“Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Blue Ash
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is your typical hyatt place. The location is outside of the city, which isn't stellar if you're trying to drive in and out of the city. First time I tried the skillet breakfast at hyatt place here, which was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comment and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the new AM Skillet Breakfast that was rolled out within the last month at the hotel and can now be found at all Hyatt Place hotels. As far as the location of the hotel, yes we are located about 18 miles north of downtown Cincinnati.

We hope that your next visit to the area you will allows us to serve your lodging needs at the Hyatt Place - Blue Ash,

Regards

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
detroit, michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This property is very nice, and the continental breakfast was a nice touch but nothing special (with no vegetarian option in the hot breakfast), but the rooms are not clean. This is my second stay in less than a year, and I noticed hair on the bathroom floor, mildew in the tub and there was something gross like toothpaste gel or shaving gel on the inside of the door so that the peep hole could not be used. The housekeeping staff needs to be trained!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Hyatt Place - Blue Ash. We are glad that you liked the hotel but we are unhappy that the cleanliness of the room was found in this condition. We have recently hired some new team members in our housekeeping department and they have been undergoing training. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues that you encountered.

I hope that during your next visit to the area you will allow us to show you that the issues mentioned have been corrected.

Regards
Portland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am not sure where to start. Upon check in we were told to come back down and get a drink and a snack. Having 2 children I thought that is nice. We took everything to our room and came back down. The drink and snack were not complimentary! It was $2.50 for a cookie and $3 for a large glass of milk. When we went to go back to our room the key didn't work. Had to go back down for the key to work. After we got back to the room all we could hear was our neighbors!!!! This went on until at least midnight. Yes, you can hear through the doors and the walls! My husband went down to the front desk and told they were full and wanted to know if he wanted them to call the people?! YES!!!!

Please note this is not a very kid friendly hotel, however, that is all you see. There is the Toon channel. Do you let your small children watch the Toon channel after 9pm?! I don't. There is the Discovery channel. There was a crab-boat show on where every other word was bleebed out!

Breakfast was good. However they say they have breakfast until 9:30 on weekdays. My daughter went to get more juice at 9:14 and everything but donuts were put away!!!! As we walked by the front desk the person asked if we had a good night. I told him no and he SMILED! Are you kidding?

We went to our room and again the key didn't work. So my girls and I had to go back down again!

We will never stay at this location again!! This is like no other Hyatt I have ever stayed. This is by far an EXTREMELY disappointment.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't adjoin to another room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

However, I would not ever stay at this location AT ALL!! My husband and I are GOLD CARD members and we just got back from our stay at the Hyatt Place in Orlando Florida and it was beautiful! They served hot and cold fresh breakfast. Not the BLUE/ASH Hyatt Place location. The Danishes were frozen and they only offered cereal yogurt and bagels. Oh and Horrible biscuits and gravy with pieces of unknown meat. To top it off our bathroom was soooo NASTY. We checked in and brought the luggage to the room then immediately left to go to dinner with the family. We then returned to the room to find a filthy bathroom with a disgusting shower and hair all over the floor and in the shower. The entry way floor by the elevators were very filthy dirty floor and the elevators were very SLOW and DIRTY. We have stayed in the HYATT PLACe all over and the ANDAZ and this is by far an EXTREMELY disappointment. I would not bring my family here AGAIN and I mean that. We had to clean up the bathroom due to management stating there were no housekeepers during that specific time to clean the bathroom up. Very disappointed!!! And all of the HYATT PLACE chains were suppose to change there continential breakfast menu NOT blue ash location. They changed for the WORST. The upkeep of this hotel is going down and will be a motel!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Blue Ash. On behalf of the hotel's team, I would like to apologize for your experience with us. We strive to create the best experience possible for each and every guest. The housekeeping issues that you encountered are not typical of the hotel and have been addressed with the team to ensure that this does not occur again. As for the breakfast you caught us in the middle of the tranisition to the new Hyatt Place AM Skillet Breakfast program which began this past Thursday. We hope that if you visit the Blue Ash area again you will allow us the opportunity to serve you and show you a better example of hospitality.

Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business. The room is a nice size with a comfortable couch and bed. The staff was super nice.

The AC was so loud I had to turn it off at night. Courtesy wireless was a plus, but not particularly reliable for business related use. 80's style carpet was stained in numerous places and one of the bath towels was stained as well. Flat screen TV is a great size, but hums noticably on lower volume settings. The vent in the bathroom was full of dust buildup. I suppose I simply expect a bit more from a room that is $200+ a night. Thankfully, the company covered the costs on this stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your business and feedback. As a team we were disappointed with the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your recent stay at the property.

I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you here at the Hyatt Place Blue Ash on your next trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything further that I can do for you.

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed two nights. The staff were incredible and very accommodating--just a pleasant group of people. The gentleman who checked us in greeted us by name on the second night when he met us in the hall. Our room was a great size. Free wireless that worked well. Huge TV and very comfortable beds. I LOVE Hyatt Places as the extra room is terrific and this room was similar to others where I have stayed...very clean and nicely appointed. The AC unit was a bit noisy but not so loud that one couldn't sleep...just noisier than seemed necessary. The actual bathroom (shower and toilet) is small but honestly, the best shower with water pressure I have ever taken. We liked the area, however if you did not have a car, it would be a tough place to stay as there's not much around. However, we were there for an annual event and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for your positive comments in regards to your recent stay. I will make sure to share these comments with the hotel's team members. I will also pass along your comment to our maintenance team to look at the air conditioner that was in your room.

We hope to serve your lodging needs when you are back in the Blue Ash area.

Lyndhurst, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Booked the hotel using Priceline and was happy to see I was getting this hotel. Staff was great. Arrived late, and the lobby/bar area was busy. I enjoyed talking to the staff, and even though I didn't have any special requests, I could tell they would be willing to go out of their way if I needed extra assistance. Room was clean and nicely appointed. I just wish that the tv had more digital channels, and better reception, but I wasn't in town to watch tv.

Internet was ok, though faster speed would be nice if I was traveling for business.

Checked out a little late with no problems, and overall am very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Paul M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Greetings Valued Guest, It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent trip to the Cincinnati area. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel staff and I will make sure to share these comments with the hotel's team. We hope to serve you again on any future trips to the Cincinnati area.

Paul Marcum

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash? Share your experiences!