“Great staff...given the circumstances” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military Family Discounts
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brooklyn
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great staff...given the circumstances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I arrived late with my family (around 11:45pm) and had to get up at 7:30 for a flight. Upon arriving at our room I was greeted by about 10 very loud and drunk guests all in their mid 50's. They decided that the best place to continue their party was literally right outside the door to my room. I could see about half of them through the peephole. They were all very loud and laughing hysterically and a few were running up and down the halls. I called the front desk to complain and to the manager's credit someone came up and dispersed the drunkards so I finally got to sleep around 1am only to be bolted out of bed at 2:40am by the hotel fire alarm. Upon exiting outside the manager at the front desk was apologizing as we were walking by him.. The hotel cleared out and waited in the parking lot for the fire department. Someone from the 3rd floor had come out and said there was smoke on the 3rd floor. About an hour later the all clear was given. It took a while for me and my family to go back to sleep. But lo and behold the staff had managed to slip my bill under my door sometime between 4 & 7am. When I went down to the front desk and asked them if they would comp my room or give me credit for a night's stay at another hotel they didn't bat an eye. They gave me the night for free. Some [--] on the 3rd floor had sprayed a full canister of a fire extinguisher and this was what set off the alarm. The hotel obviously has cameras everywhere so it wouldn't be hard to locate the culprit. While the evening was not a well rested one, I will say the staff was fantastic & the beds and pillows were comfortable (what little amount I used them). I've always had good experiences at Hampton Inns and other than the rude guests on this particular evening, the hotel was nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay. We do applogize for the noice coming from a room accross the hallway from you. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to calm them down for you. We try to maintain top customer service and a restful envirorment. Unfortunately some guest do not follow this policy all of the time.

Again thank you for your comments

Chris Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I recently spent the night at the Hampton Inn in Brooklyn, OH. The location is convenient to 480. Close to several restaurants. Our room was comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave in our room. I went to the pool with my kids and they enjoyed doing that. The breakfast was delicious. I was impressed with the selection of items. My son really likes to be able to make waffles when we stay at hotels. We also liked the eggs and sausage that were available.

The only thing that I didn't like is that they have the in-room coffee maker in the bath room and that the coffee maker hadn't been cleaned out. There was still coffee in it when we got into our rooms.

Overall, it was nice and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chris44144, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank You so very much for taking the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel. I am so glad, that despite the inconvenience of our renovation, you still really enjoyed your stay, our pool, and our breakfast.. Hampton's new and improved breakfast has certainly been a hit since they have added the waffles.
Our Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeping Staff have been alerted to the coffee pot mishap, and can guarantee it won't happen again.
Again, Thank You for all of your feedback! We look forward to having you stay with us again, and enjoy our new Perfect Mix Lobby!

Jill Wooster
Front Office Manager
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed in the Hampton Inn at the Cleveland Airport the night before running the 2012 Cleveland Marathon. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable, nice linens, plenty of towels, free wifi and lots of tv channels to choose from. The hotel is located within easy access to plenty of restaurants and shopping as well. The hotel normally serves breakfast starting at 6am but due to many people there for the marathon they had everything available before 5am which was very nice and unexpected. My only complaints were not really anything the hotel could do anything about, there were some noisy drunks in the halls throughout the night and into the morning. I was awakened often but not the hotel's fault at all. They are also remodeling the lobby, so while slightly inconvenient and unattractive, I did not hold the hotel responsible for this, they have to do it sometime! We chose the jacuzzi king room to relax a little before the 26.2 miles I was planning to run and it was great! Nice big tub and I was in heaven!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments on your most recent stay with us. I am glad we could be your home away from home as you embarked on the 26 mile marathon in our city. We are so excited to be transforming our lobby into the Perfect mix Lobby. It will look fantastic when it is completed!!! I apprecitate your understanding as the renovation takes place.

Again thank you so much for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!!

Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I love the covers and bed!! I wish I could have taken them home! The room was nice, clean and spacious. I didn't hear any noise(not even trains) but my friend stayed across the hall, she said she heard the train a couple times but nothing too bad. If in the Cleveland area again, I would stay here for sure. We only talked to the staff once at check in but they were very helpful and nice. The only negative I can say is I did not like the showerhead at all....but the bedding made up for it : )

Room Tip: I stayed on the side that faces the main road(front of building) and did not hear the trains.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind comments on your most recent stay. One of the many things people tell us is how soft and comfortable are cloud nine bedding is. I am glad to hear you felt the same. We look forward to having you back soon!!!!

Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Speedy, friendly check in. Room was very clean and quiet. Free wifi was a plus. A bottle of water in the room would have made it even better. Breakfast was well done with attentive, friendly service. Better than expected. And was only 114 bucks with tax. Can't beat it.

Stayed March 2012
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest feel like our hotel is there home away from home. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the last 1-2 years for business nearby. Most recent stay was in 2/12. Always reliable, clean, a good night's sleep. My colleague and I have had no bad experiences with the service, manager, or anyone else. Nothing luxurious though! When I say basic, I mean basic. Plain and simple, no frills. But clean, not falling apart. Breakfast buffet in the morning is edible but don't expect delicious. There's a Panera across the road (highway?) so if you have a car, go that route. I won't mind going back here next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for the comments on your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service and product!! I did want to mention to you however for future stays a couple of the projects we are working on in 2012. First our fitness room will be re done with all new equipment and dumbells by this summer. Second our lobby is in the process of being converted to the Perfect Mix Lobby which will give this area a whole new look and feel Morning, afternoon and evening. The lobby is due to be completed by this fall. We hope these changes along with the services that we have already changed in 2011 ( hd tv, increased speed for wireless internet etc) will make the Hampton Inn Brooklyn Ohio stand out against all the rest!!!!

Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Despite booking this property the same day and arrive in the afternoon, my gold benefits (which include a bottle of water and a bag of chex mix) already in my room. it was a decent size room come with a long sofa. Wifi works well. I especially like the area have a few chain restaurant like Steak & Shake, and TGI Fridays within short walking distance. Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. My flight wasn't depart until 5pm, and I don't have a problem requesting late check out at 2pm, and it was honored. Someone mentioned the train with the horns all night long, I could only hear that a few times during the day but not overnight hours.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Chris44144, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our Breakfast Bar and Stay connected Hi Speed Wifi. We know that the two most important things to a travel these days is High Speed reliable internet and a hot hardy breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again soon!!!

Chris Ellis

Been to Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport-Tiedeman Rd? Share your experiences!