“Too much money for not having HD TV.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Blue Ash
Mogadore, Ohio
“Too much money for not having HD TV.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

They've got the High Definition Televisions but not the high definition package. When you travel the TV is quite often your main source of entertainment.
The staff was friendly and accomodating. Getting in and out of the hotel is no big deal. There is a light. Close to the interstate so getting to where one needs to go is easliy accomplished.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. Our building is currently being wired so we can provide a High Definition signal for our flat screen TVs. Thank you again, Danny Hill - General Manager

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The location.of this.hotel.is right off the freeway. When.checking in that they have a that they have an elevator because i because it is at the back so you bette to carry your luggag up the up the stairs. So it's best to drive your car to reach the to reach the nearest stairwell. smelled like bac smelled like backed up sewage. ran all night lon we called maintenance but they came.the night before we.checked out. My.coworkers.found roaches in their room. Walls.in the rooms.are.very thin!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your recents comments about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. We will try to make improvements to make your stay more enjoyable if ou come back to the Crowne. Thank you again - Danny Hill, General Manager
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located right on a major highway with a # of restaurants in a 5-10min drive. The rooms are very comfortable. The staff is very helpful. If you are a Crowne Plaza reward member, you can request other amenities on the website when you make the reservation. I've stayed here for business several times over the last 9 months and each time is same wrt to staff helpfulness and quality of the room. I have NOT eaten in the restaurant, but we do enjoy the bar. There are just too many other restaurants close by with much variety.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. I have passed your comments along to our staff and they are grateful that you noticed the service. Danny Hill-General Manager
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Myself and 2 daughters just returned from this hotel. Our room was very nice, we booked an executive king that had a great living room. Loved the extra space. We had an issue with our keys stop working 2 times. Te breakfast buffet was pretty good, except the eggs. The pool has a very wiierd location, in the middle of the atrim. I took the stairs twice because the elevator was stuck in between floors and it let out in the a kitchen area on the main floor. I probably wouldnt stay hre again. This hotel is definately more for conventions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Lisa H,
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza. We were installing a large back up generator during your stay and did not have any idea that the electricians were going to cut the power to the elevators for a short test period. My apologies.
There is no excuse for the eggs. I am not sure what happened but I apologize. Thank you again for staying with us. Best regards - Danny Hill, General Manager
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

well I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week for work. It was a very nice hotel with nice touches. The room was clean and staff was very friendly. I must say i wasn't in my room too much since I was working 12s but I would definately recommend the hotel. Also the area in where it was located was quite nice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. I am sharing your comments with the rest of the staff. Best regards-Danny O. Hill, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I checked into this hotel, it seemed a bit small from the outside. However, when the desk attendant told I should probably drive around to door "E" to get closer to my room, I knew I was wrong. The room I was in - 389 - was nice. I loved that it looks as if the decor and TV (flat screen!) have been updated within the past 2-3 years or so. I loved all the channels on the TV, it seems like most hotels seem to skimp on the cable and there is only about 15-20 channels that come in. The room was a pretty good sized one since I was staying with a friend and we both were able to comfortably move around without falling all over each other. There was an indoor pool that was in the middle of the atrium of the hotel. I don't know if I would ever want to swim there since there are rooms that overlook that area, I would feel as if I were on dispaly. The hotel as a weird sort of layout, but the signage was good and I was able to find my way around rather well.

During our stay, there was an incident in which the fire alarm went off at 3:45 in the morning. What I did not like was that I did not see any of the staff outside (we were at the back of the building) checking to make sure everyone had gotten out or even calming our fears that we would not be burned out for the night. However, since there was no smoke, most of us figured it was something simple. We only had to stay outside for 5-10 minutes. My friend, who had walked around to the front of the hotel, came back and stated that he had been told that a pipe to the boiler had burst or something like that but we were able to go back inside.

The next morning, we learned, to our dismay, that there was no hot water, nor was there any water pressure in the shower in our room. I called down to the front desk and she did apologize for the inconvenience and offered to send me to another floor to get showered. I guess to help accomodate everyone, a checkout time of 1 pm, instead of the normal 11 am, was allowed. I was able to go to a room on the 2nd floor that had both hot water and great water pressue and take my shower.

In all, I think the staff did a great job accomodating me and making allowances for the trouble that was caused due to the boiler issue. My friend suggested that I request a free night due to the inconvenience. However, I felt that this was not something that could have been anticipated or prevented, thus, this was not something the hotel should have to make restitution for. It would have been nice if we were informed of what was going on by the staff, but I guess it is a bit difficult to do that with every single guest at the same time. Good job to the staff at the Crowne Plaza and I would stay here any day, without the fire alarm though! :)

Room Tip: If you prefer natural light, ask for a room that faces the outside and not the atrium where the pool...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for your comments about your very recent stay at the Crowne Plaza in Cincinnati Blue Ash. The information you were given was correct about the water issue. A high pressure value on one of the hot water holding tanks in the high rise building that you were staying in ruptured. Unfortunately, these issues sometimes happen in the middle of the night. Please send me a follow-up e-mail to dhill@cpcincinnati.com so that I can make adjustments to your account. We do not expect you to pay for the night that you were inconvenienced. Your comments about the staff will be passed along to them. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. Regards - Danny O. Hill, General Manager
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at this property. This time we spent a day at King's Island followed by a day of shopping at Kenwood. This Hotel is so perfectly situated a short hop to King's Island or my wife's all-time favorite mall. The dining choices in that part of town are endless. Our room was clean. The staff managed to get our party (2 families) into adjoining rooms (nice touch). We were pleasantly surprised to see many of the same friendly faces that greeted us a year ago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Danny H, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear mmarc:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Crowne Plaza Cincinnati Blue Ash. Your comments are very helpful and are shared with the entire team. Thank you again - Danny O. Hill, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!