“They know me” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Blue Ash
Cuisines: Japanese
“They know me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

By far the best sushi in Blue Ash! The owner Jerry and his family make the experience! Jerry is very passionate about his sushi so it's always beautiful, and yuuuummy! He's also very conversational, and takes car of his guests. I sit at the bar when by myself. The hibachi also amazing, you have to try every thing! I just love this place I take everyone to it I can, and have never gotten complaints! I eat here 3-4 times a month. So you could say I'm a regular.

Singapore, Singapore
“Good value Japanese food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Tried KanPai as it was close to the hotel I was staying. Surprisingly good value. $1 wine on Mondays! Ordered a salmon teriyaki bento that came with 2 shrimp tempura, vegetable tempura and 3 large slices of salmon. Large quantity of food. I was stuffed after dinner.

“Accidental find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My son had an Ortho appointment in Sharonville and we checked on here for something different...glad we tried it out! Our waitress was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious!!! Too bad it is not closer to home :(

Kentucky
“Great sushi and quaint atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family discovered this restaurant on the way back to our hotel. We had planned to go to another Japanese restaurant/sushi bar and decided to give it a chance. It was on a Tuesday evening and not very crowded so that was a bit concerning. Turns out, we discovered a gem! The service was excellent and the sushi was great. Our boys had the rice too and it was a huge portion. They have a small hibachi area otherwise, it is set up "cafe style.: The price of the sushi was very reasonable and the soup and salad were excellent/cheap too. It's as good as any sushi bar that I've eaten in and we'll definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Rolls, sashimi passable... no where close to authentic Japanese cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This place came highly recommended for authentic Japanese food, which we thought was too good to be true in U.S., let alone in Blue Ash. The rolls - we had the classic fried shrimp and dragon rolls - had more rice than filling. The batter for the prawn tempura wasn't light and airy nor was it crispy. You can hardly taste the eel in the dragon rolls. However, one plus was that they didn't come drenched with the mayo etc, which you normally see in supermarkets. The sashimi - yellowtail and red snapper - was a bit warm but the meat was firm and fresh. We ordered a beef teriyaki with rice - no where near the Japanese classic nor the advertised "traditional Japanese cuisine" on their website. The miso soup was too thin, bland and tasteless - it was almost like drinking water. The dish looked closer to a chinese hot plate with a couple of roughly chopped slabs of thick steak on it and a weird assortment of vegetables - cucumber, carrots, mushrooms etc underneath - again, not real Japanese. The steak was also too sweet - perhaps the marinade? Generally, the food was tasty but we were told that the chef is Chinese, and the owners - one Chinese and the other Korean. Strange why they didn't turn this into a pseudo Korean/Chinese joint!

• Visited July 2014