“Not the best HIE” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Brook Park
Canton, MI
“Not the best HIE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Pros: Close to Cleveland Hopkins Airport, free breakfast.
Cons: Made me wait when I arrived as there was no one at the desk for a few minutes (I could hear talking in the back room but there was no bell), bed was not as comfy as I’ve found elsewhere at HIE, refrigerator compressor so loud I unplugged it, there was a coffee pot in the room but they neglected to leave me any coffee, no guide in room for television stations, and the parking lot was a mess (hoping they were preparing to repave). There were two almost identical lamps in the room; one on bedside stand and the other on the desk. Desk lamp had electric outlets built in – bedside did not. Why buy two styles?...most everyone has electronics they need to plug in bedside! I switched them (wonder if they noticed?).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Brookpark - Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for staying smart with us. I would like to thank you for your feedback and would like to sincerely apologize for your inconvenience during your stay. We have taken the necessary actions to re train staff and fix all issues that you had experienced with our facilities. Please contact us at 216.433.0004 and I would be glad to honor IHG reward points for the inconvenience. Please ask for the General Manager.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a good hotel and reliable like other Holiday Inn Express's.
It has a nice pool. The breakfast was a little smaller then many other Holiday Inn Express's that I have been to.

The staff was very friendly.

It is also close to the Zoo which was nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Amit P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Brookpark - Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for staying smart with us! We are honored that you enjoyed your stay. please do come back and see us soon!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed on June 25. The room was fine for the price and the breakfast was good. The staff were helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you have to catch an early flight as it was a far better value than some of the other major chains.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest-

Thank you for staying smart with us! We appreciate your business and please do come back and see us again soon!

Management
Crossville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here on June 13th, 2013 and awoke very sore. The beds are very hard with no options for softer ones. The hotel is going through renovations and the Parking lot is a mess. I was given a new room on the 3rd floor and everything was perfect except the bed. I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone that has trouble sleeping on extra firm mattresses.

Room Tip: Check the beds and bathrooms ASAP upon arrival. Room changes become harder later in the evening.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amit P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Brookpark - Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
First off, I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our newly renovated facility. Yes, the beds are more firm due to the fact that they are new. I truly want to apologize for this. Please contact us at bhiexpress@aol.com and I would like to provide you with priority club points to compensate for the inconvenience you had experienced. We are doing everything we can to ensure your stay is of satisfactory.
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed with my family and we enjoyed our stay. There isn't much to do unless you are going to the airport, but we found a few things. The staff was very friendly each time we walked by them. My son loved their simple but clean pool. We could walk to a local restaurant or a Bob Evans from the hotel. Plus just about an hour from Cedar Point!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Berea, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here on April 27th I had a 2 queen bed with fridge and micro. Room was beautiful and very clean! I originally was going to book my reservation through Expedia, they showed the hotel had a pool and hot tub, but I ended up just going straight to the Holiday Inn website and made my reservation. I had placed a few phone calls to the hotel before Arrival, and Raj was extremely nice and very helpful. When arriving at the hotel my check in was fast and the lady was very courteous. I was disappointed when i found out they do not have the hot tub anymore that it was taken out during their reconstruction. the air conditioning unit in 209 was not strong and the windows did not open so my room was sort of hot but wasnt too uncomfortable. the pool was relaxing. The breakfast was great!!! I was extremely surprised at the variety. I was expecting cereal, or a muffin, maybe a bagel, coffee and juice. No they had the whole shebang! Eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, pastries, pancakes, everything!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently close to Cleland Hopkins Airport. There is a board that gives flight information-in the lobby. Rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is great and hotel personnel very helpful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brookpark - Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!