“Needs an update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11349 Reed Hartman Hwy, Blue Ash, OH 45241 (Formerly Gama Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Blue Ash
cleveland, ohio
“Needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

When you drive up to the hotel, it looks new from the outside. Unfortunately the hotel needs to be updated. The lobby is very dark and sad looking.The woman who greeted us, Olga, was lovely and the warm cookies were delicious. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi room. Unfortunately, the jacuzzi is in the living room and is not useable when traveling with a family. Having it in the bathroom would be better. The room was clean, but the bathroom was very small. The shower/tub has been partially updated. They must have put a cover over the old tub, this raises the tub up and makes the shower head very low. I am only 5'4" and was almost as tall as the shower head. The bed was very comfortable. The ceilings have that popcorn effect and the walls look like dripping paint, they could make it look nicer--lots of competition in the area. Breakfast was OK. I got the room for a very good price, otherwise I would be disappointed.

Room Tip: Check your college alumni association, they may have discounts.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding Memorial Day weekend, the hotel was great. The rooms were super nice and updated and very well kept, clean, organized, nicely decorated. Although, I will say at first arrival I was a little concerned what the rooms would look like, thank this hotel for updating the rooms and NOT the lobby like most hotels. The lobby needs some work its rather outdated, however, I'd take this any day over a lackluster hotel room. We are a family of 4 and our suite was perfect for us for 2 nights. Pull out couch was comfy and operational, new and clean. Staff at all times very friendly, pool in great shape, clean and neat. The only negative I could say is their vending area could be updated and that is about it! it's a great deal for the money.

• Stayed May 2010
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

exceeded all expectations. Beautiful hotel with atrium, comfortable beds...and clean clean clean. One of the nicest CI Suites we have stayed in.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in 7/09 and I am just writing a review (12/09). I am remembering to because my husband and I liked it and we are returning. I see some mixed reviews from a few years ago. I tihnk the place have changed and improved. The was a NOLA style theme which was nice large lobby, nice. The room was clean and spacious. stayed in the suite. I liked the separate kitchen /living area and the separate bath/ shower with French doors. The front desk workers did seem lazy and uninterested however the housekeeping staff (one lady) was extremely helpful and nice. It was her last day and I tipped her $10. I just hope I get another like her. A lot of local resturants down the street. Rubys in the lot. I am staying again and I will be back to review it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

I'm not sure why this place has mixed reviews. Maybe it's under new management, because I just stayed at the location and it completely exceeded my expectations. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the older reviews which are not that positive.

The room was a suite-style room with a low dividing wall and very spacious. Everything was clean. The place is quiet and there is free high speed internet. Not only that, but the prices were lower than most hotels in the area!

I really think this place is a great bargain, I'm happy to return. Good deal overall.

Stayed September 2007
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times on business trips. The first time I walked in I immediately loved the hotel, because the air and atmosphere in the lobby is great-- can really take in a good deep breath of fresh air. No smoking in this hotel, which is great, because I can't stand cigarette smoke in the hallways like alot of hotels have.

The staff are very pleasant to be around, especially Olga, who is the blonde there in the mornings. They make you feel very welcome there. So if a manager of this hotel reads this, props to her please, she is one of the reasons I wanted to come back.

Room is spacious for the price, alot better then most hotels I have stayed at. Room to walk around, and places to sit. Also, the room is situated well-- everything seems to be in a good place. Beds are soft, but not too soft.

Things I disliked:

WiFi internet was a little slow. Not deathly slow like some places I have stayed at, but still slow. I think I topped out at 50 kbps.

Parking is bad on busy days. I work late, so sometimes when I get back to the hotel, I have to park in the business complexes parking lot to the right of the hotel because all the spaces are taken.

Bathroom could have been bigger... I would have traded some of the space in the living area for a jacuzzi or something in the bathroom if it was an option.

Breakfast wasn't that good. Same thing every day. Eggs, sausage, toast, and waffles.

• Liked — atmosphere-- the freshness of the air in the hotel, and the attitude projected by the staff
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

Stayed here 2 nights back in June for Bus. and wished I was somewhere else. This must be a family ran franchise since the whole time I was there I seen the same 3 people working. The room was clean and spacious but rough around the edges. The landscaping inside the lobby area is hilarious and looks like it was done by a 4 year old! Breakfast in the morning was another joke. Hope you like room temp milk and juice as they leave these sitting out for hours without ice. Seems like this could be a health hazard! I've stayed in 4 or 5 that were worse, but I will not be back!

• Liked — Bed was comfy,slept well
  • Disliked — pretty much everything else.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to find another place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!