“Better than anticipated” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Waco, Texas
“Better than anticipated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in April on a business trip. Reading previous reviews it seemed to be ok, but not great. Well, I'm here to tell you that if something was wrong, it has been corrected. I had the best stay. All the staff were extremely friendly & pleasant. Always with a smile and saying hello. The bed was very comfortable, that I didn't even move during the night. This is an older hotel, but they are making improvements. My room was very clean. The only negative is that I found the pillows to be a bit rough in texture. Not sure what they were made out of but it's not feather and it's not foam. The pillow cases felt like a rough terry cloth and took a little getting use to. I appreciated the non-slip touch in the bathtub. The towels could use a bit of downy for softening. They were very rough feeling as well. The other issues are merely cosmetic. The rooms could use a new coat of paint & brighter "happy" colors instead of the brown tones are not a eye pleaser. Good tv and I really enjoyed my dinner in the restaurant. I had the filet mignon with baked potatoe and veggies. The steak was fabulous!! Very tender and easy to eat, cooked perfectly as medium rare. I was on the 5th floor and it was very nice & quiet. I will stay here again the next time I'm in town for business.

Room Tip: I always ask for the highest floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Txponygirl:
First of all, thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Cinti. Blue Ash. Your comments are greatly appreciated and they have been passed on to the entire staff. It is refreshing to learn that your room was clean to your standards and that your meals and service were to the level that you would recommend us. Thank you again, Danny Hill, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Warren, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Sometimes you stay at a property where a 1 to 5 star rating doesn't seem like it's enough. This was one of those hotels. If I could have I'd give it a 3 1/2 rating but can't.

Arrived at the hotel and being a bit of a travel nerd I could tell that this was one very old hotel that judging from the windows in the lobby and the lobby area began it's life as a Ramada Inn many years ago. The lobby area was decent and the check-in wasn't particularly friendly nor would I call them rude. "Going through the motions" was the feeling I got.

The atrium area looked well maintained but was eerily quiet throughout my entire stay. I think I saw maybe one person take a quick dip in the pool throughout my entire stay.

The labyrinth of hallways showed quite a bit of wear and tear and the carpeting was a bit older but nothing that was too bad.

The room wasn't bad at all. Newer carpeting, a big comfy bed with decent bedding and a large flat screen TV made a good first impression. The bathroom was older but very clean and featured the typical nice Crowne Plaza shower head with plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

I had no problems with the high speed internet, reliable signal and acceptable speed.

I would have no problem staying here again in the future and do recommend.

Room Tip: Atrium facing rooms have no outside light. Not a big deal for me but could be for some.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. You have a good eye and are quite correct that the hotel was built as a Ramada Inn! I am glad you brought the going through the motions front desk agent to my attention. We will use that information to for further training of our staff. We have recently competed a project to update our guest rooms & TVs, and I am happy to hear your positive feedback. We continue to work with our wireless internet provider to provide top notch service, and am happy to hear it worked well for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!
MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel and room were clean. Hotel has a neat feel to it once you get into the breakfast and pool area. Beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was very small. Location was wonderful for food and shopping, just a quick drive on I71 to a great area. We would probably stay here again given the right price, but this hotel didn't "wow" us by any means.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for taking your valuable time to submit your review. Your comments are very important to us. Danny Hill - General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my second attempt at finding a nice hotel off the I71 in Cincinnati. The good part is the size of the room. It is a double roomed, room a bit like a small apartment and is comfortable and spacious. Down sides are very noisy hot air blowers in both rooms. The main restuarant has not opened once in 9 nights, so dinner is served in the bar. The hotel staff seem to be on a competition to see who can wear the dirtiest uniforms and the hotel has the cheek to leave a card in the room asking guests to rate the service as a ten. The internet service also drops out every 10 minutes. I will not be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am sorry that your experience was below expectations, and we will use your feedback to correct these issues for future guests. Our Atrium Restaurant is only open for Breakfast & Lunch every day, and Dinner is served daily in the Lobby Lounge, and I will be making sure our future guests are informed of this on arrival. We continue to work with our wireless provider to give the best service available. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback,
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a business traveler and was only in the area for one night, but I was pleased with this property. It was very quiet in my room. The bed was comfortable and everything worked correctly. The breakfast bar was very good and had a lot of choices. The property is an older property, but met all my needs. The staff in the restaurant and at the desk were very friendly too.

Room Tip: King size bed with sofa bed very roomy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Lynn:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass you comments along to the staff so that they are recognized for a job well done. THanks again - Danny Hill, General Manager
Bristol PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I arrived I waited at the front desk for a while until someone showed up to help me. This was due to the key card machine not working. I pricelined the room and got it for $70/night so I can't complain. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was very small. I am guessing that had something to do with my reservation being done through Priceline. I can't put my finger on it but this Crowne Plaza just felt like a lower end hotel.

Dear Scalwag:
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash. Yes, the computer for a electronic keys crashed and it did take some extra time to get the appropraite keys made for our guests. My apologizes. Danny Hill - General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in a king room (four pillows) with sofa bed at the end of the hall on the top floor. The room was clean (although there was a small piece of baseboard tile missing in the bathroom), and everything worked. There was an outlet at the base of the bedside and desk lamps. I enjoy tea, so I'm in the habit of running a couple of cups of plain water through the coffeemaker first. After that, there was no coffee taste, so I doubt the coffeemaker was very dirty to start with. Toiletries supplied were shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and 2 small bars of soap. The shower curtain was plenty long enough. I was here for a conference, and had one breakfast in the dining area and one in a private dining area for our group. Each featured hot scrambled eggs, bacon & sausage, French toast & warm syrup, tasty muffins. There were some cold cereals and I think I remember some sort of potato dish & perhaps gravy. Oatmeal was available in the dining area. Lunch was the sandwich & soup & salad buffet in the main dining area--not much choice but cost less than $10 (even less if you only have soup & salad). Dinner was a buffet for our group both nights, so I can't comment on the dining room, but our buffets were excellent, except for dessert. The peach cobbler was very good, but the carrot and chocolate cakes were a little dry. The bar is separate from the dining area, opens at 5, and serves dinner. The pool area is very attractive. My only complaint is that some of the stairwells were dirty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Blue Ash with the Daylily convention. These comments will be passed along to the staff for review. Also, thank you for bringing to my attention the condition of the stairways. All the best-Danny Hill, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!