“Snippy receptionist and ridiculous reservation requirements” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   142 Campbell Hill Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bowling Green
Herndon, Virginia
“Snippy receptionist and ridiculous reservation requirements”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I use Hampton Inn exclusively but have never experienced such poor service as at the Bowling Green location. On the three separate occasions I used this location the receptionists were snippy and terse whenever I called for a reservation. Unlike any other Hampton Inn, this location never sent an email reservation and they failed to record my phone number properly so I received no email or phone call reminder about the reservation.
This location sells out during peek times when BGSU students return and depart and you must book at least 6-8 months in advance. Not having an email reservation number to refer to is when my plans changed I had no reservation number to refer to.
Hotel selections at Bowling Green are limited and I rely on Hampton Inn for that quality. The facilities and accommodations are very good, if you can get a reservation...Good luck.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
samibgnoh, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our service and facilities for our guests. Our property takes great pride in treating our guests with satisfactory customer service. We make it our mission to provide our guests with a pleasant stay and should a problem arise we rectify the situation immediately.

However we can only address problems and concerns of guests who stay at our property, had the person stayed in our hotel we would have had the opportunity to help him with any concerns or problems he may have had. Furthermore, we feel that a person who did not stay with us cannot justify or evaluate our property.

Taking care of our guests is our number one priority, unfortanately it is impossible for us to accommodate people that do not stay with us.

Sami Abou-Dahech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Detroit, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have stayed at many Hampton Inn and although they are usually more than adaquate.This particular Hampton Inn has elegant feel not found in the others. It has lovely large Breakfast area . Employees were very friendly and the breakfast attendant was very helpful with a beautiful smile . I was suprised that it was EIGHT years old-it was exceptionally clean and well-maintained.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

i came to university of boligreen for job interview i stayed at the Hampton inn my stay was perfect and thank u for hampton stuff for thier servais i felt as if i'm at home

Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Over the course of the past four years, I have had the opportunity to conduct training classes at the Hampton Inn in Bowling Green. A number of the students which I have instructed have stayed at the motel as have I. Sammi, Michelle, Rosie, Michael, Mina and the rest of the staff do a wonderful job of taking care of your every need. They are always pleasant, professional and helpful.. The rooms as well as the rest of the facility are always quite clean, well stocked and in great repair. I have spent enough time at the location that they truly make me feel as though I am part of their family. I can not say enough positive things about the facilty and the staff here. I wish they were at every location that I frequent. Keep up the good work!!!

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had exceptional service at check-in, and the front desk staff was extremely friendly throughout our stay. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a business centre available 24 hours; it was equipped with 2 computers and all the essentials, including a printer, pens, paper, paper clips, a thesaurus, and a dictionary. There was also free wi fi available. The hotel is located off I-75 and it's close to restaurants, fast food places, a gas station, and Bowling Green University. The breakfast provided was great and Mina, the hostess, was really friendly and came around to say hi to everyone and to provide us with complimentary mints to take on the road. The only down side was that I didn't see any recycling bins anywhere.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Excellent accomdations and outstanding personable service ! Very clean and a great breakfast. Make the trip for team travel here once a here and will always stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hudson, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn while touring University of Toledo and Bowling Green University. It was very clean and in a fabulous location. The rooms were spacious and the breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!