“Average Rating for Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Blue Ash
Lafayette, Indiana
“Average Rating for Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

While the room was as clean and comfortable as expected, the breakfast/service was unusual for Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was lacking several items (boiled eggs, regular oatmeal, coffee was empty, and the help was not interested in accommodating guests.)
Unusual but needed to be noted.

Room Tip: King room is spacious.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Manager3536, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us. We strive to make sure each and every guest has a stress free and comfortable stay. I noted your issues with the breakfast, Breakfast is normally from 6 to 930 every morning. We try to keep a few items out a little later to accommodate everyone. I will talk to the staff and make sure all items are kept fresh and available for all guests.
Again thank you for your business. The whole staff is looking forward to seeing you again!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here with hotwire for $53 before fees. Tis was on a safe industrial park. Very comfy beds. The room was good size with a couch and desk with chair. A good size fridge and microwave. Bathroom was ok.breakfSt area was very small. Get up early to avoid all the kids (we were on the weekend) good gluten free items of yoplait yogurt bananas and I st oatmeal. Coffee was awful at the desk the. Est bet is to strongly Brew your in room coffee . There was good free wifi. Free computer in the lobby. Lots of outlets and lights in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We strive to offer a great product with great value at the same time. The couch and desk you mentioned was part of our recently completed rennovations thank you for the compliments! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express in Blue Ash, OH is a great place to stay! My room was very clean, the king size bed was very comfortable. The Customer Service was outstanding, the price was right and the continental breakfast was a plus. I stay at this hotel every time I come in town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manager3536, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for your great comments. Our hotel strives to make each and every stay a hassle free and peaceful one. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a very clean hotel with a good staff! I have stayed in several of the hotels in this area and this is one of the best. Clean rooms, flat screen TV's and good location!

South Fulton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stay at HIE Blue Ash about every other month when visiting my corporate office in Blue Ash. I have never been disappointed with my stay there and if you book online you can get a decent nightly rate.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here for one night after visiting Kings Island for the day. One of the specific reasons for staying here was because I wanted to watch a program on HBO. I was told several hours prior to check in by the hotel front desk that HBO and Showtime was available. It was only after I checked in and was preparing to watch the program that I found out that HBO was not available.
Breakfast was okay and I felt that it was a nice and clean hotel. The walls are very thin it is very easy to hear the floors from upstairs. The staff was friendly and apologetic when they realized that they made a mistake when informing me that HBO was available.
Overall, I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Use top floor to prevent noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 6-10,11,12 in one room and 6-15 in another room. By the ending of the first stay when I went to work on Monday morning the 13th I had little red bumps on my abdomin and thighs. They mildly itched and I didn't think anything about it. By the next stay the red bumps where itching like crazy. When I got up on the morning of the 16th I had got bitten even more, this time to my back and the back of my thighs. I went to work and had a doctor look at the bites and he told me they where bed bug bites. I thus turned around and call the GM to inform him of this situation. Well here it is a week later and there is still NO resolution. The GM keeps telling me that he is waiting on the owners of the hotel to tell him what to do, waiting on the inspection report to come back. I told the GM that I wanted to speak with the owners of the hotel and he said that it was not possible because they are forgien and don't speak English well. I have been given nothing but the run around on this situation and have become very angry. I took pictures of what the bites looked liked through the various stages of healing and what they did to my body. So, stay here at your own risk!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Manager3536, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your recent stays at our hotel. In response to the complaint regarding this guest stay, she already knows, the health dept and an exterminator inspected both of the rooms in which she stayed. Both agencies could find no evidence of those rooms having bed bugs.

Our hotel prides itself on providing our guests with clean, safe rooms. We have provided documentation to the guest showing there was no evidence of bed bugs.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!