“Will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Dallas
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

I have stayed here a couple times while traveling on business. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. The hotel was quiet.

My only complaint is that I could not get Wifi in my room. The manger explained that they had just changed providers and were having a few problems.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mason, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I found my stay at the Clarion far less than my expectation, largely due to cutting corners in nearly every service of the hotel. My baseline of comparison are chains like the Hampton Inn. Examples include:

- Breakfast - biscuits with gelatinous gravy slop, largely stale bagels, no yogurt, subpar fruit (outwardly rotten fruit on one day) - terrible when compared to a Hampton Inn

- Complimentary newspaper - only if up early enough to get 1 of about 20 available copies

- Internet - wireless not available on my arrival, no provision for hooking into DSL. Business "center" consists of 1 connected computer and a poorly functioning printer

- Shower - The shower head in our room came out at the 4 foot level. I am of average height, yet I still had to do a deep knee bend to wash my hair

- Pool was being serviced during my stay, which was fine because I was informed of this prior to my visit. However, the entire first floor of the hotel had a very heavy solvent smell for an entire day as a result of the pool being serviced.

Overall, I would not stay there again. While I think the staff could potentially function fine, to my eye, they are not given the resources or facilities to do so.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

We just needed some time away from home and made use of a coupon we had. It is a wonderful place to stay in. Room looked clean and organised. The customer service was awesome. Hotel is really close to a lot of restaurants. Will definitely recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2005
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

This is still a nice place to stay with the kids. We were here 4 years ago, to take the kids to Kings Island and came back again this year. Although you can tell the hotel is getting older, it still has a nice pool, nice pool side bar and a decent complimenmtary breakfast. Also, its location to Kings Island is perfect. The king suites are roomy and have a seperate door between the main bedroom and the sleeper sofa.

• Stayed July 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Clarion Suites for one night in early March this year. We paid $65 including tax for a suite. Overall I would say that for the price it was a good stay.
First the positives: great location right near highway 71; nice parking; clean fairly large rooms; nice pool and lobby; good value for $$$
Now the negatives: cracked tile floor in bathroom, busted deadbolt lock on door, noisy room (we had an interior room and it was very loud, you could hear children screaming in the pool right next door); dissappointing continental breakfast (not much to choose from, dirty wafflemaker, many children running around in restaurant)
I would probably stay there again since it was such a good price compared with other area hotels. Overall it was clean, safe, and an above average experience. Just be sure to ask for a room that is not near the pool to avoid the noise.

• Stayed March 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

We stayed at the Clarion in Cincinnati over the President's Day Weekend, for a family get-together. We rented two adjoining rooms, a request that was smoothly accomodated. Our rooms were clean and well-appointed, if a smidge cramped. We used wireless internet which inexplicably worked in one room better than the other. Overall, the service was cheerful and unobtrusive. A few minor housekeeping glitches (missing hand towels, etc.) were remedied promptly. Breakfast was above average - the usual muffins and bagels were supplemented with a few fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs, do-it-yourself waffles, and a nice selection of juices. The lobby is a lovely atrium area with a small pool and a bar. We tried out the pool - nice and warm, lots of chlorine but probably no more than average. The poolside towel rack was empty when we were there. One day we noticed a strong smokey smell in our (non-smoking) room - Was it from the hall? The next room? The maid? I would say the soundproofing is also better than average - the weekend we were there, the hotel was filled with a traveling group of cheerleaders, but they didn't keep us awake. All in all, I can recommend the Clarion for better-than-basic accommodations.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

I will agree with the other reviewer, the hotel was ok but noisy. Upon arrival request an EXTERIOR perimeter room. The interior rooms face the pool and sometimes are quite noisy. Overall I could not complain about this hotel. As a travelling consultant I was booked here for week long stints over several months. The service was adequate, the rooms as well. the only complaint I could have was that at least at first I always got an interior room. After that, upon request, they would get me one facing the exterior if available.

That said, they have an excellent bar/eating area and the staff are friendly, I would recommend to stay there based on the price vs. what is available at the hotel. If convenience to the highway and friendly staff are on your list then this is the hotel for you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!