“it was okay..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“it was okay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here 4th of July weekend for a trip to Kings Island. We did not spend much time in the room but it was fine, especially for $65. Our room had a microwave and a fridge. We came back to the room after KI the first night (around 1030pm) and we had just bought food at kroger. Microwave didnt work..called the front desk they said they would send someone up, we waited 20 mins and I called back saying no one came up and within 5 mins someone was at the door. He checked it, saw it didnt work, walked our and came back with a new one.

Bathroom door knob was broke and pushed into the door and there was a big hole in door someone just repaired poorly and it was white (door was tan). But that was just cosmetic, didnt bother me but maybe it would someone else.

Everything was very clean! which is always a plus! Only complaints I have is my key didnt work so I walked down to the desk to tell them, they quickly fixed it for me although they never even asked my name or anything which was a little creepy seeing that I could have been anyone! When I got back up to my room I couldnt find my friend..come to find out she was already in the room! she said a cleaning lady let her in. UHHH so you could have just let anyone in my room?!?!?! Based off of that I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
redroofinncincinnati, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that some small issues detracted so much from your stay. You can be sure that security is our utmost concern, and your friend was only let in the room after the housekeeper called down to verify her identity. She also remembered seeing her before. In any case, I apologize for any ways we fell short of your expectations and hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. We value your business very much.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

A friend and I decided to stay at the RRI for the weekend of The On The Run Tour. Check in was at 1pm and we arrived at 4pm and ufortunately when we arrived our room was not ready due to a busy weekend for the hotel so we stood outside the room waiting for the cleaning to be completed. The next morning we called front desk 4 times for clean towels and they didn't arrive until we were literally walking out the room to check out. The front desk was apologetic and blamed the towel issue on the busy weekend again. Not really impressed with the lay out of the room and I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Vijay_GM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Cincinnati - NE - Blue Ash Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not having towels in the morning, and room wasnt done due to we were sold out last night and housekeeping little behind

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Lansing, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm impressed...yes, I can say with delight and satisfaction "the Red Roof Inn & suites" has raised the roof! Rising the "roof" is a term used to indicate the feeling I experienced during my recent stay. I'm eager to express my pleasant satisfaction, because the "Red Roof" "franchise" has suffered under harsh criticism over past couple of decades. Likewise, I was one of their previous guest who was very disappointed to see the franchise suffer. For that reason, I joined in the chorus of guest who said sadly, "I guest the Roof has a hole in it!" Therefore, I'll have to look for better accommodations.
However, to my utter amazement (it's been a decade or more at least) since I stayed in one of their properties. That my mouth dropped wide open because I was "shocked" to see all the wonderful changes. This particular property was very well managed and the rooms were modernized with all the whistles and bells [in room safe, microwave, mini frig etc.]one would expect from a more expensive chain. All the furnishing were like new-the carpet had just been laid. And, the "bed?" A king size executive that royalty would appreciate.
I also was graciously greeted by the Vijay Joshi and applauded him and his staff for an outstanding presentation. Thanks Vijah!
So, the next time you're in the greater Cincinnati area and need great accommodations? I'd gladly ask you to consider the Red Roof Inn Blue Ash, because they've "raised the roof!"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vijay_GM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Guest
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati - NE - Blue Ash Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here 4 nights while relocating out of state. Chose this place because they accept pets. Nice and clean with pleasant front desk staff and accommodating housekeeping staff. Right off interstate 71.

Room Tip: Back of hotel is quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vijay_GM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Blue Ash Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel.
We hope to see you here again whenever you are visiting Cincinnati, OH.
Carroll, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I usually love the Red Roof inn but this time. ouch !! the top sheet had a hole in it. the mattress needed replaced. the plexiglass sign holding the tv listings was so smeary and dirty no one would touch it. the sink was a slow drain. we were on the lower level and all we heard until 2 am was people walking up the steps and down the outside hallway. another couple in the room next to us said there was a hole in the wall. I mentioned the slow drain and the hole when we checked out and he made a note of it and said sorry but that was it. very dissapointed.

Room Tip: no swimming pool. no breakfast. coffee only in the lobby and only ice machine was saw was next to th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vijay_GM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Cincinnati - NE - Blue Ash Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for above described issues.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I always stay here when I'm in the area. It's pretty cheap rooms are clean and nicely furnished and staff is always welcoming. Good internet too. Overall I have zero complaints about this hotel. It's also only about 15 minutes from anywhere you want to be in Cincinnati.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vijei, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you, for having time to say other travelers a few warm words about our place. We getting more proud of our work as we receiving more and more positive feedback from great customers like You. We will do our best to keep up with excellent service and always happy to have you back !
Columbia City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here four nights, and found it to be very convenient for the places we wanted to visit (zoo, aquarium, Taft Museum). It seemed like we were only about 20-30 minutes from all of the places we wanted to visit, and even during rush hour, the traffic wasn't bad. There are good restaurants nearby (City BBQ, Cafe Mediterranean, Rascal's NY Deli), and the surrounding neighborhood is pleasant. Very close to I-71. Gas station, Bob Evans, and Japanese restaurant across the street.

The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean, and the cleaning and office staff were friendly. Lobby coffee was exceptionally good.

Other guests were quiet with the exception of one evening, and that evening they were quiet by 11 p.m., so there was no need to complain.

If we return to Cincinnati, we will very likely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vijei, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you very much for having a spare minute for us to write a positive comments about your stay at Red Roof Inn Blue ash. We are so proud to serve all your needs and happy to hear from you back. We will continue to improve our service and give the best we have to every guest.

Been to Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Northeast - Blue Ash? Share your experiences!