“Rude front desk” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brunswick, Ohio
“Rude front desk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother in law for her birthday. We booked the hotel through Hotels.com the day before and paid in full with no issues. When we got to the hotel though, they advised us they had no reservation in place for us.
The front desk clerk, Tracy, was extremely rude and unhelpful from the beginning. We stood in the lobby for over an hour while she argued with Hotels.com. They even faxed her a receipt showing we paid for the room, and she would not accept that, and kept trying to make us pay again for the room. When we tried to explain, again, that we had already paid, she told us to "zip it". She finally let us in the room an hour and a half later after she decided we weren't lying.
I was extremely unhappy with her attitude; we have stayed at this hotel many times before, but will never stay again as she has ruined this hotel for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Chris Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff here was extremely helpful and friendly. The front desk girl printed out directions for me and found out how long it would take to get to my meeting. She also gave me great directions over the phone from the car rental place when I called. I frequently stay at Hampton Inns, and this was one of the better ones.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback on your most recent stay. I am glad to hear you loved the hotel. We strive for excellent customer service in all of our staff members and a great product. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Again thank you for the great review and we will see you soon.

Cranberry Township, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

hotel was in a great location (close to highway and several resturants). Very clean, staff friendly, a nice lobby, good breakfast. Would stay again if we are ever in that area! Wish we had enough time to use the indoor pool, it looked welcoming. The business center and exercise room were very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Because of a 6:15am flight we stayed at this Hampton the night before. The hotel staff were very helpful. The bed was good and room was quiet. Even though we had to leave before the complimentary breakfast was served, the breakfast staff and the front desk staff arranged it for us to have anything from the wide selection of food (hot oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juices, toast, rolls, cold cereal, etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed are park and fly program. It is a great way to start and end your vacation. The on the go Breakfast bags are perfect for those early morning flights. I hope you enjoyed your trip and will come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Swanton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Overall, the stay was great. The room was clean. The only complaint I had about the room was the floor/ceiling. I could hear the person above me walking around the room. Luckily, it stopped around 10:30 pm, so it didn't last all night, but I could see that being a potential problem. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had some loud guests above you. If this ever happens to you in the future please call the front desk and we will be happy to call up to the room and calm them down. I am pleased to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you back here in the near future.

Whitehouse, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

stayed here because we had an early early flight from Cleveland airport. they were very helpful with shuttle to airport and a bonus you can park and leave your car at the hotel for a flat $15. and they packed us a morning breakfast since we had to be at the airport by 5:00 a.m. Thank You!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Carpet to be laid, Knotty pine to be rid of dead mold, wood filler to be used to create a surface for new stain to match the exiting wood of 73 years. Then a clear protectant cat isz over it all and it is beautiful. But 2 days to dry.

So I phoned various hotels but prices are very high & the one tat I could walk to is $99 for that night so I took it. Being GOLD HiltonHHonors member I am upgraded to s king suite with jacuzzi. They have a pool with hot tub next to it by a glass door But he privacy of my own to relax in. No wine & cheese, but a club next door that is IRISH with food & drink with great entertainment. So I had a meal with a band playing and enjoyed my night there.

Back to go to sleep for 11 hours, free breakfast which had personal omelettes, canadian bacon, potatoes that were more like home fries. Then toast, bagels, danish, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee & tea. Something for everyone. 10 minutes to the airport with their van or a car you are using. 10 minutes to downtown if weather is good.

Room Tip: Join HiltonHHonors, stay 20 times a year & you are GOLD & get a suite if not old out. You f...