“Breath of Fresh Air” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11349 Reed Hartman Hwy, Blue Ash, OH 45241 (Formerly Gama Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Indiana
“Breath of Fresh Air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times on business trips. The first time I walked in I immediately loved the hotel, because the air and atmosphere in the lobby is great-- can really take in a good deep breath of fresh air. No smoking in this hotel, which is great, because I can't stand cigarette smoke in the hallways like alot of hotels have.

The staff are very pleasant to be around, especially Olga, who is the blonde there in the mornings. They make you feel very welcome there. So if a manager of this hotel reads this, props to her please, she is one of the reasons I wanted to come back.

Room is spacious for the price, alot better then most hotels I have stayed at. Room to walk around, and places to sit. Also, the room is situated well-- everything seems to be in a good place. Beds are soft, but not too soft.

Things I disliked:

WiFi internet was a little slow. Not deathly slow like some places I have stayed at, but still slow. I think I topped out at 50 kbps.

Parking is bad on busy days. I work late, so sometimes when I get back to the hotel, I have to park in the business complexes parking lot to the right of the hotel because all the spaces are taken.

Bathroom could have been bigger... I would have traded some of the space in the living area for a jacuzzi or something in the bathroom if it was an option.

Breakfast wasn't that good. Same thing every day. Eggs, sausage, toast, and waffles.

• Liked — atmosphere-- the freshness of the air in the hotel, and the attitude projected by the staff
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

Stayed here 2 nights back in June for Bus. and wished I was somewhere else. This must be a family ran franchise since the whole time I was there I seen the same 3 people working. The room was clean and spacious but rough around the edges. The landscaping inside the lobby area is hilarious and looks like it was done by a 4 year old! Breakfast in the morning was another joke. Hope you like room temp milk and juice as they leave these sitting out for hours without ice. Seems like this could be a health hazard! I've stayed in 4 or 5 that were worse, but I will not be back!

• Liked — Bed was comfy,slept well
  • Disliked — pretty much everything else.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to find another place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

We were not sure what to expect based on the mixed reviews we had read but overall , not a bad stay. Not very many nearby choices for dining or drinks. Hotel is located is a corporate business area. Choices for dining were Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays .. and a bit further McDonalds and Wendys. If you drive down Reed Hartman towards the airport there is a BW3.
The hotel is a bit older but well kept .. probably used to be another chain and has been refurbished. The free continental breakfast was like all the other Choice Hotel chains ... not much to brag about .. the usual ... bagels, danish and this one had (microwaved) sausage patties .. along with the standard "make your own" waffles. What ever happened to biscuit / gravy and donuts?? Staff was very friendly. We used Choice points for a free room .. not sure I would have been as satisfied if I had been paying full price.

• Liked — Ease of check inn .. easy to find
  • Disliked — Lack of variety on breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to find a place to eat before it gets dark . ..not a bad area but will have to drive a bit to find some
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

We chose to stay at this hotel because it was the best rate that we could find in the Cincinnati area that would allow my family of six to stay at no extra charge per person. The package offer that included area attraction tickets was a good deal. The hotel was a bit run down, but clean for the most part. There is a microwave and a refridgerator in the suite. The fridge was noticably old and the small freezer compartment was broken. The wooden lattice room divider was broken in a couple places. The beds were semi-comfortable, but the pull-out mattress was very thin. There is no room serivce, but we found a couple pizza places that would deliver. There is a continintal breakfast in the mornings with such things as pre-made waffle mix and a waffle iron, a variety of pastries, and three types of cereal. There is a rectangle pool and sauna available until 10 pm. When I called to the front desk to ask for more towels, I was asked to come and get them myself (twice). The next time that we visit the Cincinnati area, we will probably not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2006
Bedford, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

My daughter and I stayed overnight while attending an Indians-Reds game on June 30, 2006. The hotel is near the junction of I-71 and I-275 for easy access to ammenities. Plenty of shopping and eating facilities within an easy drive. It's about a 20 minute drive to the downtown area, but we felt that easy access to shopping malls and resturants in Blue Ash commensated for the drive.

Plenty of free parking, although the front lot fills up quickly. Exterior of the building is well maintained, although the condensate dripping from the room air conditioners is beginning to erode the masonry work. The lobby is considered "New Orleans" style, which is basically just wrought iron railings on the walkways overlooking the small atrium lobby.

Check-in was very quick and efficient. The clerk did not provide any information about the hotel other than how to get to our room. However, she had a very professional demeanor and I'm sure she would have provided all we wanted to know had we asked. No problems with billing or the reservations at all.

The room was a suite, with a King bed, roll away sofa in an area away from the main bedroom. It included a microwave and a small refrigerator. The room had plenty of towels and bedding, including the sofabed. The sofabed was comfortable, but not nearly as so as the bed. The room was clean and did not have any odors. The cooling unit was relatively quiet, and did not require any further adjustment to keep the room comfortable all night. The bathroom had the sink outside of the toilet/shower area, which gave some extra room to iron clothes, shave, blow-dry hair, etc. There was no fan in the shower area, so it added some humidity to the room when you opened the shower to the main room area. We did not hear any noise from the elevator, which was very near our room. In the morning there were some children running through the lobby, but the noise was muffled and easily ignored.

My one disappointment was with the continental breakfast. There were three types of dry cereal, the eggs and sausage were cold and needed to be microwaved prior to eating. The toaster did not always work. It had to be coaxed to releasing the toast.

I would definitely stay here again, just plan to go out for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2006
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

Definetely not a three star hotel. Very heavy room freshener smell, very worn out bathroom. Pieces missing from the lattice wall panel seperating the living space from the beds. Dresser drawers falling apart, bottom of bathroom door broken and split, and the fold out couch was a mess. The entire matteress support fabric was either unhooked, or broken away from the metal frame. Fortunately only my youngest wanted to sleep on it. Breakfast was fair to good. Waffles were good, two slices of four slice toaster were broken. Not much bang for your buck. Will find another suite hotel the next time we pass through this area again.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2005

This hotel was rated 3 stars on other web sites. It is definately not 3 stars and even a very low 2 stars. The rooms appeared clean but with an overwhelming smell of room freshner - even after several hours of being away from the room.

The bathtub was fine the first night we stayed but after it was cleaned for our second night stay it was so slippery that I slipped and bruised my leg. Even after telling my daughter it was slippery she also slipped and fell onto her knees.

The free breakfeast has only two slots of a four slot toaster working and the juices (apple and orange) were warm.

The area around the outdoor swimming pool was so rought the kids were complaining about walking on it.

This is not the worst hotel we have stayed in but it is no where near one of the nicer hotels.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!