which was nice. The location is great as there are many dining choices within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I arrived to Cleveland after 9pm Friday night. I called the hotel for the airport shuttle, and the young woman at the desk said the shuttle service had shut down for the night, but that I should take a cab, and she would pay for it. Amazing, and beyond the call of duty.
Hotel was clean, new, great beds and large rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Randolph NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed one night at the Hampton Inn. The rooms and hotel were clean and had all you could need. The location is good for a traveler like me who did not have a car because I was able to walk to a number of local restaurants (all chains TIGF, Max and Ermas etc.) for a bite to eat. I did not eat breakfast there but they had it available and free along with coffee available all day long. Good cookies when you check in too!

The service was really good which separates this hotel. They will pick you up from the airport and shuttle you back at no charge (10 min ride) and take you whereever you want to go in the surrounding area (again no charge). For a business traveler like me this saved me from renting a car (the money and hassle) which was great.

Also the lady at the desk (Andy) was terrific and as helpful as you can get. The other folks at the desk were great too! This is a Hampton Inn so don't expect the Ritz. But it really provides all you could need. I will stay again as I travel there for business across the street. Nice job by Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Service was great and it was clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

I was pretty satisfied with our stay at this Hampton Inn. When we arrived, our room was extremely clean! The room had all the features I like, including a microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The bathroom was pretty nice. The only thing I didn't like was that the sink and mirror area was not separate from the shower area. That makes it difficult when you are sharing a room with more than one person.

Everything there seemed pretty new and nice. The lobby looked like it had been remodeled recently. The rooms were also up-to-date.

The staff was friendly enough, especially the person who checked us in. I do not remember her name. I really didn't encounter that many people who worked there because I didn't really have any problems!

The continental breakfast was OK. They did not have a whole lot. For example, they only had plain cream cheese packets for the bagels, but Hampton Inns usually offer low-fat and strawberry cream cheese. It was fine for a snack though.

I have stayed here two or three times before. The quality has been consistent, and I would definitely go back.

• Liked — The cleanliness and convenience
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2004

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brooklyn (near the Cleveland airport) on June 13, 2004. Upon check-in I did not think it was going to be a great place (I did not like their red carpet, it had some stains on it) however, I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were better than expected and either new or completely refurbished.

You have to be careful as some of the areas around the airport are not the best however this area was fine and safe.

Their breakfast was good, continental with eggs and sausage thrown in, good coffee etc.

I was surprised that when I requested to use the media room because I had to print out a security document for the airport, everything was free, internet printing and all. I will remember that as I am lost without the internet.

Racing out to catch the plane, they handed me a bag to take with me. Water, muffin, apple and breakfast bar. It came in handy as we had a two hour wait on the runway and got handy.

All in all, for being tired and just wanting a place to bunk down, I was surprised that it ended up to be a nice place to stay.

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd? Share your experiences!