“Nice Hotel - Typical Garden Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Pick an Offer Just 4 You
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Nice Hotel - Typical Garden Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is what I have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, newer hotel with great service. My room was clean and didn't smell of smoke like others have stated. The bar staff is very friendly and the dinner was good. I have no complaints about my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our first stay at this HGI. The hotel was very clean and well decorated. The linens were of good quality and very comfortable for sleeping/bathing. Bathroom was small.

The pool and hot tub were closed due to repairs. We were not notified of this until check in. There was a strong adhesive odor coming from the pool area, but was not in the guest area where we stayed.

There were freshly baked cookies in the evening with hot coffee/tea(complimentary). We were two waters & breakfast since we were Hilton Gold members.

Breakfast staff was very friendly & efficient. Food was very good and presented well.
We will be back, if in the area.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every few months on business. Besides a few glitches with the overwhelmed room service crew, it is a good representation of the Hilton Garden Inn line which I love. However... They have the water softener system cranked so high that it is like bathing in SLIME. You cannot get the slippery residue off your skin. Even in the lobby bathroom, the soap just won't wash off your hands. I would love to continue staying here but I just can't take that sticky icky feeling getting out of the shower! If mgt is reading these posts... Go wash your hands with soap in the lobby and you will understand! Unless it gets fixed, next time it is the Courtyard for me.

• Stayed January 2013
Chillicothe, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Staff was very pleasant, Hot tub did not work and pool was cold. Bed skirt was ripped. Decorating was top notch as was the breakfast. The bathroom was not heated as there was no vent/register in the room. Hot tub was supposed to be fixed during our stay but was not. Hotel was very convenient to dining and shopping. We would probably stay here again if the maintenance was improved and heating issue was resolved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nothing special about this property. It was clean, staff was courteous.

Was extremely disappointed to the water dispenser empty in the fitness center the first day I arrived. I went to the front and reported it and they said they'd replace it right away - I left an hour later and there was still no water in the fitness center. Also, I had a room on the ground floor, and had trouble keeping the room at a decent temp. It was freezing outside - so possible that it was just the extreme temps. Nonetheless, it would have been nice to be comfortable from a temperature standpoint.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

During my 11 day stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, my overall experience was very good, with the exception of the breakfast staff. I found all staff to be courteous and helpful, again with the exception of the breakfast staff. I had to search them out on two of 3 occasions, just to pay and leave for the day. This is not a good way to start the day. It seems like a little thing, but as you can understand, business professionals are on a bit of a tight schedule, and slight delays are not preferred.The room was excellent and restful. The room was very clean and very fresh upon my return each evening. The room amenities are of high quality. I used the internet on a routine basis, and experienced no lost connections or failures.I did not utilize the spa or workout room, so I cannot comment on them. As I stay at the Hilton properties on a regular traveling basis, I can say without hesitation, that I would not change at this time. I will continue to be a loyal Hilton member. I will chalk this stay up as a little less than I have come to expect, but not negative enough for me to change my hotel preference.

Room Tip: I always try to stay away from the elevators and vending machines. Turn the ac/heater off at night s...
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food in the fridge from previous occupant and a tablet left in the corner of the bathroom.. makes you wonder what else they didnt clean :-( other areas were clean. The bar and restaurant staff were friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash? Share your experiences!